4 replies to this topic

#1 Lizardking

Lizardking

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:48 PM

Afternoon circlers,anybody done Dutch passion auto ultimate? Been looking for some new seeds for the next grow,just wondered if anyone has tried it,and whether it lives up to the breeders hype??
  • Budgie, Forest, gingerb and 2 others like this

#2 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:38 PM

Ive done it and i will will pm you my thoughts, dont want to upset anyone

• Budgie, Lizardking, gingerb and 1 other like this

#3 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:46 PM

Ive done it and i will will pm you my thoughts, dont want to upset anyone

don't be scared to be honest. It's horses for courses and everyone has different expectations and results.

If you think they are crap say so mate, if DP ignore negative input on their strains then more fool them surely?

• Lizardking, gingerb, Dutchy and 1 other like this

#4 Lizardking

Lizardking

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:50 PM

I think I'll give the ultimate a miss 😂👍🏻
  • gingerb and bigbadbillybob like this

#5 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:55 PM

Fair enough then, .

I  didnt want to drive Dutch passion away from the site, because they have provided a number of seeds for grow outs in the past and im sure they do some real nice strains.

I also note Dutch passion tony is frequently on the forum, which is also great. It shows that they have an affinity with real world growers, and a pride in thier strains.

heres my opinion .

I grew out 4 of these and had issues with feeds and leaf canoeing.(temps were well within raange and i had other plants in there which were fine This was not pheno dependant as i did 2 of them at a time, and they were all like that.  They smelled really nice during flower, and they grew into real big plants but come harvest the buds were airy and if im honest, the smoke was average at best. in my opinion

they also took over 100 days, which for an auto is not really on in my book. If you are going to call something ultimate, then it would need to be damn good, and it wasnt - the ultimate that is. It was an ok smoke, but there are much better strains out there.  The bud structure was very sat dom, and like i said they never really filled out. I ended up chopping them at around 100 days altho they could have gone longer.  I could have grown a decent photoperiod strain in 100 days, for less electricity

There you go, thats my "real world" take on this starin. Im known for my blunt-ness, so i wont make excuses for it, better to tell the truth as i was always told.

I would also add that ive been dissappointed with other " hyped" strains, from other breeders

I also did thier auto extreme, and it was a decent smoke, so like i say, they do nice strains too, and ihad a few packs that i would have grown out if the pigs hadnt spoiled the party (think different and orange hill)

Edited by bigwilliebobby, 19 February 2017 - 04:07 PM.

• Budgie and gingerb like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.