113 replies to this topic

#21 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:48 PM

I can`t see why you wouldn`t be able to take them out of trays yes, so just turn autovalves off cus it may cause overflow issues when you replace the pots is only draw back i can see of removing pots for half hour or so if you don`t turn valve off.

• Budgie, Dex and ValleyDragon like this

#22 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:05 PM

Lol on the kids comment funny guy dragon.. My aim was five too but back went so i stooped at three lol
  • Budgie, duke and ValleyDragon like this

#23 ValleyDragon

ValleyDragon

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:08 PM

Cheers jimmy i think thats what ill do, it will only be a 1 off anyway so i can lollypop back 3.

Just been to local hydro shop to get some nutes and i asked fella there about them, he was the bloke who advised me to get autopots for when im away in summer.

Anyway im babbling as usual lol, he said that some growers have 2 tents with autopots, 1 for vegging and 1 flowering and when vegging plants are ready they can just lift them out and put into flowering trays..the copper root control supposedly stops any issues. Just good to know that i can remove them without screwing up 😁
  • Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 5 others like this

#24 ValleyDragon

ValleyDragon

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:10 PM

Sometimes wish i stopped a zero labs 😂
  • Budgie, duke and Dex like this

#25 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:43 PM

These girls of yours are looking well happy @ValleyDragon :weed:

You don't see too many autopot grows these days for some reason, can't see why not though. Old grower LilRasta used to 12/12from seed in autopots and always smashed them out :joint:

Think you might need to run some enzymes through it once or twice to help keep everything running smoothly if you've not considered it already?

• Dekay, duke, Dex and 2 others like this

#26 ValleyDragon

ValleyDragon

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:43 PM

Thanks for checking in Budgie 😀

Sorry for newbie question but what do you mean about running enzymes thro system?

Is that the same as the Drip-Clean solution, im hoping to get some this week
  • duke, Dex, Charnel and 1 other like this

#27 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

Thanks for checking in Budgie 😀

Sorry for newbie question but what do you mean about running enzymes thro system?

Is that the same as the Drip-Clean solution, im hoping to get some this week

Just stick some in your fert mix every time you do a fresh mix,  these by Advanced are the top product in weed growing enzyme type additives. I can`t see much point in it using it if your using chemical based ferts though, but that`s me. :)

• Budgie, Dekay, Dex and 2 others like this

#28 ValleyDragon

ValleyDragon

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:25 PM

Thanks for link jimmy, will this stuff keep the pipes clear aswell or does it just break down old roots?

Ive got an airstone in tank but its not the best, bloke in hydro shop said most have two stones at bottom of tank to keep nutes mixing but i just bought cheap 1 from pets at home lol 😀
  • Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 2 others like this

#29 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

Thanks for link jimmy, will this stuff keep the pipes clear aswell or does it just break down old roots?

Ive got an airstone in tank but its not the best, bloke in hydro shop said most have two stones at bottom of tank to keep nutes mixing but i just bought cheap 1 from pets at home lol 😀

Running the pipes through with hotwater and bleach or a cleaner of somesort after each grow should help keep things fresh and clean, that`s if you feel like cleaning them after each grow. I`m just not sure of full benefits of using enzymes myself in a minral feed based set up ? and i`m not saying their in`t none but it`s not gotta be much surely ? unlike if i was growing organically or possibly in dirt. Their`s other stuff i`d blow my dosh on b4 enzymes if i grew using mineral based ferts like canna A&B is, i`d rather buy some silicon or a boost of somesort. Also do zymes cause slime and stuff like that in your fert mix ?

• Dekay, duke, Dex and 2 others like this

#30 ValleyDragon

ValleyDragon

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:31 PM

Im going to clean valves and pipes etc after each grow so hopefully this will help avoid any blockage issues

Just added a stop-tap and it made cleaning filter alot easier, also emptyied out the feed in tank and put in fresh

Didnt know if i could just add the fresh feed on top of what was still in tank or if the feed needs changing so i took the safe option and cleaned out old feed before adding new, its still all alienvto me 👽 lol
  • Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 2 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.