Photo
- - - - -

The Brexit Bill - Would we pass it?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Poll: The Brexit Bill

Would you vote to approve this Bill?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:07 PM

A BILL TO

Confer power on the Prime Minister to notify, under Article 50(2) of the Treaty on European Union, the United Kingdom’s intention to withdraw from the EU.

Be it enacted by the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—
  • Power to notify withdrawal from the EU
    (1) The Prime Minister may notify, under Article 50(2) of the Treaty on European Union, the United Kingdom’s intention to withdraw from the EU.

(2) This section has effect despite any provision made by or under the European Communities Act 1972 or any other enactment.

• Short title
    This Act may be cited as the European Union (Notification of Withdrawal) Act 2017.

• Budgie, Dekay, hazed bunny and 3 others like this

#2 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:33 PM

Parliament said...

Yes - 498
No - 114
  • Budgie, hazed bunny, duke and 4 others like this

#3 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:16 AM

Out Out out, I certainly don't want Tony Blair's mates (unelected Lords) telling us what we can and can't do, how is that democratic?

(although democracy is now voting, then crying at the result and asking for another vote!)

• Budgie, Dekay, smokin soul and 3 others like this

#4 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:24 AM

"the question is 'do you trust the people' "

How the kin'ell dare they. We didn't initiate the process that was Hameron and his Cronies who really wanted out.....but lets blame the sheeple for when we fuck up the trade negotiatons and the countries near future :(

I thought it was their claimed raison d'etre to represent the will of their constituents......as if
  • Dekay, marque08 and Slippery like this

#5 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:43 AM

Out Out out, I certainly don't want Tony Blair's mates (unelected Lords) telling us what we can and can't do, how is that democratic?

(although democracy is now voting, then crying at the result and asking for another vote!)

Are the people who are going to be telling you what to do, after brexit any better?? Because without Europe they won't have half the constraints they had before!
  • Budgie, Slippery, Funky and 1 other like this

#6 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:52 PM

Are the people who are going to be telling you what to do, after brexit any better?? Because without Europe they won't have half the constraints they had before!

Good point @marque08, but I think not having all the constraints is a bonus point, these are the people who banned bent vegetables!

Th EU is a big con, every country that pays in is in "austerity", how come we pay so much in but can't afford to give disabled people any help, have more homeless than ever before, and more food banks!

Britan was once the workshop of Europe, it's sick that we had to compete for the contract to build british trains and rolling stock when we have a perfectly adequate infrastructure to build them, instead, Germany got the contracts and British workers lost their jobs.

If those are the constraints we benefit from, I think we would be better off without it. ;)

• Dekay, hazed bunny and marque08 like this

#7 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:22 PM

In my possibly slightly biased opinion I think this is a continuation of the tories master plan to keep the poor down.
Cameron Attached File  download.jpg   7.95KB   0 downloads
Instigated the brexit referendum because contray to what he said he knew what the result would be.Im no fan of eu regulations for the most part but the fact that teresa the walking corpse may was pushing for the repeal of the human rights act says it all.Im a yorkshire lad and I remember what went off in the mining villages in the 80's
(my dad was a miner) and the tories destroyed entire communitys with there elitest policys.I get im ranting a bit but the older I get the more politically angry I become.id say ad vote for labour but that wet cunt corbin has got to be a long term torie mole because hes actively ensuring a torie gov for the nxt decade.meh
  • Budgie, Dekay, marque08 and 2 others like this

#8 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:00 PM

Good point @marque08, but I think not having all the constraints is a bonus point, these are the people who banned bent vegetables!

😂😂😂 and the same people "enforced" the minimum wage on the uk, when the government of the time was fighting tooth and nail against it!!
Apart from that banana story from the sun😳, which eu laws would you say have effected you greatly?
  • Dekay, olmec, Slippery and 1 other like this

#9 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:05 PM

Good point @marque08,

Th EU is a big con, every country that pays in is in "austerity", how come we pay so much in but can't afford to give disabled people any help, have more homeless than ever before, and more food banks!

I'm sorry I can't work out haw to multi qoute on a mobile.
If any savings are made from leaving the eu do you really think it's the likes of you or I that are going to see the benefits? Or the so called elite classes?
  • Dekay, Slippery, Funky and 2 others like this

#10 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:08 PM

Good point @marque08,

Britan was once the workshop of Europe, it's sick that we had to compete for the contract to build british trains and rolling stock when we have a perfectly adequate infrastructure to build them, instead, Germany got the contracts and British workers lost jobs

I wonder if they say the same thing over there about something like a mini being made in the U.K.?
  • Dekay likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.