36 replies to this topic

#1 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:22 PM

Two soil grows later and it was time to dip my toe into coco growing. 

Equipment:

120 x 120 x 180 Hydrolab grow tent.
Maxibright Ceramic Metal Halide 315W ballast 
Phillips Agro Grow lamp
Rhino Pro 125 Carbon Filter and RYK inline fan
Air Pots 10l
16l dehumidifier, 3 x 6” clip on fans
120W Green house heater, and a 2Kw electric heater. 
TT55 110watt 6500K Propagation
Canna Coco Coir
Great White Shark
Rhizo
Canna A&B
Canna PK 13/14
Epson Salts
Liquid Silicone
MagCal

Evolution Controller
BlueLabs EC and PH pen

Irrigation
62 litre Reservoir
Maxijet MJ-1000 Water Pump - 1000 l/hour
Blue 40 l/hour dripper stakes
6 inch air stone
150 w Submersible water heater
Internal water pump to move the feed around

Drainage
Micro-Jet MC 450 Pump
100 x 100 x 130 drip tray
Expanded Metal Mesh topping

ekvCng.jpg

Home made propagator seedling box

UnDTtD.jpg

13h83U.jpg

Auto Durban Poison®
Autoflower
Feminized cannabis seeds
GreenhouseGreenhouse
Seed to finish cycle        10-11 weeks
Production       XL
Sativa Dominant

Put two seeds in to germinate 10th Jan 2017. Using a mix of 50% coco coir and 50% seedling compost with Great White Shark mixed into the medium. 

tbdFdK.jpg

One of the seedlings started to do weird shit, got all wrinkled and after two weeks I ditched it and kept the healthy plant.

1st February 2017

t7pFRk.jpg

Initial experience with Coco was not all that good. I found that the mixing of the feed was a right pain in the arse. Chasing the Ph up and down like a first time coxwain on a boat chases the lubbers line. The other thing I had huge issue with was getting my head round the fact that unlike soil you water coco even when it is wet. Er obvious I know but...  So for the first two weeks and more I was only watering the coco every two or three days.  Hand watering at first I spilled the mix/feed all over my plants was not impressed with myself and coco at all.

Two weeks later 13th February and she is showing nice growth.

FCtVhE.jpg

Feed

EC base 0.3/0.4
Ph base 7.2
Feed 1.2
Ph 5.5 - 6.2  (Started the res out at Ph 5.5 and let the air stone increase the Ph to 6.2 by the fourth day)
Temp of feed 17'C

21st February and the girl has started to flower. Much taller plant than anything I have grown before, and much bigger all round.

EvhdD4.jpg

And this morning before feed and lights on

7dKXN2.jpg

Part two to follow.

• Budgie, hazed bunny, 2scoops and 7 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:40 PM

looks like you got the hang of coco now viz there will be no stopping you now!nice plant and should serve you well,mon the coco!!!!!!

• 2scoops, Dutchy and symbol 22 like this

#3 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:53 PM

Part 2

The aim of this grow was to get used to using coco. The single Durban Poison plant was lonely so she got a sister added to the tent.

yxPLxK.png

I really enjoyed the smoke from my Pepsi entry and was very keen to do a full grow. So here she is.

7th February 2017

G5nLJ3.jpg

My plan was to add a plant every three weeks to the tent, and as I really like Satvia based smoke I added another DP to the mix she is a couple of weeks old.

3Ibjzo.jpg

At this point I discovered the challenges of feeding different strains, and seemingly having to deal with the different likes of the same strain. The THC Auto Bomb is a very light feeder. The same feed strength that my other plants (not shown in the images - Dutchy collaborative grow) were loving the feed. The THC Auto Bomb immediately showed yellow tips. No clawing just burnt tips when introduced and connected to my automatic dripper feed system.

13th February both the girls are doing well. The Durban Poison has been topped, her older sister was FIM'd

xq3ODG.jpg

A week later 20th Feb and THC Bomb has shot up.

znoxyB.jpg

And here are the girls this morning 27th Feb 2017.

uxFoDc.jpg

Currently running two dripper feeding systems. Same equipment, with the only difference on set of feed is for flowering plants and the other for the veg stage.

Thanks for stopping by folks, will try to post an update once a week.
  • Budgie, hazed bunny, 2scoops and 7 others like this

#4 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:01 PM

Shweet Viz mate,underated bomb seeds,I had some cheese bomb the other month lovely smoke .
  • duke, Dutchy, Viz and 1 other like this

#5 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:04 PM

looks like your getting the hang of this Coco  :)

• Budgie, duke, WalterEgo420 and 3 others like this

#6 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:26 PM

Kin hell Viz your a buzzy bee with these diaries :D . Glad your getting on with the coco after your early boo`s & hoo`s with it. They all look fab m8y, very nice. :)

• Budgie, duke, Dutchy and 2 others like this

#7 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:29 PM

Kin hell Viz your a buzzy bee with these diaries :D . Glad your getting on with the coco after your early boo`s & hoo`s with it. They all look fab m8y, very nice. :)

Cheers Jimmi2scoops, it is all one big learning experience mate. I don't mind messing up especially when I work out what I did wrong and don't repeat it. Sadly not so busybee as I should be. Work is just eating up time and I had hoped to update more often. Guess once a week is just going to have to do.
  • Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 2 others like this

#8 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:10 PM

By eck, blink and another couple of sexy ladies pops up, shame my local isn't like that :)

Good to see someone FIMming, I prefer it to topping myself, not as much stress and often get 3 tops growing out from the cut-site.

Are you 100% into autoflower grows at the mo?

• duke, Bubonik Chronic, Dutchy and 2 others like this

#9 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:56 PM

By eck, blink and another couple of sexy ladies pops up, shame my local isn't like that :)

Good to see someone FIMming, I prefer it to topping myself, not as much stress and often get 3 tops growing out from the cut-site.

Are you 100% into autoflower grows at the mo?

Well it just so happens that I have a photo-period plant or two lurking.

jw7rQG.jpg

These two have been prepped for some mainline training.

At the minute Auto's just happen to be what I have growing yes as. I desperately wanted some Durban Poison again and also really enjoyed the THC Bomb I grew before so they were high up the list. Photo's period plants allow much more experimentation and I like to play.

Edited by Viz, 27 February 2017 - 11:59 PM.

• Budgie, hazed bunny, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#10 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:06 AM

It's the best way to learn @Viz for sure....and I do like the odd experiment myself too., nothing to lose bar a bit of yield and everything to gain knowledge-wise.

• duke, Bubonik Chronic, Dutchy and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.