6 replies to this topic

#1 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:59 AM

Is it a naturally occurring problem called elnino?!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-38993063 interesting read :D
  • 2scoops, duke and Slippery like this

#2 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:35 AM

Surface level temps seem to have climbed at really rapid speeds the last 70 or 80 years compared to previous comparisons with temps over last 500years, maybe that`s worldwide mass industrialisation causing pollution that`s caused it to happen at an accelerated speed than it would have if happening naturally ? Population boom may well have summink to do with it as well or probably both, but yes i`ll say although  global warming may or may not be caused by us it`s deffo been accelerated cus of humanity is my thinkiing on it.

• duke and Dex like this

#3 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:43 AM

http://www.dailymail...says-study.html
This says different ear has allway had a windy and warm and cold spell..

Uk was a jungle or forest way bck when in our history which baffles me. We have a big freeze and big heat and fire then and very wet and windy..

When i was 11 all the way to 18 or so we had pretty warm springs and summer we hardly get anything noe up north aoartfrom one month of summer as opposed to two months or more of summer at school days (2000-2006ish) unless i was really stoned then lol
  • duke likes this

#4 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:35 AM

https://notalotofpeo...erature-trends/

Here is anither chart showing the same basically if you look at charts lower down you'll see in the 1970 or 1940 was hotter than today on figure 4
  • duke likes this

#5 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:08 PM

imo its @The Dude Abides fault all that farting see,thats why hes hiding away atm on the run from greenpeace!!!!!!but in all seriousness we really have screwed the planet over and nature is angry and starting some long overdue pay back for our destructive species,chopped down the trees first mistake as trees are the lungs of the earth all down hill from there and about time something wiped most of us away before we do it ourselves and give something ne a chance,peace

• Budgie, Slippery and Dex like this

#6 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:50 PM

From wiki

Within the ice ages (or at least within the current one), more temperate and more severe periods occur. The colder periods are called glacial periods, the warmer periods interglacials, such as the Eemian Stage.

Glacials are characterized by cooler and drier climates over most of the earth and large land and sea ice masses extending outward from the poles. Mountain glaciers in otherwise unglaciated areas extend to lower elevations due to a lower snow line. Sea levels drop due to the removal of large volumes of water above sea level in the icecaps. There is evidence that ocean circulation patterns are disrupted by glaciations. Since the earth has significant continental glaciation in the Arctic and Antarctic, we are currently in a glacial minimum of a glaciation. Such a period between glacial maxima is known as an interglacial. The glacials and interglacials also coincided with changes in Earth's orbit called Milankovitch cycles.

The earth has been in an interglacial period known as the Holocene for more than 11,000 years. It was conventional wisdom that the typical interglacial period lasts about 12,000 years, but this has been called into question recently. For example, an article in Nature[36] argues that the current interglacial might be most analogous to a previous interglacial that lasted 28,000 years. Predicted changes in orbital forcing suggest that the next glacial period would begin at least 50,000 years from now, even in absence of human-made global warming[37] (see Milankovitch cycles). Moreover, anthropogenic forcing from increased greenhouse gases might outweigh orbital forcing for as long as intensive use of fossil fuels continues.[38]
  • duke and Dex like this

#7 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:03 PM

we will prob get a ice age before long and that will reset  the world/nature or part of it, as it has done roughly every 10000 years in the past,  we have been hotter and colder than this , a ice age is over due  i saw on tv a while ago, (must be true :P )  and it showed how roughly there has been one every 10k in the past  we are at sth like 11k at the mo i think it was,

so if your a prepper get prepping :ph34r:

we have done damage as a race but we have done that much?, fuck if i can tell or not ,  the ice caps are melting quite a lot more than they were  and lot of ice has gone about a third i think i saw over the last however many years , 

i live in forest already so i just need some tropical heat to make it really nice :D  and bring i n some big fish species's  for my personal titillation :D

• duke and Dex like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.