6 replies to this topic

#1 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:58 PM

Yo peoples hope your well.So im sick of having an extension dangling out of my ceiling like some kind of unwanted attention seeking dead sloth,so im gunna sort a permanent independent circuit.
I was gunna run some twin core straight to my consumer unit but im in a rented house and if I ever have leccy inspection I dont want to have to explain what the unlabled breaker is for.So as it happens we recently had our water heater tookout upstairs and they very helpfully left me thisAttached File  IMG_20170131_133636.jpg   118.17KB   0 downloads
Anyway im fairly sure im ok to run some twin core inbetween the stud partitions into the loft to a couple of double sockets being ninja as fuck lol.But I just wanna query it on here to see what people think safety first an all that,id ask a sparky at work but I dont want to bring any attention on myself.
Cheers BC.
  • duke and Dutchy like this

#2 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:33 PM

It runs to a 13a pull out fuse just below it then downstairs to the kitchen to the consumer unit which has abeen 32a breaker.I thought id be ok as with it being usd to formally power the heater nothing else is spurred off it and its fairly heavy duty.it looks like 4mm but I can run 2.5 from a junction box hidden behind the wall init
  • Dutchy likes this

#3 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:48 PM

It's already on a 13A spur then, yeah I'd run 2.5mm straight off that spur then dude.
Swap that short length of 4mm out and straight up. Jobs a gudgeon. :)

Sound cheers pal,no need for a mini consumer unit in the loft is there?.Tbf the 32a breakers gunna be overkill my max power usage is about a kw and thats mainly my oil rad in winter lol
  • Dutchy likes this

#4 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

Im laughing then,250w light 450w heater couple of fans.I suppose its good to know I can safely go bigger if needs be.Taa @Marc
  • Dutchy likes this

#5 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:42 PM

@Marc great info fella, you got a smoke detector up there B.C?

• Bubonik Chronic likes this

#6 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:19 PM

@Marc great info fella, you got a smoke detector up there B.C?

Iv got a battery one but im thinking about getting one of them heat sensitive
extinguishers pal.
  • Dutchy likes this

#7 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:49 PM

Iv got a battery one but im thinking about getting one of them heat sensitive
extinguishers pal.

B.C I would have one in a loft without doubt, and i know my stuff about fire, Thirty quid ish is sound peace of mind  :)

• Bubonik Chronic likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.