• Charnel likes this

#22 ValleyDragon

ValleyDragon

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:55 PM

Some great info on here labs, autopots are best suited for my caravan away hols lol

Currently doing my 1st coco grow in a dtw system with an idea i pinched off here (thanks jimmy!) 6 pots in 1mx1m tray which is sloped to front of tent so i can pump out waste.

Total coco fanatic now thanks to labs guiding me cos ive always grown (badly) in soil and never got this far without deffs and need a system that allows me to continue to use coco when im away 3-4 days a time, hoping autopots are the answer lol
  • 2scoops, Forest, Dex and 1 other like this

#23 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:37 PM

Some great info on here labs, autopots are best suited for my caravan away hols lol

Currently doing my 1st coco grow in a dtw system with an idea i pinched off here (thanks jimmy!) 6 pots in 1mx1m tray which is sloped to front of tent so i can pump out waste.

Total coco fanatic now thanks to labs guiding me cos ive always grown (badly) in soil and never got this far without deffs and need a system that allows me to continue to use coco when im away 3-4 days a time, hoping autopots are the answer lol

Total coco loco we are now lmao and shhh dragon wait till you get a good result then tell me I helped lmaooo

But nah every fooker I guide gets good results... Need to get a diary going dragon don't ya think lads :D

Wish @gavin was here too I bet we would have converted him too lol
  • ValleyDragon and Charnel like this

#24 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:02 PM

Now that's a Autopot Grow to sell the system if I have ever seen one!

His first ever grow as well Charnel so it can`t be bad eyy.

@ValleyDragon so long as you don`t overfert you cant fail with the sytstem, myself i prefer to top feed nowadays. If you get stuck just shout i`ll help out setting your autopots and getting you up and running, its not rocket science and once set its just a case of adjusting fert strength every once in a while. :)

• Dex, ValleyDragon, Charnel and 1 other like this

#25 Charnel

Charnel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:17 PM

His first ever grow as well Charnel so it can`t be bad eyy.

@ValleyDragon so long as you don`t overfert you cant fail with the sytstem, myself i prefer to top feed nowadays. If you get stuck just shout i`ll help out setting your autopots and getting you up and running, its not rocket science and once set its just a case of adjusting fert strength every once in a while. :)

That thread has psyched me up for an autopot grow next :)

It will be a while but in that time i will buy another three autopot xl systems to complete my autopot setup.

• 2scoops, Dex and ValleyDragon like this

#26 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:01 PM

That thread has psyched me up for an autopot grow next :)

It will be a while but in that time i will buy another three autopot xl systems to complete my autopot setup.

If i ever get my tent down from loft i may invest in 4 x 15 litre singles for it, the ones i got are very old i think from when system first came out or onto weed growing scene like long ago, it was the first system i had success with growing 6 plants for around 20oz, i did use the nft first which i had gave me, but it fucked up and was too much of a faff around, but yes i grew in small rockwool cubes and clayballs and 50/50 mix for a few years with this set up which you got 2 x 7 litre pots in each tray with one auto valve feeding those , i think are the size, but yes sat very close together so its not ideal tbh if you wanna grow fair sized plants, i much prefer look of the single pot system.

• Dex, ValleyDragon, Charnel and 1 other like this

#27 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:27 PM

If i ever get my tent down from loft i may invest in 4 x 15 litre singles for it, the ones i got are very old i think from when system first came out or onto weed growing scene like long ago, it was the first system i had success with growing 6 plants for around 20oz, i did use the nft first which i had gave me, but it fucked up and was too much of a faff around, but yes i grew in small rockwool cubes and clayballs and 50/50 mix for a few years with this set up which you got 2 x 7 litre pots, i think are the size, but yes sat very close together so its not ideal tbh if you wanna grow fair sized plants, ik much prefer look of the single pot system.

That's the spirit lads get it down jimmy :) that will be my motivation, I been talking to dragon about it but I'm clue less lol.. Thought I'd ask here and and it was quite for a day or so and glad you two are revd up because I'll he able to soak up all the information..

I did tell dragon if someone here answers here were gonna bug them with info lmao

Thanks tho you two and I am looking forward to it..

Dragon you know to start a diary once you get the auto pots because we can both learn then :D

Diary dairy for dragon and (motivation to get up that loft) jimmy jimmy jimmy lol

Excuse me lol :smoked:
  • ValleyDragon, Charnel and Dutchy like this

#28 ValleyDragon

ValleyDragon

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:36 PM

Thanks for offer of help jimmy, ill defo need it and it will take some weight off labs shoulders cos im leaning heavy on him all thro this coco grow lol

Bloke in hydro shop recommended autopots because i was saying im away alot in summer and last year was popping home every 3-4 days to water plants which i grew in canna soil, really dont want to go back to soil but couldnt think of a way of being able to leave coco grow for few days but he reckoned autopots would solve it.

They are selling the 15L autopot for £20 in local shop so i was gonna get 6 but then seen on fleabay that i can get 6 15L pots and 100L reservoir for £127 so works out better value.

Theres also alot of fittings on fleabay like inline filters and stop-taps so the system can be modified

One other thing ive read on my autopot quest is that some growers add battery water timers to them so they can give plants 2 dry days in week, have any of u fine growers heard of this?
  • 2scoops, Forest, Dex and 2 others like this

#29 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:02 PM

Thanks for offer of help jimmy, ill defo need it and it will take some weight off labs shoulders cos im leaning heavy on him all thro this coco grow lol

Bloke in hydro shop recommended autopots because i was saying im away alot in summer and last year was popping home every 3-4 days to water plants which i grew in canna soil, really dont want to go back to soil but couldnt think of a way of being able to leave coco grow for few days but he reckoned autopots would solve it.

They are selling the 15L autopot for £20 in local shop so i was gonna get 6 but then seen on fleabay that i can get 6 15L pots and 100L reservoir for £127 so works out better value.

Theres also alot of fittings on fleabay like inline filters and stop-taps so the system can be modified

One other thing ive read on my autopot quest is that some growers add battery water timers to them so they can give plants 2 dry days in week, have any of u fine growers heard of this?

4 would fit my 1.2m square tent lovely and pack it full without too much effort. But all you gotta make sure its all level pots, trays and such then raise tank off ground and your away, maybe check autovalve for blockages with things like roots, but if you add some root matt at bottom of pots to stop roots escaping easily you should be good, just keep an eye on the valve really, give them odd tap to make sure everything is running freely if you feel like it lol and jobs a good en. your pots just add few cm of clayballs at bottom so when rezz floods nowts too waterlogged and coco for rest is the way to go, you could probably leave out the clayballs if you like but i`d add em myself.

• Forest, Dex, ValleyDragon and 1 other like this

#30 Charnel

Charnel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:46 PM

The timer is a good idea if you are away when the plants are small.  I find that when they are smaller and this was in those 2x7L easy2grow setups there is a chance that root rot may develop.  To counter this I always pay close attention while the girls were small and close the valves when the coco was nice and saturated.

Just was broke back in the day and never bothered since then :)

• 2scoops, Dex, ValleyDragon and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.