Photo
- - - - -

Delicious & Fast Buds in the Nook

Delicious Fast Buds Blackberry Critiacl Jcak Herer Pixie the Nook soil Fox Farm autos

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#51 usibl

usibl

the be-loved Random March Pixie

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:37 PM

I hear you duke. my over-eager-over-enthusiasm strikes again.

I was going to drop the veg food, shes just past 2 weeks flowering.

shes just been looking crapier as the week went on. only a couple of the big fans left & ther're efected.

getting blothchy yellowing & drying up.

so say I "go simple" - should I do a bit of a soak in clear water to leach the soil

& then feed just bloom & GPM?. Ive done this in the past w problem plants & it seemed to help.

• 2scoops, duke, dal and 4 others like this

#52 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:08 PM

I hear you duke. my over-eager-over-enthusiasm strikes again.

I was going to drop the veg food, shes just past 2 weeks flowering.

shes just been looking crapier as the week went on. only a couple of the big fans left & ther're efected.

getting blothchy yellowing & drying up.

so say I "go simple" - should I do a bit of a soak in clear water to leach the soil

& then feed just bloom & GPM?. Ive done this in the past w problem plants & it seemed to help.

im not greatly keen on to much flushing in mud it buggers it up and i would only do so once i find if possible stand the plant in the shower and run lukewarm water through it a few times does the trick if the missus dont catch you i worry not only will it be far to wet if its poorly allready a prolonged wet period could finish it of if it has a rootzone issue. maybe just a dilute nute flush twice the volume of the pot and leave it to dry for a day or two and if possible increase air movement around the plants to encourage them to drink more proper blast mine i do never mind all this nonsense about fan burn its not true and the more air round them the better dancing foliage is what you want,id drop the gpm and just give veg nutes atm until new growth looks normal as atm its wasted on the plant not fit to make use of it,peace

dump the mud and come over to the coconutters club you will not have to guess again,peace

• dal, Solo Quin, usibl and 3 others like this

#53 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:27 PM

• Solo Quin and Dex like this

#54 usibl

usibl

• Respected User
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:38 PM

im not greatly keen on to much flushing in mud it buggers it up

...,peace

dump the mud and come over to the coconutters club you will not have to guess again,peace

aye, I do think you coco growers seem to have fewer problems

maybe best advice I get :)

thanks for taking time

Kind Regards

#55 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 12,991 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:22 PM

aye, I do think you coco growers seem to have fewer problems

maybe best advice I get :)

thanks for taking time

Kind Regards

i honestly think coco 100 times easier than any soil based medium and i have tried many other soiless mediums all the usual perlite vermiculite rockwool clay balls hay and many variations and mixes and allways end up back in coco as it works best for me with the least work and best of all it is a known quantity ie inert no nutrient value but the perfect vessel for holding moisture and encouraging strong root growth and if you keep it simple it very rarely goes far wrong,unless your like me and get far to stoned and lazy then it can and does go wrong,but in coco most things can be put right quick,i will mentor you if you would like,peace

• 2scoops, dal, Solo Quin and 4 others like this

#56 Solo Quin

Solo Quin

Organically High

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 01:20 AM

I know next to nothing about the whole hydro growing system, but what I can say is using powerful inorganic nutrients on a living soil won't work because it will upset the micro-life wipe them put so to speak. So if you are going to use these then you may as well do it in coco from past experience hydro tasted and smells like pond weed most of the time but coco is much better my opinion taste wise, maybe this is where you are having problems chlorine in water will also have a negative effect on a living soil.

Edited by Solo Quin, 02 April 2017 - 01:21 AM.

• 2scoops, duke, dal and 3 others like this

#57 usibl

usibl

• Respected User
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 02:30 AM

@ Solo Q, food for thot it is, I always let my water sit for a few days before using

chloine shount be a prob. also Im using my 2nd choice of soils ... (making excuses I am)

@ duke, ok, please recommend inexpensive meters ph & ec?

thanks for support

Kind Regards

#58 usibl

usibl

• Respected User
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:49 PM

ok, Blackberry is on the sick list. heres what Im piecing together

Ive been overwatering her, not a lot, but enought to foul up the aeration

*shes never had a lot of leafs & wouldnt need a lot of nutes

but Ive fed her like any other plant & so the soil is proly a bit toxic from excess feed... ::sigh::

Plan: let her soil dry a couple extra days, then flush her & top off w a lite feed.

Ive done this to plants before, soz I dint take action sooner & just let her dry more... so's onward.

both Attached File  P1200809.JPG   439.74KB   0 downloads

Blackberry Attached File  P1200811.JPG   422.28KB   0 downloads Attached File  P1200804.JPG   598.85KB   0 downloads Attached File  P1200829.JPG   142.41KB   0 downloads

Critical Jack Herer Attached File  P1200807.JPG   443.25KB   0 downloads

only pic I took of her & shes looking pretty healthy, had water & feed today.

Kind Regards

usi

• Budgie, 2scoops, smokin soul and 6 others like this

#59 Solo Quin

Solo Quin

Organically High

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:34 PM

Looking good Usi, I wouldn't worry reckon they will finish up ok. had the same problem with autos I always feel if I can just get this extra feed in they would pack more weight on but can't cut corners. It is best to let the pots completely dry out before feeding/watering feel the weight of the pot and test the soil by feel for moisture.

• 2scoops, dal, Petal and 4 others like this

#60 usibl

usibl

• Respected User
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:38 PM

oh aye Solo Quin - I do this w 2 plants strains, one is real good & I do both by the good one

& the fussier one suffers. I learn my lesson again.

the Blackberry is a 60-day-wonder, so I fear Ive lost a major part of her possibility, this overwatering is a major setback

shes nearly at a standstill now. Just hoping I can work some pixie magic & get a little good bud from her.

• 2scoops, dal, Petal and 5 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Delicious, Fast Buds, Blackberry, Critiacl Jcak Herer, Pixie, the Nook, soil, Fox Farm, autos

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.