#1 Max

Max

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:46 PM

Hi everyone,
As a title says i need some help choosing my new lighting :)
Been doing a lot of reading about those mars2 leds and they are priced really well but still theyr very cheap compare to brands like osram etc. And reviews online are like going 0-10 lol.
So could anyone here help me with my prob or has anyone had any experience with them?

Ty in advance :)
  • 2scoops, duke, Zipp and 1 other like this

#2 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:44 PM

max look for light rigs using  using  cobs   there is a few about  now  far better than multi diode panels the cree cxb 3590 are top of the range cobs now 

if you need more help pm me

• 2scoops, duke, Zipp and 2 others like this

#3 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:29 PM

@(-_-)Max  I would not encourage anyone to purchase the Mars range at this juncture. Forest is spot on with his recommendation. I have quite a number of friends who grow with the Mars product range, and yes you will get a grow out of them. Well the same could be said with CFL lamps that are bought from Homebase I guess.

The key here is your budget and what you expect from the lamps you use.

• Budgie, 2scoops, gingerb and 3 others like this

#4 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:52 PM

some convert the mars to cobs,   there is guide on you tube viz  if any of you pals want to know how  ,

if i was to buy a new light parts  now i would want: cree cxb3590 cobs in 3500k (BD bining)   run at 1400mA (50w each) and  with dimmable meanwell driver  so i could dim them down to sth like 20 or 30w each,

you will be shocked how bright these things are  ,

i think a custom light rig is the best way to go because all the  ready made ones are to small with the cobs or leds  to close together to make them look  cool and  easy to manage but poor foot prints, but the truth is you want the cobs spread evenly over your grow space to get the same bud no mater where the plant is in the groom,  its why they are better imo than hps and many are getting a gram per watt and over that , it quite hard to do that with hps

these cobs would flower very well and  do veg as well  ,

have a google  at other cree cob grows , rolitup has  quite few led/ cob growers so plenty of stuff to read  same as icmag

these cobs  have  alot of potential imo,  the electric bill will thankyou,  less heat to deal with  and you need only half the watts of hps to get more light  down

i love em can you tell? :P

• Slippery, gingerb, Dex and 4 others like this

#5 gingerb

gingerb

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:32 PM

Max talk to @A1 Sativa he is using the MARS LED's in his scrog grows and does amazing with them.
They are the most affordable LED's that work well, I'm using the more pricey Advanced XTE LED which is a good

light but pricey for what it is.

Edited by gingerb, 31 January 2017 - 11:33 PM.

• 2scoops, Slippery, Viz and 1 other like this

#6 symbol 22

symbol 22

Sir ledalot

• Respected User
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:53 AM

Hi everyone,
As a title says i need some help choosing my new lighting :)
Been doing a lot of reading about those mars2 leds and they are priced really well but still theyr very cheap compare to brands like osram etc. And reviews online are like going 0-10 lol.
So could anyone here help me with my prob or has anyone had any experience with them?

Ty in advance :)

Hi max think it all depends on your budget tbh

I've used green Mars, eshine diamond series,e shine grow sun, prakasa, plant photonics (or pp) as @Forest like to call them lol. All have given decent results some better than others. Some diodes last some don't, some run silent, some run with better Electricity consumption, there a quite a few variables mate. My advice before deciding ask yourself, do I want to buy a light to keep? Do I need it to run silent? Do I need it to run hot or cool? Does it need to run economic?. These are just a few questions, when you have the answer to these questions, then ask about help and advice on what led to buy. Good luck max mate

Edited by symbol 22, 01 February 2017 - 04:55 AM.

• 2scoops, Forest, Slippery and 1 other like this

#7 Max

Max

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:19 AM

Ty everyone for your input here, i appreciate that :) i deffo taking a deeper look and read into it once im back home and iv a bit of time. Its gonna be a mental busy day in work :(
  • symbol 22 likes this

#8 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:46 AM

These look tidy Max from their new range, they`re using Osram diodes now in them as well, made in China but i would say they cheaper from their than anywhere else and if specs are good why not, one of the LED nerds should be able to tell you more on specs though im clueless. Or these with Pioneer diodes which are cree cobs alongside 5 watt epistar diodes, so a mix, i grow with one of their early models, but it still works a treat, but i`m laying my hands on a pioneer 410 this weekend. I`m not sure on pricing cus they were freebies and i`m not in touch with him anymore, also my first venture into LED so nowt to compare things against really, but i just thought it an option as i`m pretty sure they will kick ass over a mars LED, well they do cus i was chatting with a guy whos used both the otherday and he said just that. :)

• Max and symbol 22 like this

#9 symbol 22

symbol 22

Sir ledalot

• Respected User
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:12 AM

These look tidy Max from their new range, they`re using Osram diodes now in them as well, made in China but i would say they cheaper from their than anywhere else and if specs are good why not, one of the LED nerds should be able to tell you more on specs though im clueless. Or these with Pioneer diodes which are cree cobs alongside 5 watt epistar diodes, so a mix, i grow with one of their early models, but it still works a treat, but i`m laying my hands on a pioneer 410 this weekend. I`m not sure on pricing cus they were freebies and i`m not in touch with him anymore, also my first venture into LED so nowt to compare things against really, but i just thought it an option as i`m pretty sure they will kick ass over a mars LED, well they do cus i was chatting with a guy whos used both the otherday and he said just that. :)

Big thing IMO is the ACTUAL footprint that the light leaves to many retailers are completely way of point when it comes to that information, you buy 1 light thinking yeah I can fit this many plants under and reality you need more units.
  • 2scoops and Max like this

#10 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:33 AM

Big thing IMO is the ACTUAL footprint that the light leaves to many retailers are completely way of point when it comes to that information, you buy 1 light thinking yeah I can fit this many plants under and reality you need more units.

Deffo yes a few smaller 250led over the 500+ watter led i have is a winner allday long, summink i sussed pretty early on was the actual footprint on the light it pushes out, which is a more direct light that summink like a hps.

led2

• Max and symbol 22 like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.