Open Now: The Royal Queen Seeds 15 Strain Welcome Grow-out, POTS Plant of the Season Comp, Germination Shoot-out Comp, Completed Diary Rewards. Coming soon: The Summer Pot Noodle Grow and more...

Photo
- - - - -

new content defaults

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

can anyone tell me if i can change the default group the "new content" button defaults to? mine is set to new content from members  and i want it to default to forums  it is a bit of a pisser to have to change every time i come on the forum , it a small niggle but a niggle it is!

thank you for any help given

• duke and Petal like this

#2 Petal

Petal

has dirty fingernails

• Respected User
  • 2,380 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:34 PM

Hey Forest, I think you must log in to TGC onto the members page rather than the home or forum page - as a result when you click on new content it is defaulted to members?

Try logging into TGC on this link and then check the New Content

http://www.t-g-c.nl/forum/

• duke likes this

#3 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:36 PM

i stay loged in i think, and come on here from email links  and some times but very rarely is on fourms but mostly it changes

• duke likes this

#4 Budgie

Budgie

Millet Muncher

• Administrators
  • 6,923 posts
  • LocationA Phat Planet

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:56 PM

The NewContent @Forest is set up to return results by post. It does keep defaults but only for 'time_period' and 'other' (but not the filtered forum bit) 

It is context sensitive, in that if you are looking at a member, and hit view_new_content, it will return new members, at a picture...new pictures etc

It looks like you would have to 'follow' each forum you want to keep updated on and select the Just_Items_I_follow search filter. On the left hand side new_content results.

This means navigating to the forums you want to follow, and clicking the follow icon at the top of the thread list on the right. You can only 'follow' the high level forums (Train, Grow, Chill) but you can follow everything underneath these.

Unless, of course,......anyone knows different?

p.s. It could be that your pc is set not to accept cookies or they get cleared out by your browser when closing it.

• Mr Pothead, Dekay and duke like this

#5 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,126 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:39 PM

can anyone tell me if i can change the default group the "new content" button defaults to?

[The New Content button] is context sensitive, in that if you are looking at a member, and hit view_new_content, it will return new members, at a picture...new pictures etc

This is why it happens :)

Well, that's what happens anyway - The why is because Members, Gallery, Forum and Calendar are actually separate applications/areas/content-types in an extensible framework/container.
  • Budgie, Mr Pothead, Dekay and 1 other like this

#6 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:15 AM

i dont understand  most of that, so i can or cant make it always show new forum post with out it defaulting to members ,  it seem it is on some sort of timer when i use it a lot to look new posts it stays on forums(i think) but if i go away and come back to same open tab and click new context it defaults back to members

• duke likes this

#7 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,126 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:24 AM

so i can or cant make it always show new forum post with out it defaulting to members

There is nothing you can set, sorry.

The content that you see depends on which page you are on when you click the button - In the Gallery, you'll see new Gallery pictures; if you're viewing the Member List or a Profile, you'll see new members; when using the Forum (reading a topic, viewing a forum, etc.), you'll see new posts.

I don't know what links in emails will lead to, but it may depend on what the email is notifying you of.

I also don't know why you get different results on the same page, unless it's to do with cookie expiry/logging out or something.

Do you tick "Remember me" when logging in?
  • duke and symbol 22 like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.