Photo
- - - - -

The Brexit Bill - Would we pass it?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Poll: The Brexit Bill

Would you vote to approve this Bill?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#11 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:18 PM

Also @Slippery (and I'm not getting at you personally mate), but, what of the recent "snoopers" charter, that the eu, thankfully overruled??
If ts a money thing? I honestly believe we would be much better off looking how our taxes are spent! I would like to see a Comparison with what we pay to the eu and what stupid projects our taxes are wasted on!!
  • Slippery, Funky and spoon like this

#12 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:19 PM

Sorry for the ranting, but it's all weighing heavily on my mind atm.
  • Dekay, Funky and spoon like this

#13 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:31 AM

Everything is a con they still think they can make our decisions for us and for some they can but they keep getting things shoved back in their faces at mo, as for the question yes, as it stands it was voted for in a majority, and as there were only two choices its not a not majority that won, there is no questions on that unless we think we are better than the people that bothered to vote, and if you voted but didnt know the facts then you are foolish.

#14 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:51 AM

I'm sorry I can't work out haw to multi qoute on a mobile.
If any savings are made from leaving the eu do you really think it's the likes of you or I that are going to see the benefits? Or the so called elite classes?

Marque, I'm the biggest cynic regarding the power that be, as far as I'm concerned they take as much as they can without caring who suffers. They are desperately trying to destroy the middle classes so there can be just two classes, super rich and slaves.

No, I don't think we will be better off, but I think making one rule in Brussels for a Greek, a Brit and a Romanian is centralisation of power, and that is Totalitarianism.

Also @Slippery (and I'm not getting at you personally mate), but, what of the recent "snoopers" charter, that the eu, thankfully overruled??
If ts a money thing? I honestly believe we would be much better off looking how our taxes are spent! I would like to see a Comparison with what we pay to the eu and what stupid projects our taxes are wasted on!!

I think you have read different reports than I have. As Obama left the White House, he signed a paper to allow agencies to collect data from everyone en masse, instead of only collecting data on suspects. (although that was abused too, watch the film Snowden for explanation.

If the EU story is getting you down, stop paying attention, it doesn't really matter, just be happy, you have very little chance of changing anything anyway! :)

#15 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:01 AM

Marque, I'm the biggest cynic regarding the power that be, as far as I'm concerned they take as much as they can without caring who suffers. They are desperately trying to destroy the middle classes so there can be just two classes, super rich and slaves.

No, I don't think we will be better off, but I think making one rule in Brussels for a Greek, a Brit and a Romanian is centralisation of power, and that is Totalitarianism.

I think you have read different reports than I have. As Obama left the White House, he signed a paper to allow agencies to collect data from everyone en masse, instead of only collecting data on suspects. (although that was abused too, watch the film Snowden for explanation.

It's not
??
If the EU story is getting you down, stop paying attention, it doesn't really matter, just be happy, you have very little chance of changing:)

It's not the eu that gets me down, it's leaving it!! What's Obama got to do with it??? If your only worry is that you get fucked over only by people who speak the same language, then you will be alright๐Ÿ˜Š
I would love to hear your thoughts on minimum wage

#16 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:21 PM

The minimum wage doesn't bother me to be honest,I seem to remember there was a minimum wage before we joined the EU?
I must refer you back to my first post,there was a choice for everyone, the majority voted to leave,that is democracy,come to peace with it!๐Ÿ˜

#17 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:46 PM

The minimum wage doesn't bother me to be honest,I seem to remember there was a minimum wage before we joined the EU?
I must refer you back to my first post,there was a choice for everyone, the majority voted to leave,that is democracy,come to peace with it!๐Ÿ˜

Minimum wage before we joined the Eu ??? Not heard that one before.

I am at peace with it my good chap, I'm a pragmatist. We lost, I mourn.
When you were little were you one of those annoying little shits that on the rare occasion you won something gloated like a good un๐Ÿ˜‰? The op asks would I have passed the bill yes or no which I though we were discussing like adults, not we won na na nanana na๐Ÿ˜‚
Never mind.

#18 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:52 PM

@Slippery, I've just double checked minimum wage began for the first time ever in 1999!!!!!
Have a read of this article https://www.theguard...y-uk-workplaces
It lists a few other minor things they have done for us๐Ÿ˜‚
I don't think you mentioned which policy's you were particularly offended by?

#19 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:06 PM

It's not the eu that gets me down, it's leaving it!! What's Obama got to do with it??? If your only worry is that you get fucked over only by people who speak the same language, then you will be alright๐Ÿ˜Š
I would love to hear your thoughts on minimum wage

I am a huge minimum wage hater. Befor minimum wage employers had to offer a decent wage or staff would just walk, now even multi million pound huge profit company's pay the absolute minimum there legally allowed to get away with!
  • Dekay, marque08 and Slippery like this

#20 marque08

marque08

pretty mashed

• Respected User
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

I am a huge minimum wage hater. Befor minimum wage employers had to offer a decent wage or staff would just walk, now even multi million pound huge profit company's pay the absolute minimum there legally allowed to get away with!

I suppose that may be true for certain sectors, you can still walk though if you can command a better wage else where. From personal experience, not me, but people that worked under me, when it was bought in some saw their wage double, overnight.
I can't see that it's bought wages down personally, but Every days a school day.
  • Funky likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.