30 replies to this topic

#1 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:35 PM

So, bit of popcorn and trim and thought I would have a go, three washes, in fridge final filter,look at the diff, two containers are same product split to save filter time, other container is after a third wash, still good to go for the oil I assume peeps??

Attached File  IMG_1337.JPG   75.64KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1338.JPG   92.73KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1340.JPG   95.58KB   0 downloads

Cheers,

tick tock, tick tock, tick, tock, I'm shagging freezing here, doors open, C.H off and a jet engine fan running, even the dogs foxtrot oscared off upstairs!

Attached Files

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 9 others like this

#2 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:44 PM

Whoo hooo!!! Dutchy you going for it mon! hahaha :D Good one hun...I'll be doing the same in a few months time :)

Your oil and equipment looks awesome! I see you got the cheesecloth filter...yep, me too!  AND I note you are freezing the fuck out of everything just like I plan to do lolol :lol:

Good one mucka! :weed: :)

Can't wait to see the end product :)

• The Dude Abides, duke, Dex and 4 others like this

#3 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:13 PM

@ Petal, Thank you, same again tomorrow then I'll try a cook off , thought I would keep the first one manageable :)

• duke, Petal, Dex and 3 others like this

#4 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:15 PM

@ Petal, Thank you, same again tomorrow then I'll try a cook off , thought I would keep the first one manageable :)

Very good idea Dutchy, I better do the same. I hope it all goes well for you ...hehehe exciting eh :)

• Dex, Bubonik Chronic, Dutchy and 2 others like this

#5 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:19 PM

Actually, it is, I feel like that bloke out of breaking bad, my cheesecloth (egg poacher sheets from lakeland) was left covered in green stain from the chlorophyll, the coffee filters had really fine light brown waste in them , Gonna dry out the plant material and use it as compost. , fascinating stuff  :)

• The Dude Abides, Petal, Dex and 5 others like this

#6 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:28 PM

Actually, it is, I feel like that bloke out of breaking bad, my cheesecloth (egg poacher sheets from lakeland) was left covered in green stain from the chlorophyll, the coffee filters had really fine light brown waste in them , Gonna dry out the plant material and use it as compost. , fascinating stuff  :)

hehehe...yeah that's great, ok then so good to know what to expect in the various filters...glad you on top of recycling etcc and got ya compost in order...gotta love nature! :)

• The Dude Abides, Dutchy, symbol 22 and 1 other like this

#7 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:05 PM

nice m8 you will find it  better if you chop the bud trim etc up it needs less time in the iso then which means less green stuff (cant spell the name  clorasomething) comes out the plants , it looks like you using big stuff ? , i used to do three washes but it gets to long winded for me so i grind up the buds and trim when bone dry  pop it in freezer and it ready for use , tell me to shut up if that what you did lol

i also find if you pop your trim in a old stocking then suspend it in the jar put lid on  and give it a good shake you dont have to strain the trim out of the iso , just lift up and squeeze it out  then repeat in another bit of iso, job done   you dont need to fil the jar to much  , twice worked out well for me  and there was never anything to come ouit to make it worth doing a third time , and when evaping out the iso when you think its all gone, its not so gently heat  over the cooker till it bubbles slightly and you can get the last of the water and iso out of it and it tastes so much better when smoked , thats what has best  worked for me over the years

• The Dude Abides, Petal, Dex and 2 others like this

#8 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:15 PM

nice m8 you will find it  better if you chop the bud trim etc up it needs less time in the iso then which means less green stuff (cant spell the name  clorasomething) comes out the plants , it looks like you using big stuff ? , i used to do three washes but it gets to long winded for me so i grind up the buds and trim when bone dry  pop it in freezer and it ready for use , tell me to shut up if that what you did lol

i also find if you pop your trim in a old stocking then suspend it in the jar put lid on  and give it a good shake you dont have to strain the trim out of the iso , just lift up and squeeze it out  then repeat in another bit of iso, job done   you dont need to fil the jar to much  , twice worked out well for me  and there was never anything to come ouit to make it worth doing a third time , and when evaping out the iso when you think its all gone, its not so gently heat  over the cooker till it bubbles slightly and you can get the last of the water and iso out of it and it tastes so much better when smoked , thats what has best  worked for me over the years

great tips thanks forest! ...gotta print and save this somehow

• Dex, Dutchy and symbol 22 like this

#9 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:40 AM

Nice one Dutch, makes me feel bad that I toss it all out.

• Dex, Dutchy and symbol 22 like this

#10 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:29 AM

Lol go on Dutchy be careful and good luck..

@ Forest that info or tip up there is awesome buddy makes easy for me to understand and if I ever do it I will do the stocking... I have loads left from when we have weekend parties :D
  • Forest, Petal, Dutchy and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.