13 replies to this topic

#1 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:28 AM

Hey buddies i been on YouTube as usual this time looking at tricks to grow lemon and peely orange anyhoo.

Q1.. I came across a video wgere a guy says that he is gonna water from the bottom rather than on top for newly potted seedlings to help roots drop? Is that true or is it just shyzer

Q2.. And whats the best scrog net?

I wanted to build one me self i have metal frames to go around me tent and i can raise and lower.. So maybe I should be asking whats the best string to use for a scrog net

Q3.. What size should i do the squares please?

I think thats it all out of me system. Many thanks in advance :) lol

oh one more question

How are you and your day or night? :D
  • duke, denots, Petal and 2 others like this

#2 denots

denots

oil me up before you go go

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:09 PM

Hey buddies i been on YouTube as usual this time looking at tricks to grow lemon and peely orange anyhoo.

Q1.. I came across a video wgere a guy says that he is gonna water from the bottom rather than on top for newly potted seedlings to help roots drop? Is that true or is it just shyzer

Q2.. And whats the best scrog net?

I wanted to build one me self i have metal frames to go around me tent and i can raise and lower.. So maybe I should be asking whats the best string to use for a scrog net

Q3.. What size should i do the squares please?

I think thats it all out of me system. Many thanks in advance :) lol

oh one more question

How are you and your day or night? :D

Hello Dex mate. watering from the bottom of the pot to get the roots down does work as the roots go in search for the water, personally I don't bother, i always water from the top if I'm growing in mud or coco.

Best scrog net i found was the green plastic garden fencing like i use, the squares are 50mm or 2" if your imperial.

And to your last question I'm good mate, lightly stoned (for the day time) on a 10-1 cap  :D . hope your good to my friend.

Hope this helps Dex.

• Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 4 others like this

#3 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:40 PM

@ denots glad your well buddy and thabks for replying is it this tyoe of garden thingy or one like dukes a metal one like the yanks fences? Attached File  DSC_0191.JPG   69.19KB   0 downloads
  • duke, denots and Bubonik Chronic like this

#4 denots

denots

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:51 PM

@ denots glad your well buddy and thabks for replying is it this tyoe of garden thingy or one like dukes a metal one like the yanks fences? attachicon.gifDSC_0191.JPG

Here you go Dex mate.

http://www.ebay.co.u...9cqqLdJoOtryDUg

• duke, Roy Cropper, Dex and 1 other like this

#5 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:48 PM

i dont like metal ones the plastic like denots says is what i use some metal ones impart a metalic taste to buds and is cold the plastic has a little stretch in it so in the drobes i use metal cup hooks and stretch the net to fit tight on the hooks requiring no frame in the way of the net and i find when it comes to chop time if you just sever the main trunk and unhook the net you can lift out the entire scrog intact and lay it on a table to chop saving your back from aching a bit! imo scrog is harder to start with but once you get the first over and chopped you learn in the end it is more productive and actually easier in the flowering bit as you no need messing with string or poles around your sticky fragile buds also the fact that in the scrog method you have equal light to all parts and by the horizontal growth you redistribute the auxins that make the plant grow buds to all the tips the same instead of what is called apical dominance where the top growing tip of an ordinary growing plant are concentrated thats why you get smaller buds that are less prone to rot and all of equal proportions.fuck me im stoned rambling so i hope it makes some sense!peace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsHxvAl38X4&index=21&list=PLN62U3buCEztyc_19H2PI9PBtPR4X6Ba2

• Budgie, denots, Dex and 2 others like this

#6 denots

denots

• Sleeping Mods
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:53 PM

Made sense to me Duke, but i'm stoned to  :D .

• Dex and Bubonik Chronic like this

#7 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:00 PM

i dont like metal ones the plastic like denots says is what i use some metal ones impart a metalic taste to buds and is cold the plastic has a little stretch in it so in the drobes i use metal cup hooks and stretch the net to fit tight on the hooks requiring no frame in the way of the net and i find when it comes to chop time if you just sever the main trunk and unhook the net you can lift out the entire scrog intact and lay it on a table to chop saving your back from aching a bit! imo scrog is harder to start with but once you get the first over and chopped you learn in the end it is more productive and actually easier in the flowering bit as you no need messing with string or poles around your sticky fragile buds also the fact that in the scrog method you have equal light to all parts and by the horizontal growth you redistribute the auxins that make the plant grow buds to all the tips the same instead of what is called apical dominance where the top growing tip of an ordinary growing plant are concentrated thats why you get smaller buds that are less prone to rot and all of equal proportions.fuck me im stoned rambling so i hope it makes some sense!peace
https://www.youtube....2PI9PBtPR4X6Ba2

Best type of rambling mate.I might try that plastic one when I flip my green cracks
  • Budgie, denots and Dex like this

#8 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:31 PM

clematis netting

$_86.JPG

from any garden center it comes on 1m or .5 m so you just cable tie the 50cm one together to make what you want ,  plastic two inch squares then for the frame you can use alloy channel or angle (same stuff im making your light from  and for a tent you can get these pipe clips they fit  the tent frame perfectly  and fix the netting to it  then clip in to tent add a few bit of alloy channel to stiffen it up , ive done mine with bamboo cross ways it works well to stiffen it up  but done look the best

SI16376-40.jpg

ive had metal scr5og screens purpose made for tents and they were good cos they looked good and  no flex in them  but the cost outways the usefulness and good looks,

light watering from the bottom might well work to induce the roots to look for feed/water  you should always keep seedling on the dry side for that reason
20170103 164108

• Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 5 others like this

#9 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:06 PM

Im really stoned and thanks to both of ya @ duke and @ denots for link and explanation :D
  • duke and denots like this

#10 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:11 PM

Thanks @ Forest i just seen yer reply and im not a person to care of how pretty things are lol im ghetto lmao

But thanks for that, im looking into this because when i get the lights and fit the driver to it i was gonna try a scrog because with cobs light spread is even :) and might worth my while in small spaces lol either scrog or not to train at all maybe a nip or two max sort of thing..

Thanks for the example and reply buddy
  • duke, denots and Bubonik Chronic like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.