• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 hazed bunny

hazed bunny

doing bunny stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 15,201 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:47 AM

Right I need help here 😆 I have a sociology assessment I have to do. I want to do cannabis but cannabis it to broad so I have to pick a certain topic related to it.

After it coming up more than a few times, most of them in a negative view. I wanted to do mine on recreational use and how people seem to think you can't function if you use it in any form. Everyone is all for medical use but a straight out no for personal cause they see them as junkies basically.

What I need is links to reports/studies to disprove this. I have been looking but there is so much. Another thing has to be uk based possibly and within a few years, at least last 5.

If anyone can help thay would be fabulous 😊 Thank's
  • Budgie, The Dude Abides, duke and 5 others like this

#2 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:20 AM

There has been some work done about gamers and herb that is quiet positive. While the research is focusing on things like memory retention amongst Alzheimer’s patients (Groningen Mental Enhancement Department) you can use that kind of research to present a set of finding that will be applicable across the board and include recreational users. Your supervisor is more interested in you showing that you can use different bits of research to support a thesis; than in your findings. Unless you are doing your PhD where the outcome (unique piece of research) is the important part.

So doing a quick search of the the PubMed database searched for scientific articles with your time restriction and with the following keywords: ‘cannabis’, ‘marijuana’ and what ever search terms you want to add should throw out quiet a few hits, pun intended. Skim through the executive summaries and see if any of the content can be used to support arguments for and arguments against your thesis. Remember supervisors and external markers want to see both sides well argued.

I did a quick search and found a few dozen research papers that could be of use.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, hazed bunny and 7 others like this

#3 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:44 AM

this is an article rather than a study on 11 non medical benefits of marijuana

http://herb.co/2015/...s-of-marijuana/

here's a study on Being Stoned: a review of self-reported cannabis effects

Good luck :)

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, hazed bunny and 7 others like this

#4 hazed bunny

hazed bunny

doing bunny stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 15,201 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:54 AM

thanks you two aiming for a A in this lol. 

• Budgie, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 5 others like this

#5 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:38 PM

@hazed bunny How many words is your assignment Bunny? 

• hazed bunny, 2scoops, duke and 3 others like this

#6 hazed bunny

hazed bunny

doing bunny stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 15,201 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:49 PM

Between 800 and 1,200. I have managed to get 453 words so far but I have to put a positive side to it now but struggling to find some links to people who have lived a successful life as a recreational user. Got to provide evidence links and shit lol

I need a joint and brew
  • Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 4 others like this

#7 hazed bunny

hazed bunny

doing bunny stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 15,201 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:02 PM

going for as close to 1,200 as possible. want a A for this lol. 

• 2scoops, Petal, Dex and 1 other like this

#8 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:17 PM

Ok, tthats not too bad then, lots of routes you could go I suppose, many of the music, literacy, arts, or creative geniuses of our time,  and Snoop dog etc  (and before-i.e shakespeare allegedly) have used cannabis succesfully in producing their products so there is one angle about success with it.

Of course, most of the stereo type about recreational users sees them projected as very young lay about pot heads , so another angle or argument would be to look for older celebrity or well known people who have used it and are still functioning well.

Theres the angle of it being class A where as opiates are deemed less harmful, you could argue around that aspect and the issue of legalisation being so different across the western world, in some parts of Europe and the USA, it is legal in others it isnt so there is an argument that the legality of recreational use is not about medical or recreational issues but political acceptability.

That gives you a opportunity to pad out a couple of paragraphs about when it became a  political football in the 1940s I think ,there is a brill vid on here in one of the forums with loads on how it was changed. That is linked to how society develops and functions and how its led !!

The point that people see rec users as straight out junkies underlines the point that this perception of users has been manufactured . Any stats that give an idea how perception of cannabis use has changed over time,given there are so many people "In the Closet" 

ONE DIRECTION,, weren't a couple of them caught having a spliff, !!! any ways just a few thoughts, might get something bouncing n your brain, good luck @hazed bunny.

• 2scoops, mrsDeeks, Petal and 1 other like this

#9 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:21 PM

http://www.businessi...ptance-speech-9

• Petal and Dex like this

#10 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:24 PM

http://www.alternet....moking-geniuses

• Petal and Dex like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.