62 replies to this topic

#1 Chew

Chew

BioBomber

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:31 AM

The Pax 3. loose leaf and concentrates vaporiser.

£220 + shipping so not exactly cheap. First impressions upon unboxing was it looked and felt quality, not like some cheap arse shite. It also comes with a 10 year warranty which is nice. A protective sleeve/case of some kind would have been nice and for the price, it’s a bit tight not to give one as the finish on the device is really nice and i can see it getting scratched up.

gallery_826_515_26996.jpg

gallery_826_515_91769.jpg

In the box
Oven packing/ unpacking tool
Pipe cleaners
3x spare screens
2x oven lids. (Full, or half oven)
2x mouth piece
Compartment for concentrates
Charger

gallery_826_515_3075.jpg

When you pack the oven, you need to pack it down really tight. You can fit a lot more in there than you think. The oven lids are magnetic and the magnets are in the middle of the lid. The lid kinda swivels when you push one end. It’s easy to remove, no faffing around and keeps the gear in place as it should.

Adjusting the temp on the Pax itself it quick and easy. Hold the power button down for 2 seconds then you’re in temp mode. Then just push the button until you’re on your desired temp. There are four to choose from.

After use, if you inspect the weed, its perfectly heated through. No cold spots or wasted material in sight.

After turning the device on, there’s only a 10-15 second wait to reach temperature. Once it’s up to temp, it vibrates and the lights go green. To get the most from the Pax, wait 10 seconds after the green light. That gives the oven a chance to completely fill with vapour. When you draw from it, sip it, don’t rip it! Thats the advice i got from Pax and it works a charm. Short soft draws and wait 10 seconds between them and there is no shortage of vapour.

It’s so clean and easy. No smoky smells or rank taste. Speaking of taste, you really can taste the gear. It was a bit of a shock the first time i used it but now, i like it :)

I find the high really nice. It seems to be a much clearer buzz where as if i ripped a bong, i have a foggy head. If that makes sense?

The App
When connected to the app, you can change temps by 5 or 1 degree F increments. There are also other settings that will enhance flavour, add stealth and so on. I find the default setting works perfect and my favourite temp is 185c / 365f. It’s quite surprising how different the buzz is from low to high temp. It’s nice to have the option to tailor your high :)

gallery_826_515_35190.jpggallery_826_515_13210.jpg

This thing is quite clever. I nicked the following from their website

PAX 3 Device Functionality: Lip Sensing
When PAX 3 detects your lip on the mouthpiece, it starts boosting oven temperature up to and beyond your temperature setting to maintain good vapor production throughout your draw and quickly replenish the heat your oven contents lose during your draw.
When your take your lip off the mouthpiece, oven temperature returns to your temperature setting.
When the device hasn't detected your lip for a while, it starts auto-cooling gradually to preserve your oven contents.
Lip presence-based boosting and auto-cooling work together to give PAX 3 more intelligent and more ideal heating than other conduction vaporizers.
Try different Dynamic Modes with the app to change how much PAX 3 boosts, how long it waits to start auto-cooling, and how quickly and how much it auto-cools.

PAX 3 Device: Oven Dimensions
Pax 3's oven holds about 0.35 grams of ground flower material.
The Half Pack oven lid (included with purchase), you can use about 0.17 grams of material in the oven.
These amounts may vary with moisture content and level of grind, but not by much.

PAX 3 Device: Battery Specs and Charging
PAX 3 comes with a rechargeable 3500mAh Lithium-ion battery and on a full charge lasts approximately 8-10 sessions.
Charge time via USB: 2.5 hours.
Charge time via PAX AC Adapter: 90 min.
A full battery charge is indicated by 4 solid white petals.
A fully discharged battery is indicated by the top left petal blinking red 3 times.

PAX 3 Device: Temperature
Fahrenheit: Low: 360, Med-Low: 380, Med-High: 400, High: 420
Celcius: Low: 182, Med-Low: 193, Med-High: 205, High: 215
When PAX 3 is connected to the app, the full temperature range from 360 - 420F becomes available in 1 or 5 degree increments, giving you a 5th customizeable temperature setting in addition to the 4 default settings available through the device interface only.

Over all, I’m well chuffed with this. It’s the only vaporiser I’ve ever tried so i can’t compare it to anything else. As long as you use it correctly, it's awesome and packs a punch :)

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, Adam Bomb and 8 others like this

#2 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:39 PM

Hi Chew, theres a uk site selling them on special offer £220, if legit is that a good price?  

• Petal and Chew like this

#3 Chew

Chew

BioBomber

• Respected User
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:51 PM

Hi Chew, theres a uk site selling them on special offer £220, if legit is that a good price?  

They are £220 Dutchy. I ordered direct and recieved within 3 days :)

https://www.paxvapor.com/

• Budgie, Petal and Dutchy like this

#4 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:57 PM

The pax stuff is always good, but I'm still a massive fanny of the herbstik deluxe it's pretty amazing on only £40 odd off fasttech
  • Petal, Dutchy and Chew like this

#5 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:00 PM

Crafty feckers https://www.namastev...pax-3-vaporizer

Thanks @Chew gonna get one off these in March , got a few quid coming back from the Government  :)  ;)

• Petal and Chew like this

#6 Chew

Chew

BioBomber

• Respected User
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:12 PM

Crafty feckers https://www.namastev...pax-3-vaporizer

Thanks @Chew gonna get one off these in March , got a few quid coming back from the Government  :)  ;)

Sneaky bastards! lol

• Dutchy likes this

#7 Chew

Chew

BioBomber

• Respected User
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

Hey @Chew this pax thingymajig, did you get a chance to weigh how much you can get in there with the half oven lid?

Normal medium grind say, loosely packed? Or do you have to fine grind and pack the ballbags out of it?

See, I reckon these things would be great for walking the dog but I don't want to do a full 'session', just warm it up when I want a toke then pocket it until the next one.

:)

You have to pack it tight so it heats evenly. I only have kitchen scales so i can't weigh it but Pax say a full oven is around 0.35 grams. Or, you use the "half" oven lid and that's around 0.17 gram. Half oven for me is a nice gentle buzz, i use the half when i walk my dog :) If i walked him on a full oven, i don't think i would get very far...

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, Petal and 1 other like this

#8 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

Hey @Chew this pax thingymajig, did you get a chance to weigh how much you can get in there with the half oven lid?

Normal medium grind say, loosely packed? Or do you have to fine grind and pack the ballbags out of it?

See, I reckon these things would be great for walking the dog but I don't want to do a full 'session', just warm it up when I want a toke then pocket it until the next one.

:)

Can't go wrong with the herbstik deluxe, can do just what u said, also goes an extra 10c than most vapes :)
  • Dutchy and Chew like this

#9 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,585 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:17 PM

Some Pax snides here at a fair price if anyone is willing to take a punt http://www.3fvape.co...earch_query=pax

My personal opinion on cloned vape type stuff and more so on E-cigs is well ive been buying eciggy stuff, real macoy and clones for years and tbh its only place ill buy it from China unless i need summink fast that is, but i cannot tell the difference really they alll seem to work as good as each other. I just think those Chinese are smashing it i swear day shift makes them under license for 12 hours and nightshift makes clones for 12 hours using same machinery to flog on their Chinese ebay type sites cheaper but still profitting lots, but they dont give too fooks for licenseing and counterfeiting laws they just ignore it or turn blind eye to it as does their government imho, it`s all about profit with them be that 10p or £2 on a clone or real deal, it`s all profit. But yes back to clones vs real deal if i was picky i`d say nightshift isnt as skilled on that machinery as day shift cus really only spots i can pull with many clones i`ve used over real deal is a few rough edges on workmanship every now n then lol, but never nowt mechanical, thats my view more on eciggi type stuff really though but makes you think a bit, well it does me :lol:

• Budgie, Zipp, Petal and 2 others like this

#10 Zipp

Zipp

Coco Automatic Mod'ness

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:09 PM

just a note i've a really picky mrs and she loves her Pax 2  , :lol: :missy:

• Budgie, 2scoops, Petal and 2 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.