12 replies to this topic

#1 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:25 PM

Thanks to my recent miss fortune, i will have to start over from scratch. Im just buying up bits at a time cos i cant afford to buy everything that i want at once, unless i bend my flexible friend to death, and i dont really like doing credit when im not working.

So i am looking at ballasts, and i usually buy Lumii ones, at about 70 quid a pop ( i need 4 of them)

But im a tight old scrote, and noticed these Omega ones for a tenner less .

They both have a 5 year guarantee, but i dont know anyone who has tried an Omege, so have any of you lot got one, and are they reliable enough.

I have used thier lamps/ bulbs before and was well impressed with the 600 metal halides, but that dont neccesarily mean thier ballasts are any use does it?

So opinions please,  any one tried one?

cheers

• Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 4 others like this

#2 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:28 PM

No mate sorry, but my local hydro has them in and I was looking at them myself recently. They don't look bad. I've used Omega bulbs and they've been ok though.

p.s, your profile bling layout looks well cool :pimped:

• duke, Roy Cropper, Dex and 2 others like this

#3 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:43 PM

looked at them as well  ther eis 20 good reviews on one here and amazom https://www.amazon.c...&sortBy=helpful

guys like em on there  the dim feature is nice 

#4 Ken Erbis

Ken Erbis

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:57 PM

hi bwb,

I have an omega 600w dimable Ive been using for about 6 months. I use their brand bulb too. Its no different than the lumateks, works fine. I got mine off amazon.

#5 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:20 AM

Thats sound,

Looks like i'll be putting in an order then.

I love the dimmable function, its really handy in the summer months when the temps go skywards.

Had the Lumiis and Lumateks before, but will give these a try i reckon.

Wil probably have to start with just the one, or maybe 2 of them.

I can recommend thier omega MH bulbs too, i never seen such healthy plants in veg as i did under thier metal halide bulbs,

far far healthier looking than when i vegged under dual spectrum bulbs,

thanks for your help .

Its appreciated

• duke, Roy Cropper, Dex and 1 other like this

#6 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:52 AM

Hey buddy I just recently bought those omega plus, not sure on how good it is I'm using a mh bulb and it's pretty good I been going up to 600 and back Dow to 400 once or twice and it's good lol

Waiting on me new bulb to try the super lumens lol but at the moment both my bulbs hps and mh are old and nit named brand either.. Less heat and all that pretty good to new and buzzing because I'm saving 50p a day nearly on electric compare to my two yr old magnetic 400 :)

It's good mate but I'm no genius and five year guarantee just tickled me fancy more lol

Oh and I'm gonna try a grow on 250 in summer too :D
  • duke, Roy Cropper, Dutchy and 1 other like this

#7 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:33 AM

Just bought one big knob Bob, like Labs, collect today,they look good,  let you know if it blows up on me  :D good luck with the hunt for stuff fella

• duke, Roy Cropper, Dex and 1 other like this

#8 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:04 AM

im i right in thinking that you are meant to have each of the bulbs and change out when dimming ? when i read the bumf it says bulbs , it make sense that  you would get better results with the right bulbs for the wattage than a 600 that is being under run when dimmed?

• 2scoops, duke, Roy Cropper and 2 others like this

#9 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:25 AM

@Forest The sales blurb suggests that you can run on 1 light,

Omega Lighting 315w CDM Ceramic-Discharge Metal Halide grow light kit (3000k) delivers a light spectrum that's much closer to natural sunlight than typical high intensity discharge (HID) systems. These state-of-the art lamps generate a greater level of useable plant light (photosynthetically active radiation) and run with a blinding intensity that's immediately apparent to the naked eye. The lamp is optimised for the bloom phase with enhanced reds, but, because it's full-spectrum, it will produce the goods in both veg and flower - expect to see increased growth rates, tighter internodes, an improvement in overall vigour and an increase in final weight. Come harvest time, you'll be left wondering what you did without one. CDM fixtures utilise ceramic-discharge metal halide lamp to produce a light spectrum that's much broader than other forms of HID lighting (like standard metal halides and HPS). Its output is more comparable to the light produced by LEP (light emitting plasma) units. LEPs actually have a slightly broader spectrum than the CDM fixture, but they simply do not compare in terms of brightness. You can see with your own eyes, as soon as you turn this unit on, that it is brighter than any MH or HPS grow light you will have used before. This light provides the best or both worlds, a unit that delivers an LEP-style spectrum combined with HPS-style intensity. A truly exceptional all-rounder that will add much to the quality and size of your harvest. Summary of the 315W CDM Light kit Omega Lighting are never afraid to sample new technologies. We love good quality LED lighting because of their low power consumption, low heat output and they produce a very high quality end product. HPS are a tried & tested formula that is guaranteed to produce good sized fruit & flowers time and again. These new CDM light fixtures are a superb compromise as they produce plants of the very highest quality and of a size that any HPS grower would be proud of.

#10 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:37 AM

I'm using 600w bulb I know mh you should not try to super lumen it will blow up.

And I have 400 and 600 but using 600 incase I need to upp the power a bit it saves bulb change and incase I forget and upp to 600 while still only 400 bulb lol problemos mate

Its cheaper to get 600 rather a bulb for each setting to be fair. And they do say to buy their brand omega bulb to maximise performance :)

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.