39 replies to this topic

#21 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:55 AM

Had a read your diary mate and I like the use of the office furniture. Funny thing is I have the exact kit sitting not three feet from me - stop giving me ideas...

Lovely grow you have going on mate, all the best.

Viz

• duke, Forest, Roy Cropper and 1 other like this

#22 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:10 PM

id read in a few other places gingeb that she is a leggy bugger so perhaps yours was normal and mine and dukes not ,  i feel its enviro dependent  but i cant pin it down as i dont keep detailed records, or perhaps its not lol ,

ive read you can slow stretch down a lot if you need to with a powerful fan on the tips or by using the super crop method of stem rolling to soften them up before a fold/bend   , any one else know about this?

hi forest ime it is the combination of genetics and temps the more stable the temps in general you get less stretch from an indica dom plant the more sativa in the genetics the more they stretch also type of lighting used for the stretch phase as you know mh tends to keep internodes short whereas hps causes more stretch,in my little drobe i have next to zero stretch on most strains as its very stable 20-28 ish but in the bigger drobe with no lights of heating yet they stretch an awful lot more and will do so till i can afford another tube heater and timer,but classic example of how lights affect stretch is my bigger drobe and me being a bit dumb sometimes i went and put the wrong bulbs over the wrong plants as i had for ages the mh over the indica dom and hps over the more sat dom critical+ and you can see the result one leggy beast and one compact fatty!i have sine realising my mistake swapped the bulbs over a week ago now and the indica is now stretching a little and thankfully critical has calmed its mad stretch for my light,so imo genetics first,temps 2nd and light spectrum 3rd,i scrop every thing me and swear by it for stubborn ones that and me net,peace

• Roy Cropper, Slippery, Dutchy and 1 other like this

#23 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:00 PM

Had a read your diary mate and I like the use of the office furniture. Funny thing is I have the exact kit sitting not three feet from me - stop giving me ideas...

Lovely grow you have going on mate, all the best.

Viz

lol  it does work quite well ,

hi forest ime it is the combination of genetics and temps the more stable the temps in general you get less stretch from an indica dom plant the more sativa in the genetics the more they stretch also type of lighting used for the stretch phase as you know mh tends to keep internodes short whereas hps causes more stretch,in my little drobe i have next to zero stretch on most strains as its very stable 20-28 ish but in the bigger drobe with no lights of heating yet they stretch an awful lot more and will do so till i can afford another tube heater and timer,but classic example of how lights affect stretch is my bigger drobe and me being a bit dumb sometimes i went and put the wrong bulbs over the wrong plants as i had for ages the mh over the indica dom and hps over the more sat dom critical+ and you can see the result one leggy beast and one compact fatty!i have sine realising my mistake swapped the bulbs over a week ago now and the indica is now stretching a little and thankfully critical has calmed its mad stretch for my light,so imo genetics first,temps 2nd and light spectrum 3rd,i scrop every thing me and swear by it for stubborn ones that and me net,peace

much as i thought as well ,   im going to try the high power fan thing one day it sounds interesting , i can see how the rolling the stems would work,  plant stops going up to repair the damage,   might be a good way to keep a small  even canopy which is sth i need to do in these spaces

• duke, Roy Cropper and Dutchy like this

#24 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:44 PM

looking very nice still ,  theres a burnt leaf that was next to  the ceramic heater other than that its healthy as .... a healthy thing, :D

shes on gp3 nutes and gp massive   and loving them  the buds are forming up nicely now ive only got a few inches head room but i think it might still be ok :P

• Dekay, 2scoops, Zipp and 5 others like this

#25 Zipp

Zipp

Coco Automatic Mod'ness

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:54 PM

fur fecks  sake you burnt her lmao bad boy lol :lol:

she's looking lovely forest :wub:

im going to try and resist the nutes and do a healthy grow next  ... just like this :blush:  , :D :D

• duke, Forest, Roy Cropper and 2 others like this

#26 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:24 PM

Living proof where there's a will there's a way ! Love it @Forest m8 !
In the words of grandad
"Keep her lit"
  • duke, Zipp, Forest and 2 others like this

#27 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:57 PM

cheers @Roy Cropper    always nice to see your good self in here :D

• duke, Roy Cropper and Dutchy like this

#28 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:01 PM

the other cab has them vertical and you can get to with in 4inches  this cab has them horizontal and with a pc fan blowin gover them i can get to 5inches from them , 

leds can burn but if you use more and driver them softer then you can get closer , ive been thinking ov converting to led but ive not done so because of that very thing , i will try some cobs in here i just need to find some sth like 10/ 15w drivers should do it

• Dekay, 2scoops, Roy Cropper and 2 others like this

#29 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:49 PM

quick update this grow is painless she is lookin after her self  the green planet three part nutes are the biz   she is getting massive and  turpinator and ive just started with the finisher  ive got cal mag but she hasnt needed it yet  ph is 6.0 

she perky and all leaves are pointing up a sign of happiness  i think :D

these are a few days before the first  not much to see

• Dekay, 2scoops, duke and 6 others like this

#30 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:05 PM

looking great that lovely short internodes and will be a bloody good smoke i have another vegging for a while its a very strange shaped thing though but is growing slowly all one can ask under 87w of cfl,mon the og i say tina says hi and thanks for her keyring,peace

• Roy Cropper and Dutchy like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: og kush by dinafemcmh, coco, fabric pot, micro cab

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.