#51 Dave the Shrew

Dave the Shrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:34 PM

Nice read @ValleyDragon
Looking at getting some auto pots my self for when I go on holiday. And upping my grow tent to a 1.2m for six plants.
So my question is what size tank are you using for six plants? Thinking the 47litre one might be to small?
Plants looking great as well mate.

The Shrew
  • Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 5 others like this

#52 ValleyDragon

ValleyDragon

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:56 PM

Nice read @ValleyDragon
Looking at getting some auto pots my self for when I go on holiday. And upping my grow tent to a 1.2m for six plants.
So my question is what size tank are you using for six plants? Thinking the 47litre one might be to small?
Plants looking great as well mate.

The Shrew

Thanks for popping in @Dave the Shrew and the kind words :) 

I'm using an 100 litre tank that came with the system and at 3/4 full it lasts easily 14 days, I could have probably gone to 21 days without the need to put fresh feed in tank but I only have a single outlet air pump/stone in tank and it started to smell a bit funky lol

Bought the 6 pot (15L) system off ebay for £127 and all I had to get to complete it was a stand for tank (£10 local hydro shop) and an inline filter which I got off the same eBay shop cos I sent email saying no filter and then they sent me 1 for free even though its not supposed to be included.

Filter is only about £10 anyway so not too bad.

Let me know if you want ebay link mate, You wont regret getting this system its so easy its unbelievable

I got it for school summer holidays because we are down caravan for 6 wks and I usually come home twice a week to feed plants but this year ill save over the cost of system on fuel. :D 

• Dekay, 2scoops, duke and 5 others like this

#53 ValleyDragon

ValleyDragon

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:26 PM

Well mean as im in here i may aswell update the adventure trail :smoked:

As promised numerous times I have tried to get better quality pics, so I took a few quick pics just after lights out, naughty I know but sometimes

you just gotta live on the edge lol :sand-dance:

Here's a few I took from front

Attached File  front no fan.jpg   186.69KB   0 downloads  Attached File  front side fan light.jpg   216.66KB   0 downloads  Attached File  front side fan dark.jpg   127.32KB   0 downloads

As you can tell I'm not gonna win any camera competitions anytime soon lol

A pic from above slightly and over to the dark side

Attached File  above dark.jpg   234.47KB   0 downloads

Now its the next 2 pics I would like all your fine growers opinions and advice on please :help:

Attached File  Inkedflower 1_LI.jpg   302.67KB   0 downloads  Attached File  Inkedflower 2_LI.jpg   255.83KB   0 downloads

Now I know everyone's gonna be mightily impressed with my drawing work but can you tell what it is yet.....all Rolf Harris jokes aside :shockedwow:

I've got to hold my hands up :doh: and admit that the rusty bits could be where I splashed them at the start when I hand watered them for first week but I'm not sure.

Also do they look a little light to you fine folk?

Cheers for looking in :cheers:

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 6 others like this

#54 Dave the Shrew

Dave the Shrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

Nice one @ValleyDragon
Yeah I seen that system on eBay was the one I was going to get.
Looks right up my street.
Cheers pal

The Shrew
  • 2scoops, duke, Dex and 4 others like this

#55 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:10 PM

Wow dragon :weed: up in here lol very nice.. The ladies do look tad hungry and
That dot looks a splash probably mate.. if there isn't purple leaf stem with it, then its sign of burn either light or splash...

Light burn on leafs are the oddest bit of growing i have ever experienced lol baby leafs dont fry but older fan leafs will crisp lmao mad

All the best my brother
  • Budgie, duke, ValleyDragon and 3 others like this

#56 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:58 PM

That is well rammed full me thinks you need a bigger tent :)

• duke, Dex, ValleyDragon and 2 others like this

#57 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:00 AM

Cock on @ValleyDragon, like a netless scrog in there man, lovely canopy you've got rocking :headbang:

If the spots aint spreading it's nothing to worry about I'd say.

Lightening up? how far in flower are you now, coming up on 4 weeks? They're probably just ramping up their food needs. 14 Days between res changes might be too long and they may need a refresh weekly to keep it in order.

• duke, Dex, ValleyDragon and 2 others like this

#58 Charnel

Charnel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:49 AM

I echo Dex's thoughts about the girls being a bit hungry.   Check your ec in the rez then do a check in the actual tray.  If the tray ec is lower then up your feeding :)

If you don't want your tank to start to smell funky try a little h202 or some chlorine :)

• duke, Dex and ValleyDragon like this

#59 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:54 AM

Hope the gnat was a one off Valley, eyes peeled fella  :)

http://ipm.ucanr.edu...TES/pn7448.html

• Budgie, duke, Dex and 1 other like this

#60 ValleyDragon

ValleyDragon

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:17 PM

Thanks everyone for popping in and with good advice 😀

Forgot to say about advice i got off hydro shop owner (yeah i know, they never lie 😁)

He said that after a grow is finished most autopot users bin the black 6mm piping rather than try to clean it cos its only £4 for a few metres of new piping...seems like a good idea and common sense but thought id mention it for anyone thinking of trying autopots

Also he recommended filling every pot with clay pebbles over the height of tray they sit in, tho i cant remember why he said to do this..missus was in car with kids playing up and i could feel the evil daggers thro shop wall so i started to zone out automatically lol 😁

The feed i made last week was (per litre) 2.5ml canna a&b, 1ml canna cal-mag, 3ml green planet massive and 0.25ml of buddhas tree pk 9-18 so i dont know what i can increase, any ideas whats best to add too if they are still hungry?
  • Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.