• Petal, Slippery and symbol 22 like this

#22 Solo Quin

Solo Quin

Organically High

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:20 PM

Hey SQ welcome :) All the best with your outdoor growing venture. Been nice chatting with you on chat :)

That's really nice of you Petal it's great talking with you as well. ;)

• Petal, Slippery and symbol 22 like this

#23 Solo Quin

Solo Quin

Organically High

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:24 PM

hello and welcome solo :hiya:

Hello Smokin Soul cheers mate nice all this positive feedback is overwhelming.

• Petal and symbol 22 like this

#24 Solo Quin

Solo Quin

Organically High

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:27 PM

Hi Solo, I'm interested with what you are up to with that trench. Are you going to ship soil in or improve what you get from mother nature? The time is right to start preparing the soil now with some long lasting slow release ferts like FBB or chicken pellets.

There aren't enough guerilla growers on this site so you are a welcome addition, looking forwards to a few more outdoor diaries.

Hi Slippery thanks for dropping in, The trench is just one strip so to speak I didn't have the time nor the fuel to do any more on that day but there is actually another three or four to go in just along the side that one to cover the full area that has been cleared. I will be using the soil that's already there the plot is a bank near the top of a hill it's good soil for about a spade n half depth then I hit rock hard clay so this will be my depth point.

Great stuff I will be back out on Monday then every day throughout the week providing the weather stays dry I find this easier as clay rocky ground is hard work to dig. This is a good question that's been playing on my mind obviously there's no need to create a living soil outside. I was quite surprised how easy the top soil broke up there were lots of worms already in there doing their work some sort of larvae nest came up as well so the soil is well aerated already in my opinion.

What I have been doing so far & why I choose this method, I've collected manures from different area's nearest to my plots to put in the bottom of the holes also been mixing oyster shell into the soil this stuff is fine to use and a good source of calcium. As for the BFB and guano after reading what people have to say fox digging this didn't happen to me though the fox's started using my holes as a toilet which is enough to take note for this year. My plan was to top dress and another reason for this is because powerful even organic fertilizers can kill the micro-life in the soil they don't like it. Topdressing is alright because it gradually seems into the soil over time gives the micro beastie's time to adjust, after re digging  some holes from last year I could still notice some BFB not properly broken down and not sure how this would effect the soil of plant to tbh.

I'm stuck between the two and might just try it both ways as looking at mrpotsmok and Bobmonk they seem to have had very good result's mixing BFB and guano mixed universal into the soil, as you say now is the time to apply the amendments so they have time to break down before the planting out.

I would be interested to hear your opinion on this as well Slippery still fairly new to this GG game your years ahead of me and some of them plants look beastly compared to mine first attempt last year.

Regards SQ.

• The Dude Abides, Petal, Slippery and 3 others like this

#25 Solo Quin

Solo Quin

Organically High

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:46 PM

Welcome to the :tgc: @Solo Quin :mr: :joint:

Hope you are liking the forum. Looking forward to seeing how your preparation works for you this season. But you might need to plant a good pain-relieving strain or two with all that digging and humping :P

Cheers mate,

This place is awesome sorted my ventilation and I took your advice the normal inner tubes they are a lot stronger I'm no longer losing pressure anymore & at £2.90 I can afford to carry a spare on the bike. I  will be cracking on this week fellow digging them holes like a true champion! 

ahahaaa know my shoulders starting to ache already.

:D

Edited by Solo Quin, 26 February 2017 - 04:47 PM.

• Budgie, Petal, Slippery and 3 others like this

#26 Solo Quin

Solo Quin

Organically High

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:54 PM

I know i have spoken to you in shout hey and welcome :)

Cheers mrDeeks and thanks saying hello. 

Felt like I best say hi even though we already spoke fella lol :)

Dekay Cheers mate.

:D

• mrsDeeks, Petal, Dutchy and 1 other like this

#27 Solo Quin

Solo Quin

Organically High

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:08 PM

Hello Mr Quinn hope you are well sir!

Aright me awld mucka good to have your outdoor knowledge aboard this ship.

Stay safe, wrap up and grow many many trees lol

Nice one Symbol thanks for dropping in on my post, my knowledge is mainly indoors most of the work outside I'll leave to mother nature. 

I'll try heating is on full as we speak Februarys are usually the coldest month in my opinion.

:)

• Budgie, Dutchy and symbol 22 like this

#28 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:21 PM

Hi Slippery thanks for dropping in, The trench is just one strip so to speak I didn't have the time nor the fuel to do any more on that day but there is actually another three or four to go in just along the side that one to cover the full area that has been cleared. I will be using the soil that's already there the plot is a bank near the top of a hill it's good soil for about a spade n half depth then I hit rock hard clay so this will be my depth point.

Great stuff I will be back out on Monday then every day throughout the week providing the weather stays dry I find this easier as clay rocky ground is hard work to dig. This is a good question that's been playing on my mind obviously there's no need to create a living soil outside. I was quite surprised how easy the top soil broke up there were lots of worms already in there doing their work some sort of larvae nest came up as well so the soil is well aerated already in my opinion.

What I have been doing so far & why I choose this method, I've collected manures from different area's nearest to my plots to put in the bottom of the holes also been mixing oyster shell into the soil this stuff is fine to use and a good source of calcium. As for the BFB and guano after reading what people have to say fox digging this didn't happen to me though the fox's started using my holes as a toilet which is enough to take note for this year. My plan was to top dress and another reason for this is because powerful even organic fertilizers can kill the micro-life in the soil they don't like it. Topdressing is alright because it gradually seems into the soil over time gives the micro beastie's time to adjust, after re digging  some holes from last year I could still notice some BFB not properly broken down and not sure how this would effect the soil of plant to tbh.

I'm stuck between the two and might just try it both ways as looking at mrpotsmok and Bobmonk they seem to have had very good result's mixing BFB and guano mixed universal into the soil, as you say now is the time to apply the amendments so they have time to break down before the planting out.

I would be interested to hear your opinion on this as well Slippery still fairly new to this GG game your years ahead of me and some of them plants look beastly compared to mine first attempt last year.

Regards SQ.

I haven't used FBB for a few years as last time I used it I mixed it with the soil then planted straight on top of it. The fox dug it all up again straight away, probably looking for whatever made that lovely smell.

I was reading about growing my own veg this year and a lot of gardeners mix it into the soil at the start of the season then top dress in July.

It's supposed to break down very slowly ( as you discovered), I will  be mixing this in as soon as I can get out to my spots then leaving it until the end of March when I will mix some horse manure in under where I plant. I will probably top dress with horse manure or maybe chicken manure later in the year (probably leave the FBB out). I will also be feeding comfry tea at every visit.

I intend to do two tomato plants side by side in the garden this year and feed one Tomorite and the other comfry tea to see what the effect is and get a better idea about the mixing ratios of CT.

• Budgie, Petal, Solo Quin and 2 others like this

#29 Solo Quin

Solo Quin

Organically High

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:51 PM

I haven't used FBB for a few years as last time I used it I mixed it with the soil then planted straight on top of it. The fox dug it all up again straight away, probably looking for whatever made that lovely smell.

I was reading about growing my own veg this year and a lot of gardeners mix it into the soil at the start of the season then top dress in July.

It's supposed to break down very slowly ( as you discovered), I will  be mixing this in as soon as I can get out to my spots then leaving it until the end of March when I will mix some horse manure in under where I plant. I will probably top dress with horse manure or maybe chicken manure later in the year (probably leave the FBB out). I will also be feeding comfry tea at every visit.

I intend to do two tomato plants side by side in the garden this year and feed one Tomorite and the other comfry tea to see what the effect is and get a better idea about the mixing ratios of CT.

What your doing seems to be working could try and leave a pile as nun suggested for the fox badgers to find first and lose interest digging up holes. I'm not trying to tell you something you don't already know all raw ingredients need to be composted before being using in the garden. End of March sounds like a good time I've heard some people saying July it was June when I got then out last year didn't grow so big I'm wanting an early season this year as we don't get much of a summer up here really.

Think a month is the bare minimum but it will still be breaking down over coming months,  comfrey this is of interest to me I forage wild food anything from fungi mushrooms weeds etc different species growing at throughout the year nettles and comfrey are supposed to be highly nutritious.  

I was talking a photo the other day what you reckon this is comfrey or not ? 

Can you tell me anything about the recipes or the end result from using these tea's I'm looking to save money and be as organic as can be so this is of interest to me. 

Forgot to say in the last post there not many gureilla growers on here, thanks for sharing I'm learning a lot from you.

Regards SQ.

:)

Attached Files

• Petal, Slippery and Dutchy like this

#30 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:48 PM

....I intend to do two tomato plants side by side in the garden this year and feed one Tomorite and the other comfry tea to see what the effect is and get a better idea about the mixing ratios of CT.

I was reading and learning today as you do,

this is a chart of NPK ratios by weight of source veggies :) No animal products in sight either. Other than the shit they were grown in of course :)

•   Input                         N     P         K
  •   Banana                     1.5   0.12   1.6
  •   Beetroot                    3.6   4.6     5
  •   Bell pepper                2.3  0.4     3.5
  •   Carrot                        2     0.5     4.6
  •   Comfrey                    1.8   0.5     5.3
  •   Cucumber                  8    1.3      7.2
  •   Eggplant (Aubergine) 1    0.5      3
  •   Lettuce                       5.4 1.4     12
  •   Potato                        1.7  0.4     3
  •   Stinging Nettle            5.6  0.7    3.7
  •   Swede                        2.5  0.7    4.4
  •   Tomato                       2.3  0.8    5.9
  •   Turnip                         1.8  0.5    3

and whether it's  brewed or fermented the end results are about the same.

• Petal, Slippery, Solo Quin and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.