#11 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:16 PM

my fotos used to look shite , because i took them on my  iphone. 4s

They got much better when i got a digital camera, just a cheap one- compared to some, its second hand and was a few years old, but the difference is night and day better.

The iphone pics look like they had been taken from a passing car, at speed ha ha.

I also got better phontos when i took them lights off, with the flash on, fair brought out the trichomes.

Anyway, good luck to all who enter this month, the prizes is to die for this month IMO. grade A weed from the originators of NL - Sensi -you lucky lucky people you!

• Budgie, Dekay, duke and 3 others like this

#12 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:58 PM

Tips on bud pics with phones and cheapo cameras :)

make sure its in the center then it is more likely to be in focus

if you cant hold still enough rest camera/phone on something or use a tripod, phone holder thingy and use the timer function

Use multiple shot function or take lots of pics of same thing

if its low light use a lamp behind or at side of you to illuminate the bud

Always use a flash, UK indoors you need it

Take pics from different distances

and learn to use a photo editing program, adjusting levels is an awesome adjustment tool :)

Or buy a good camera, I going to buy one soon and get some real nice pics just need to save up lots :(

• Budgie, duke, dal and 3 others like this

#13 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:26 AM

and learn to use a photo editing program, adjusting levels is an awesome adjustment tool  :)

But will get you dismissed from the comp if found out?

• duke, dal, mrsDeeks and 3 others like this

#14 Dekay

Dekay

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:32 AM

But will get you dismissed from the comp if found out?

You can change or mess with colours and stuff, brightness what have you, levels doesnt make any changes to the bud, you cannot add extra bits on by stretching it, I remember some of them years ago that got accepted on other place but you can most certainly can use a photo editing program for resizing, brightness, contrast, in fact people even just cropping a pic will bring it forward and make it look larger :P

• duke, dal, mrsDeeks and 3 others like this

#15 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:47 PM

Nah man Deeks, you got to keep it real mate. All that fuckin about with images will just bring it into " best photoshopped bud of the month compo".

Its not in the spirit of things, and leaves us techno numpties at a disadvantage .

That photo editing software could make soome scraggly old bud look like the seed manufacturers cannabis cup wining bud.

Nah,

Mon the Luddites

• Budgie, Dekay, duke and 3 others like this

#16 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:57 PM

@bigwilliebobby yep, i'm with you Bob :weed:

• Budgie, duke and dal like this

#17 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:47 PM

Nah man Deeks, you got to keep it real mate. All that fuckin about with images will just bring it into " best photoshopped bud of the month compo".

Its not in the spirit of things, and leaves us techno numpties at a disadvantage .

That photo editing software could make soome scraggly old bud look like the seed manufacturers cannabis cup wining bud.

Nah,

Mon the Luddites

i agree but then im a numpty and only just learned resizing and labeling pics other than that my pics are as is warts and all!my bro has a posh camera and a gazillion different settings that would confuse a poor old befuddled hippy and my ancient olympus is primitive but easy to use speaking of which im of to do tonights pics before me lights on,peace

• Budgie, dal, mrsDeeks and 1 other like this

#18 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:33 PM

what!!  :o   you can enhance them? :o   feck me if only id of known that!  ;)  

ha ha  i would  still not got a good pic cos i cant do none of that photoshop nonsense,   deeks you tech-ed the comp up a notch !  i always thought that was considered cheating .... didnt it used to say that in the rules? or am i not recalling that rightly ?

fair play if you have the skillz i spose, :rolleyes:

• Budgie, duke, dal and 1 other like this

#19 Missginger

Missginger

Aka Fleur

• Respected User
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:47 PM

I think you should be able to crop a picture, but I don't think you should be able to edit it i.e mess with the brightness or anything as then it's not the same picture you took. Even sharpening a picture can make it look totally different, there for the edited picture is at an advantage to all the others. Keep it simple, then there's no scwobbling, no accusations and we all know that we're all playing fair ;).
  • Budgie, duke, dal and 2 others like this

#20 Dekay

Dekay

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:30 PM

You cant change the bud lool but you can crop and that and that wont change the appearance of the bud, I did not mean you could enter a rainbow bud and if you up brightness on a pic of a bad bud it will not make it look like a better bud the picture would be more discernible and show how bad it was :P

• Budgie, duke, dal and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Farty bits, TGC, buds, tits, cannabis

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.