#1 ValleyDragon

ValleyDragon

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:24 PM

As this is my 1st attempt please be gentle!!  :spar:

Finally switched on auto pots today after hand-watering for just over a week, also switched lighting to 13/11 today for 1 week before they start 12/12.

Attached File  20170220_161904.jpg   76.72KB   0 downloads

Bought a small air pump with just 1 outlet for now and put long air stone in tank, seems to be doing ok but a 2 outlet pump will be used soon.

Attached File  20170220_171359.jpg   79.61KB   0 downloads  

The strain is Dr Crippling's Incredible Bulk, which I've been growing in soil for awhile now but this is my 2nd coco grow and 1st in auto pots.

Ive vegged the 6 plants for about 4 weeks and used plastic bendz to try to attempt some training but veg area is small and skills very limited lol

Attached File  20170220_161755.jpg   176.49KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20170220_161802.jpg   136.16KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20170220_161932.jpg   151.25KB   0 downloads

They are in 15L pots with 1 1/2 inch of vital inks pebbles at bottom, then filled with Canna Pro Coco, did want to do a 30/70 mix by adding perlite to coco but forgot to buy coco, years of previous drug abuse in my 20's have shot my memory to bits so I forget everything, even this diary probably!

Nutes I'm using are Canna Coco A+B, Canna Cal-Mag, Green Planet Massive and Buddha's Tree PK 9-18

]Attached File  20170220_171339.jpg   80.52KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20170220_161944.jpg   75.5KB   0 downloads

The only issue I have is the waters very soft in my area, must be all the sheep p#ssing as it runs down mountains lol

The before ppm is just 094 :wtfsign: and even after I added (per litre) 2.5ml of A+B, 1.5ml of cal-mag, 3ml of Massive and 0.25 of pk 9-18 the ppm of the feed is about 580 so will this cause any under-feeding problems?

Ive took some poor pics with my ancient lg phone but hopefully I can use my better half's phone next time.

Hope ive done this right and all  :help:  is greatly appreciated :D

• Budgie, Dekay, smokin soul and 12 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:46 PM

hi dragon that is low background your lucky really lots less crap in your water idk about measuring in ppm but i would just go by the colour of the plants rather than trying for a set ppm level if you start low and add more as they grow if they start pale growth its easy to add than take away,the gpm is wasted till you got a good lot of pistils and even then dont go over the 3ml per ltr or it can upset them,subbed and good luck

• Budgie, Dekay, Dex and 3 others like this

#3 ValleyDragon

ValleyDragon

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:34 PM

Thanks Duke, ill ease up on gpm till they start showing flowers, did wonder if i needed to use it from start.

Do you know if the pk 9-18 is the same?

That stuff costs a bomb lol, the less i need to use the better 😀
  • Budgie, duke, Dex and 1 other like this

#4 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

He has a diary started woop woop im tagged in and in here to absorb all ze knowledge :) and that water you guys have my throat dreams of.. Our water is abit like Gordon's or white rum and of you have some tan a bath or two would strip ya back to metallic lmao

All the best dragon
  • ValleyDragon and Dutchy like this

#5 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:32 PM

Thanks Duke, ill ease up on gpm till they start showing flowers, did wonder if i needed to use it from start.

Do you know if the pk 9-18 is the same?

That stuff costs a bomb lol, the less i need to use the better 😀

i think its weeks 5-6-7 you use pk but some use it differently,i dont use it as imo much like cal-mag you dont allways want/need both p and k and imo folk use these things because there needing to use something and often they do no good and more often can cause problems esp cal-mag if its overused can lock out other vital elements.dont get me wrong i have experimented very much with different additives and chemical or organic boosters and came to the conclusion that just using good quality nutes at the correct rate ie not following charts blindly but reading the needs by the colour and vigour of the plant mind you i grow only in coco myself as i just find it way easier than mud,peace

• Dex, ValleyDragon and Dutchy like this

#6 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:57 PM

The before ppm is just 094 :wtfsign: and even after I added (per litre) 2.5ml of A+B, 1.5ml of cal-mag, 3ml of Massive and 0.25 of pk 9-18 the ppm of the feed is about 580 so will this cause any under-feeding problems?

Softwater is AAA+1 for growing weed. I think your feeding way too much in an auto pot system , Feck knows on ppm bollox for sure, but 2ml of AnB, 2ml of massive is plenty enough for Autopots, i never used the other 2,  but if you ask me feeding the amounts your feeding atmo well in that system i think you could run into build up and overfert type problems in bloom, you really wanna be dropping AnB if your carrying on with 3ml a litre of massive to 1.5 ml a litre at some point i think, cus that massive has of N/P/K in as well.

It`s a system i`ve  used more than once and if you get it right you`ll smash it bro but if you overfeed and get build up it could be tricky`er to put right than it would be in say a simple top fead RTW set up, so yes steady on feed is the way with this set up. One more thing speaking from experience here using canna ferts too, well if feeding 2.5ml a litre of just Canna AnB and a bit of pk boost during flower right to end your gonna start to notice slight build up in run off with EC/PPM instruments late in flower if you check that sorta thing, although it`s not gonna be owt of any significance to worry the plant and that`s an RTW set up, so as you can see your gonna be overferting and causing a faster build up at some point with that recipe which may or may not cause probs cus of build up in the medium, it just depends how much and fast salts build up at end of the day, just a few heads up on the set up bro. :)

You know i`ll follow this one too mate and best of luck as always. :)

• Budgie, duke, LegalizeMe and 4 others like this

#7 ValleyDragon

ValleyDragon

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:05 PM

Cheers Labs and Jimmy for looking in 😀

Also thanks for advice jimmy, was thinking of adding more feed into reservoir tomorrow but do you think it would be wiser to just add some ph'd plain water so the feed already in tank is diluted and weakened?

1st mistake was thinking in rtw mode and not considering the nute build-up lol 😬
  • Budgie, 2scoops, Dex and 3 others like this

#8 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:12 PM

Cheers Labs and Jimmy for looking in 😀

Also thanks for advice jimmy, was thinking of adding more feed into reservoir tomorrow but do you think it would be wiser to just add some ph'd plain water so the feed already in tank is diluted and weakened?

1st mistake was thinking in rtw mode and not considering the nute build-up lol 😬

Your gonna be ok feeding that early in bloom for first 4 to 5 weeks of 12/12 when plants are at their greediest but after that when they start to slow a bit of feeding, i think i`d deffo be taking away 1ml per litre of AnB if you carrying on with 3ml of massive and if you`ve not seen any calcium or magnesium defs by that point i`d drop that alltogether myself, doing that you should be about right.

• Budgie, duke, Dex and 2 others like this

#9 ValleyDragon

ValleyDragon

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:23 PM

Ill definitely lower the dosages jimmy

Thats where i messed up in soil grows by using too much feed.

Always used biobizz nutes but could never get past wk 5 without loads of deffs and at the time i thought giving more calmag etc would help.

Cant see me going back to soil now tho after having 1 coco grow under my belt, im a proper coco-nut now lol
  • Budgie, 2scoops, Dex and 1 other like this

#10 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:25 PM

Yes just drop your AnB a bit say 5 weeks in and also cal/mag all together at same time and you`ll smash it.

• Dex, ValleyDragon and Dutchy like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.