22 replies to this topic

#11 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

Yeah man I get you.if I take to it I might shell out for a better ones,I might hate it and stick wiv mud.then again im building a workshop so water farming is a possability as it wouldent be directly above my bed lol
  • 2scoops and Dex like this

#12 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:46 PM

Yeah man I get you.if I take to it I might shell out for a better ones,I might hate it and stick wiv mud.then again im building a workshop so water farming is a possability as it wouldent be directly above my bed lol

I've had 2 bluelab ph pens. There not all that! The buttons are total wank on both the ph pens I've had an it's the same on there ec pen but the ex pen is still going three years on. I can have 1 cheap one every year for 5 years including ph buffer befor I've got to the price of a bluelab ph pen an they only last 2 years b4 they need replacing.

As for water farms ect. U could get a arduino micro controller, ph probe, Ethernet connection, real time clock all for about 30quid an u could see your current ph on ya phone no matter we're u we're in the world :)
  • KiefKat, Forest, Dex and 1 other like this

#13 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:05 PM

Buzzin lads cheers for the info,as im about as clueless as you can get on this shit.Cheap n cheerful it is

#14 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:52 PM

Another thing about calibrating the ph and ec pens, tbh i cant remember last time i did test mine think its maybe12 months ago and they were cock on, basically what im saying is if you`ve callibrated it at start of a grow, dont fuck around with it again till next grow unless you get problems that may call for the pens to be tested, i say this cus if your checking it every other day or week like a madcat it will do your nut in one way or another and more so if you have a touch of that OCD, so yes if your plants look good just recalibrate b4 each grow is the way to go really. :)

I is coco loco Marc. :D

• Budgie and Bubonik Chronic like this

#15 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:03 PM

for a good ec wand i bought a used bluelab for 30 quid and even used they have lots of life left in them years probably ,  might be worth considering @Bubonik Chronic,  buy it right first time and it is the only time  ;)  , ive had a few cheap ones like them yellow , blue or red ones and they have been quite shit tbh,  ive found they tend to get wet , although whip the batteries out quick and dry in on the boiler for a day or two and they go again mostly,

i think you will like coco :D

• duke, Ken Erbis and Bubonik Chronic like this

#16 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:32 PM

Im with forest on this one, .

I know its a fair old shell out, but if you are in it for the duration and plan growing all the time, get yourself a bluelab.

The cheapos are ok tho and work fine, but the bluelab keeps calibration much better.

The "essential" ones are a half way house and get good reviews too,

I suppose if you are just trying out coco to seei f you like it then the cheap ones will do, but long term id buy a bluelab

The sensor tips are also replaceable, so you cant lose. I lost count of the cheapos i managed to kill over the years

Edited by bigwilliebobby, 25 February 2017 - 05:33 PM.

• Budgie and Bubonik Chronic like this

#17 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:20 PM

One thing I have learnt growing in coco is to listen to what that @jimmi2scoops tells you.
He knows his coco does Jimbo. (and the others on here)
I thought he'd got shares in A+B the way he kept telling me my plants needed more grub!
;) :D
But good luck BC.

Init hes the dead coconut Oracle

Another thing about calibrating the ph and ec pens, tbh i cant remember last time i did test mine think its maybe12 months ago and they were cock on, basically what im saying is if you`ve callibrated it at start of a grow, dont fuck around with it again till next grow unless you get problems that may call for the pens to be tested, i say this cus if your checking it every other day or week like a madcat it will do your nut in one way or another and more so if you have a touch of that OCD, so yes if your plants look good just recalibrate b4 each grow is the way to go really. :)

I is coco loco Marc. :D

Dont worry mate ill be chewing your ear off if I end up duing it

for a good ec wand i bought a used bluelab for 30 quid and even used they have lots of life left in them years probably , might be worth considering @Bubonik Chronic, buy it right first time and it is the only time ;) , ive had a few cheap ones like them yellow , blue or red ones and they have been quite shit tbh, ive found they tend to get wet , although whip the batteries out quick and dry in on the boiler for a day or two and they go again mostly,

i think you will like coco :D

I know its a fair old shell out, but if you are in it for the duration and plan growing all the time, get yourself a bluelab.
The cheapos are ok tho and work fine, but the bluelab keeps calibration much better.
I suppose if you are just trying out coco to seei f you like it then the cheap ones will do, but long term id buy a bluelab
The sensor tips are also replaceable, so you cant lose. I lost count of the cheapos i managed to kill over the years

Like ya say guys ill try cheap ens first and if I get into it ill invest a bit.
This said im still always gunna being growing in muck aswell as iv just aquired the worlds biggest composter and around a metric ton of horse shit lol.
Come mid summer im gunna have a lot more room to play with so I can do some experiments.

Edited by Bubonik Chronic, 25 February 2017 - 06:49 PM.

#18 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:18 PM

Ya can't replace the bluelab pens, but u can with the bluelab truncheon.

It's the calibration side of my bluelabs that failed on both of mine. Try an calibrate it an they both said error. Nothing u can alter to rectify that problem. Worst £140 quid I've spent since growing. As for the yellow cheap ones all ya need to do is store them in an inch or two of water to keep the sensor wet an you calibrate them with the little screw on the bk
  • Bubonik Chronic likes this

#19 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:33 PM

Just a quick question,roughly how long could you leave a developed plant in 11l pot after a drench?

Edited by Bubonik Chronic, 25 February 2017 - 07:35 PM.

• duke likes this

#20 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:14 PM

i used to feed them daily in coco, but youcould probably get away with it every 2 -3 days in veg, at the start of veg that is.yeah ive had the cheap ones too, and i used to buy 2or 3 at a time.

what i did notice was you could calibrate 2 of the cheap ones  with 4.0 and 7.0, then put them into a nutrient mix, and the readings could differ by 0.5 EC.

i tended to trust the bluelab more than the cheapos, but like i said, if you're not fussy they will do the job

Edited by bigwilliebobby, 25 February 2017 - 10:25 PM.

• duke, Roy Cropper and Bubonik Chronic like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Coco

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.