49 replies to this topic

#1 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:58 AM

Hey buddies me and my mate dragon and since last night my brother too lol are all looking into this auto pots..

See I'm getting old and love coco but can't keep watering 10l pots every day :( it's painful.. Yes I k ow 10l pots are heavy you say? Food yes even just coco lmao I can't do it on normal days and bad days the wife has to put email back in..

So I been looking at something easier and more gravity done and auto pots seem the way forward..

Have any of you lovely tgc folks had any experience in auto pots I hear there are two types easy one and another god knows only my brother seen and I can't find it lol.

But yeah could you fine people tell me if it's worth the change?

Should I use coco and pebbles or coco and perlite? And why? if there is a reason I see most on pebbles.

And generally what it like if you have used it or known someone using this :)

Thanks in advance buddies and God bless
  • ValleyDragon, symbol 22 and Cheeseman like this

#2 symbol 22

symbol 22

Sir ledalot

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:19 AM

Have you not thought on a drip system? I find this system is a no messing no stress feeding routine bro, I've done this in coco,clay pebbles and rockwool in root pruning pots, you would be able to have a KitKat during feeds
  • Dex, ValleyDragon and Cheeseman like this

#3 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:33 AM

Have you not thought on a drip system? I find this system is a no messing no stress feeding routine bro, I've done this in coco,clay pebbles and rockwool in root pruning pots, you would be able to have a KitKat during feeds

Hey buddy thanks for replying :)

I was looking at gravity drip systems which are cheaper and to be fair the waste would he an issue for me, and the thought of plants drinking what they want when they want is better than me dripping more than they need of it makes sense.

Tho if I don't hear good things about auto pots.... gravity drips is option b and I have to price one of those garland trays thingies
  • ValleyDragon, Bubonik Chronic, symbol 22 and 1 other like this

#4 Charnel

Charnel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:44 PM

Auto Pots are awesome.

I have used them many times over the years from the easy2grow system to the xl system :)

I highly recommend them.

• Dex and Cheeseman like this

#5 Charnel

Charnel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:45 PM

HAve a look at the haze I grew in a single auto xl.  Just have a look at the first few pages of my diary.  I managed to pull around 816g of a single plant in that xl set up :)

• gingerb, Dex, ValleyDragon and 1 other like this

#6 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:53 PM

I seen them buddy before when you started here I'm sure unless I'm mistaking you lol poor memory but I will re look

And thanks for that info, how did you set the pots or just a simple coco/pebbles 40/60.. Not sure how to ask it but how was the medium set lol
  • Cheeseman likes this

#7 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:57 PM

autopots are bottom feeders right? not ideal for coco imo , a driper system is much better for coco imo to  wash the left over salts down  and out the pots

• Dex and Cheeseman like this

#8 Charnel

Charnel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:12 PM

The ideal mix for Autopots I have found over the years to be a 50/50mix of chunky perlite and coco.  Works like a beast. 

I have mates that use the 15L pots the medium size guys and have great results just running the flora 3part.  

Do yourself a favor and do a google on Johnny Chimpo and his reefer madness thread.  He grows in autopots and was one of the best out there untill he suddenly just went dark.  He is the reason I bought autopots to begin with as they are well supported here in sa and his results  peaked my interest.

My only regret was buying the easy2grow system over the 15L pots or XL system originally because should you unfortunately have a plant that for whatever reason is not growing to the speeds of the others It will be difficult to deal with as both plants share a rez.  I like the xl system but for all intensive purposes the 15L pots work very well.

@Forest  Why would consider coco not to be ideal for the autopot system? nvm just saw the base of your post will respond in another post

Edited by Charnel, 23 January 2017 - 02:13 PM.

• Dex, ValleyDragon and Cheeseman like this

#9 Charnel

Charnel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:16 PM

The way the autopot system works is by leaching the salts to the surface +-2cm of soil which at the end of a grow can look white with salt and have a caked soil feel.   On the plus this means that you do not need to flush your soil to wash excess salts out the soil but on the down if you do decide to flush the soil you will need to use a large quantity of water or all you are doing is washing the salt cake on top to the roots :/

I may be a bit biased here but I love this system and have grown organically in this system as well : )

• 2scoops, Forest, Austin and 3 others like this

#10 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:26 PM

The way the autopot system works is by leaching the salts to the surface +-2cm of soil which at the end of a grow can look white with salt and have a caked soil feel. On the plus this means that you do not need to flush your soil to wash excess salts out the soil but on the down if you do decide to flush the soil you will need to use a large quantity of water or all you are doing is washing the salt cake on top to the roots :/

I may be a bit biased here but I love this system and have grown organically in this system as well : )

Thank you very much buddy and I will Google him :)
  • duke, Charnel and Cheeseman like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.