4 replies to this topic

#1 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:01 PM

It occured to me that water curing might make for cleaner oil when using alcohol-based extraction methods because it leaches out many (most? all?) of the water-soluble compounds.

I know that freezing the plant material and alcohol helps in this respect, but actually removing the unwanted components beforehand could well be more effective as well as less time-critical.

Might be worth a go.

I probably will, one day, but I rarely make oil so it won't be for ages.
  • Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 7 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:15 PM

hi missy yes i did try this method for tina when using the trim from cashcroppers and there unflushed and still full of nutrients and yes it really does make for a very clean oil and doesnt dye the user green which is good,and less painful for me as she was not happy when i did it the first time of using trim for meds,the water cure then winterisation method makes near perfect oil for skin,nice post peace

• Budgie, 2scoops, Solo Quin and 4 others like this

#3 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:03 PM

I was reading up on this somewhere earlier, seems long as when changing the water its all gentle so not to bash the trichs about, its good to go, its recommended to be dried reasonably quickly after apparently so to prevent mould etc, think its was a week under water to cure.

• Dekay, duke, Solo Quin and 3 others like this

#4 Solo Quin

Solo Quin

Organically High

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:23 AM

Thanks interesting I might give this a shot outdoor plants insects dirt bird sh1t and who knows what else, I've just had a good read and there are many benefits to using this method it speeds up the curing process to just over a week.

I was going to recommend using pure water source tap water has many impurities that could do more harm than good made some kief few weeks back with bottled spring water very clean tasting compared to tap seemed more potent chlorine could damage the trichomes.

• duke, THC F13ND, Dex and 1 other like this

#5 THC F13ND

THC F13ND

Landrace enthusiast

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:37 AM

I've done a water cure a few times on plants that didn't have time for a flush, hermies and the like, it definitely works well, very smooth smoke. The only downside I can see (apart from losing trichs if you're not careful) is losing a bit of the smell. The taste is still cracking but the bud doesn't have quite so strong a smell after a water cure.

Could be a good thing or a bad thing depending how you look at it ;)

ATB
  • duke, Solo Quin, Dutchy and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.