9 replies to this topic

#1 TheGreenMachine

TheGreenMachine

Potato

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:55 AM

I just saw in Herbies that they have a Brothers Grimm Cinderella 99 strain in seed form. Are these for real? Are Bros Grimm back?

The price tag is fairly hefty weighing in at £138 for 12 seeds!

Anyone tried these yet?

Some background taken from the brothers grimm seeds website:

Background

Brothers Grimm Seeds was founded in 1996, when arrangements were made though Canadian seed reseller Heaven’s Stairway to distribute cannabis strains created by MrSoul and partner Sly. Known for selectively backcrossing, cubing and inbreeding some of the rarest of cannabis genetics on earth, Brothers Grimm became known for uncompromising quality & for producing genetic stability, high potency, short flowering times, heavy resin production, and intensely tropical terpenes. In 2002, the company abruptly closed due to security concerns. For many years after our seeds were no longer available, growers either jealously guarded their favorite clone mothers or shared them with their friends to keep them alive. Some breeders famously used our Cinderella & Apollo to create new hybrids as well as breeding filial generations as far out as F5.

MrSoul waited more than a decade to retrieve the precious clones and seeds he’d stashed safely away. In 2015, he met Duke Diamond and together they developed a concrete plan to resurrect Brothers Grimm in Colorado. The combination of these two breeders’ abilities, along with a deep reservoir of unique cannabis cultivars, is the foundation of our company.

It’s been a long time coming, and lot of work, but we’re overjoyed to be back. Our faithful followers can be assured that our tradition of stability and reliability continues with the re-release of our Cinderella and Apollo lines as well as strains developed in our new breeding programs. Selectively combining cultivars, according to strict genetic principles, we provide the finest cannabis genetics available.

Breeding Philosophy

Brothers Grimm are famous for creating high THC strains that produce consistently outstanding results. The creation of Cinderella 99, through a multi-generation breeding program, distinguished us long ago as breeders who take the time to do things right.

After a dozen years on the sidelines, we can’t help but observe that today’s seed market is flooded with poly-hybrid crosses, seemingly created with no logical, deliberate goal or breeding plan. Such seeds produce plants of many different phenotypes – like lottery numbers.

By contrast, Brothers Grimm only cross a male and female after having thought of all the reasons WHY we want to do so. We design our seed lines to produce consistent plants that all share the qualities we selected for in the breeding program that created it.

We are able to take this approach because our breeding stock is a rare collection of landrace and other stable cultivars, each representing unique genetics. Using this gene pool, we painstakingly choose and combine males and females in a deliberate program to create hybrid seeds which produce plants consistently displaying the desired characteristics. There’s very little variation; our clients don’t have to hunt through several different phenotypes hoping to find a good one.

So which characteristics do we select for, when breeding our hybrids? The goal in each breeding program will vary somewhat of course, but the general list of traits we are known for include:

Compact overall plant structure

Dense budding

Fast-flowering

No hermaphroditism 

High resin production

Intense psychoactivity

Unique palette of terpenes 

Optimal yield

Our stance on feminized seed:

Brothers Grimm are proud that our seeds never produce hermaphrodites. It has been documented, in scientific literature, that the creation of feminized seeds always results in a percentage of hermaphrodite offspring. This validates what we’ve always believed… and why we have never made feminized seeds. Besides, competent growers can tell the sex of their seedlings before they are flowered anyway!

Edited by TheGreenMachine, 22 January 2017 - 09:59 AM.

• Sprink and gingerb like this

#2 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:02 AM

£57 for 10 fem seeds at the seed store I use.  Seedsman

Looks pretty darn impressive, going to add this to my every growing list of To Grow....

• Budgie, gingerb and TheGreenMachine like this

#3 TheGreenMachine

TheGreenMachine

Potato

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:11 AM

£57 for 10 fem seeds at the seed store I use.  Seedsman

Looks pretty darn impressive, going to add this to my every growing list of To Grow....

Just looked on there and the bros grimm cindy is £119 for 12 seeds. A nice little saving.

Yeah, if these are genuine and it is truly the original cindy from the original bros grimm I might treat myself to a pack as soon as I've got the cash. You never know how long this opportunity will be around.
I had the original bros grimm Cinderella in clone form when I started growing but then couldn't get it again. I hope these are genuine. Hopefully some people will buy them, grow them and put reviews on the net so we can see what they're like.

I should imagine that if they really are the bros grimm and they have kept seeds and cuttings stashed away as their about page suggests then it will be genuine cindy. Woooo!

Never ever thought I'd see that come back. I thought it was gone forever.

• Lab Rat and AZtech like this

#4 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:17 AM

I thought it was a rework not truly original. Still tempted myself tho :)

Edit: herbies pick n mix have um in stock at £11.59 each :)
  • TheGreenMachine and Viz like this

#5 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:23 AM

Can someone educate me a bit.  There seem to be a couple of "Cinderella 99" seeds for sale around the web, but only the Brother Grimm is the authentic one yes? 

• TheGreenMachine likes this

#6 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:24 AM

Yup you got it m8 they did the first all the rest are versions
  • TheGreenMachine and Viz like this

#7 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:26 AM

Cheers for that. The price of these seeds for regulars is hectic - talk about supply and demand.

#8 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:37 AM

Cheers for that. The price of these seeds for regulars is hectic - talk about supply and demand.

If there as good as the original it would be a cheap seed, but yea they are pricey

#9 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:47 AM

11.36 a seed at seed city with free postage

• olmec, Petal and TheGreenMachine like this

#10 TheGreenMachine

TheGreenMachine

Potato

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:47 AM

I didn't realise when I first posted this that they were regular. I though they were fems lol.

Shame. Looking at it now I know they're reg seeds, it's too rich for my blood. I'm the sort of unlucky bugger that would buy a pack of 12 and get two ropey females out the whole lot.

Ordinarily I'd have gone the Pick n Mix route but that's more of a gamble for me. Buy two seeds and get two males lol.

Not only that, my room and grow routine isn't geared for regulars. It was designed with females only in mind i.e. cuttings and fem seeds. I'd have to break my usual cycle and routine to sex these Cinderella out.

I tend to have one plant in veg and one in flower in a continuous cycle and because I've reduced down to just growing / flowering one big plant at a time I don't have the space or provisioning to deal with / care for more than that without upsetting my whole routine.

Maybe The Bros Grimm will get a demand for female seeds and branch out (no pun intended) later on and offer them. Then I'll be on them :)

It's nice to know they're back in the game though and I'm so glad they kept hold of their genetics (where possible). I never ever thought I'd see this breeder back in the game - honestly I didn't.

Edited by TheGreenMachine, 24 January 2017 - 11:49 AM.

• Lab Rat, duke and olmec like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.