• Budgie, mrsDeeks, WalterEgo420 and 1 other like this

#12 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:53 PM

£28 on ebay for the Blitz auto fire extinguisher, dry powder and £87 for the clean extinguisher. 

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#13 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:24 PM

£28 on ebay for the Blitz auto fire extinguisher, dry powder and £87 for the clean extinguisher. 

i got 2 co2 auto ones from china for £65 not had need of there deployment yet to find out if they really work but them and a good smoke alarm and a proper fire extinguisher and you have a chance of saving the day,if you wake up of course! i also lined the first drobe with fire retardant insulation as well just incase as they are wooden drobes,peace

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 2 others like this

#14 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:26 PM

Insulation of  a grow space is a great idea

CO2 works by excluding oxygen and has some small cooling effect. ideal for small spaces, not good for rooms with decent extraction  :)

Edited by Dutchy, 08 February 2017 - 11:27 PM.

• Budgie, 2scoops and WalterEgo420 like this

#15 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:29 PM

Ive seen a fair amount of dangerous stuff since i started this hobby of mine.

Ive personally had 2 light fittings, the E 40 ones that your HPS goes into, seen them crack and fail

Electrical is the big one tho, and i'll bet that we are all guilty of the following at some point.-

Electrical extensions, with lights, fans, pumps etc etc all stuck into a single extension lead - yes?

Have any of you actually checked the load said extension lead can take safely, because they vary quite a bit?

Also light ballasts on the floor - Jimmy, come on man, you know thats an accident waiting to happen, and ballasts aiint cheap to replace either. STill cheaper than replacing your house.

Also seen fans wired up badly. You need to make sure that when you strip the outer from the wire, before you insert it into the scothblock, that you dont cut through half the copper strands - It will effect the wires resistance capacity.

Also oscillating fans, im sure youve had the cheapos before which burn out thier motors. over time. Ive yet to find a decent fan that lasts more than a year, they are cheaply made death traps -potentially.

Lots opf other stuff, especially for the hydro boys and girls, water and electrics are a sure fire way of killing yourself. A mate used to leave his airpump balanced on top of the res lid, which could best be described as shoogily.

There is lots of cheap chines made crap out there which will also kill you if given a chance, so check out all your gear and buy one of those auto powder extinguishers today.

Go on - do ittoday.

No price on peace of mind is there?

Gawd im reading this post back , and im turning into my old boy ..............aaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!

Edited by bigwilliebobby, 09 February 2017 - 01:32 PM.

• Budgie, 2scoops, smokin soul and 5 others like this

#16 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:25 PM

Ive personally had 2 light fittings, the E 40 ones that your HPS goes into, seen them crack and fail
Electrical is the big one tho, and i'll bet that we are all guilty of the following at some point.-
Electrical extensions, with lights, fans, pumps etc etc all stuck into a single extension lead - yes?
Have any of you actually checked the load said extension lead can take safely, because they vary quite a bit?
Also light ballasts on the floor - Jimmy, come on man, you know thats an accident waiting to happen, and ballasts aiint cheap to replace either. STill cheaper than replacing your house.
Also seen fans wired up badly. You need to make sure that when you strip the outer from the wire, before you insert it into the scothblock, that you dont cut through half the copper strands - It will effect the wires resistance capacity.
Also oscillating fans, im sure youve had the cheapos before which burn out thier motors. over time. Ive yet to find a decent fan that lasts more than a year, they are cheaply made death traps -potentially.
Lots opf other stuff, especially for the hydro boys and girls, water and electrics are a sure fire way of killing yourself. A mate used to leave his airpump balanced on top of the res lid, which could best be described as shoogily.
There is lots of cheap chines made crap out there which will also kill you if given a chance, so check out all your gear and buy one of those auto powder extinguishers today.
Go on - do ittoday.

Gawd im reading this post back , and im turning into my old boy ..............aaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!

Disappointed in the amount of used g's
  • 2scoops and bigbadbillybob like this

#17 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:18 PM

Go on - do ittoday.

thing is mate, every word it true! Especially the last sentence oor wullie :P

At the very least run two extensions one for the light/contactor and one for the extras, and don't coil it all up. I've started using like a steel mini shelf/scrogg-wire and have that mounted about 18" from the top of the tent well out of the way. And when I get the time, I 'm gonna make a metal cover for that, in case of condensation drips!

• gingerb and bigbadbillybob like this

#18 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:37 PM

Oh it`s bad @bigwilliebobby all rest is sorted tbh its just ballast on floor. All stuff for electrics i get heavy duty, but yes sloppy mate, i`ll sort it out next grow i think. :)

• Budgie, Dutchy and bigbadbillybob like this

#19 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:39 AM

Another one 

Attached Files

• Attached File  f1.jpg   67.19KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  f2.jpg   84.39KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  f3.jpg   87.12KB   0 downloads

• Budgie, 2scoops and Zipp like this

#20 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:46 AM

You making me really para you lot.

• Trump, Austin, Dutchy and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.