136 replies to this topic

#1 gingerb

gingerb

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:09 PM

Right this grow is more about Cheestral by Underground Seed Collective, these are reg seeds I'm starting with x5 and see how lucky i get with fems.
All have germed and are now in root riot cubes, alongside x1 DNA Lemon Skunk Fem (This was from a pack I won from BOTM last year) Will be first time

growing lemon skunk so more of a test grow for me on this strain. Both Cheestral & Lemon Skunk are meant to go roughly 8 weeks in flower,
I've not figured out yet but depending on how many fem Cheestral I get I may end up doing a scrog.

I've also got x2 mystery seeds I germed about 3 weeks ago, I've got no idea what they are. I have one stronger one and one weaker one, not sure

if they will make it to my flower tent at the moment. Gonna wait till I can sex them and see what sort of state they are in then.

Touchwood this will be a bug free grow, after my kush grow nitemare.

Some blurb on cheestral:

The mother of this cross is the famous UK Cheese, a selection of Skunk#1 genetics done by British Exodus Collective around 1989. Its success had been immediate and international thanks to its powerful, complex aroma and its first class euphoric effect, that quickly won the hearts of the entire cannabis community.

Cheestral's father is a male plant of the Pakistan Chitral Kush strain , a resistant and compact Indica line with red-purple colors, given to USC by CBG, after being brought from Pakistani mountains and bred during several generations.

Cheestral presents a compact but vigorous growth, and doesn't need more than 7-8 weeks of flowering to get ripe - tanks to PCK's influence - which also gives these fall colors to a proportion of plants, specially at the end of flowering.

Cheestral offers a high quality harvest, its dense and resinous buds spread a strong fruity flavour, combining Cheese's intoxicating perfume with the red berries taste inherited from the Pakistani line.

Some blurb on lemon skunk:
This strain is a cross between two Skunks, the chosen phenotype selected for its lemon characteristics. The Lemon mother has been kept for over 20 years in Las Vegas and the father was chosen here in Holland. The male was donated by Eddie, formally the owner of one of the oldest and most prestigious seed banks in the Netherlands. This original prize male was selected and used in many breeding projects throughout the years. The Lemon Skunk will grow small with great smelling light green with thick orange hairs. She has a high calyx to leaf ratio. This strain is the tastiest and sweetest if she is cut down between 50 and 56 days. We would like to thank the Lemon Man and Eddie for making this possible! Top 10 Strains of the Year 2009 Hightimes 1st Indoor Hydro Spannabis 2008 1st Outdoor Highlife Cup 2007 2nd IC420 Breederscup 2008

I'll post a pic of the mystery plants in abit and post some updates in a few weeks on the rest.

Edited by gingerb, 31 January 2017 - 11:14 PM.

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 10 others like this

#2 gingerb

gingerb

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:24 PM

The mystery plants below, these came from some very old seeds I was given proper mixed bag of maybe x400 seeds.
I tried germing about x5 seeds and got nothing, so picked another x30 and got these two you see below.
One on right is the stronger one. There is a possbility these may have some sort of jamaican connection to them, but

if I am being honest these could be anything and both be totally different strains.

Edited by gingerb, 31 January 2017 - 11:24 PM.

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 11 others like this

#3 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:36 PM

Good luck ginge, dont know the other strain but reliably informed the lemon skunk a good one, thought it was a longer flower than that though but I havent done that one of DNA's. The cheesey one sounds interesting I much much prefer uk cheese crossed with other things, the LA cheese was so nice by DNA. The unknowns look healthy enough fella hope they something good :)

• duke, Forest, Roy Cropper and 4 others like this

#4 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:25 AM

Bit of reggae in the grow then Ginge , have a good one mate :)

• duke, Forest, Roy Cropper and 3 others like this

#5 gingerb

gingerb

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:53 AM

Bit of reggae in the grow then Ginge , have a good one mate :)

Could well be Dutchy, never done a mystery grow before so thought I would try my luck.

• duke, Roy Cropper, Dutchy and 1 other like this

#6 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:44 PM

love a good mystery gingeb , others sound nice to  , 

• duke, gingerb, Dutchy and 1 other like this

#7 symbol 22

symbol 22

Sir ledalot

• Respected User
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:08 AM

@gingerb ding ding round two luck bro
  • duke and gingerb like this

#8 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,585 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:57 AM

Good luck with this Ginger puabs. Straight back in mate i like your style, its the only way to roll mukka . :)

• duke, Roy Cropper and gingerb like this

#9 gingerb

gingerb

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:49 PM

Good luck with this Ginger puabs. Straight back in mate i like your style, its the only way to roll mukka . :)

Cheers jimmi, feels odd if am not growing.

• Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 2 others like this

#10 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:18 AM

same as that ginge i hate knowing my space is empty i feel sth is missing :P

• gingerb likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.