#11 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

***Update***

One week on and it is time for an update. The girls are progressing at a nice steady pace. The older Durban Poison is benefiting from being the first plant in the tent and having way more space to grow than the others.

This is her on Sunday before lights on.

bVbOld.jpg

Good Cola development.

dFgw3p.jpg

As you can see the tent is getting rather cramped and negatively effecting the other plants who are not as mature. A stark lesson in not putting to many plants in a grow space. 1.2 x 1.2 tent is what I use but clearly five plants is way to much. Four is the optimal amount I think. Oh well you live and learn.

gjnDiL.jpg

Have had to modify my drainage system and remove the expanded metal. The SuperRoot Airpots now sit in the drip tray as I needed the extra 12cm of head room due to the girls growing too tall for my tent. Tip of the Durban Poison was nearly into my light, and the THC Auto Bomb is now taller than the Durban Poison even.

Feed has been reduced to EC 1.0 and PH remains in the 5.7 - 6.2 range. The only heavy eater is the older Durban Poison girl. I picked up indications on the other two plants of over feeding and dialled them all back. Will supplement by hand if and when needed for the thirsty girl.

• Budgie, hazed bunny, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#12 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:13 PM

Update Time.  (finally)

Right it is time for the Viz weekly update. I like to start with a tent shot so that folks who have followed my grows can compare what has been before. As you can see my tent is a tad full. Well bursting at the seems is actually more accurate. It is too crowded for how I like it but I have no other options and have to just get on with it and make the best of things.

5lPpij.jpg

Top left is the THC Auto Bomb and this girl is the real deal. She is bushy, robust and getting very tall. Was quite concerned during her stretch as she just kept getting taller. The light is now held onto the cross beam with cable ties as using the hangers mean the top of the plant is in the light. I have also had to remove the drainage system as I needed that extra 13 cm's.

4ZvYfR.jpg

Just a different view of the THC Auto Bomb. She is a very light feeder and I have had to manage her feeds quite carefully as she shows on her tips the minute you have too much feed in her system. Anything over EC 1.1 (and even that was just on the limit) and she tossed toys out the cot. But working things out and hope she thrives.

arw61y.jpg

Top right is Durban Poison #1. By far the best looking plant I have every grown from a density and proliferation of bud sites. She is packing on the weight at the minute and if Jingo's Durban Poison is anything to go by, and I can get half as good a grow out of my girl then I am in for a very exciting last few weeks. She is without doubt showing me just how good Auto's are and especially how good Dutch Passion seeds are for strain consistency.

G66Vkx.jpg

Here are some close ups of the cola's and these are only the ones I can reach. I am not even going to try to take the girls out of the tent till they are done. Lots of lovely pistils and thanks to Capt Beefhearts tips with my previous grow I am certainly not over feeding this girl. She is however the most hungry of them all and would happily suck in all the nutes I can pump into her system. The others are a little more picky and show on their tips when the feed is too strong. 

m4gscU.jpg

The development is uniform on all the cola's and if only for more space I think she would set PB's for yield. She might still.

QDTT8J.jpg

Bottom right is Durban Poison #2. Now you can see what I mean about the consistency of the Dutch Passion seeds. Both Durban Poison girls are the exact same height for the main cola, and the secondary cola's are similarly the same heights. The plant is as bushy but limited by space. My fault I will not ever have more then four plants in my tent again.

vUlZt6.jpg

Top view of the second DP girl. Lots of growth and heaps of beautiful white pistils. Certainly a very lovely looking plant to grow. She is nearly identical in every way to her elder sister.

vJhBtU.jpg

Well we have a shot from the top and this is a shot from below the canopy. Both of the DP plants stems are the thickest I have ever seen in my grows. They have both been such easy plants to grow. Well happy with Dutch Passion.

hfS4zr.jpg

I spoke about consistancy of strain earlier. Much has been said about Barny's seeds being all over the place but that is most certainly not the case here. You can see the two Durban Poison plants in the image. Number 1 at the back and the younger plant in the foreground. At the minute they are exactly the same height as I said and you can see just how similar they look, even to the second and third cola's stems height.

MdNLQb.jpg

The final image is as per usual another tent shot. The girls on the bottom left are my grow with Dutch and they have taken off too.

grmPGs.jpg

Temp range:   18'C to 24'C lights on.
Rh 44% lights on to 56% lights off on the coldest night we had. Lots of rain and very humid so not surprised.

Feed schedule. 

Ph range 5.7 to 6.2
EC base 0.3
Canna A and B
PK 13/14 for two feeds when flowing started
Hammer head 4/10 for the duration there after
Mag/Cal
Raw Amino
Rhyzo
Great White Shark

EC feed is 1.1

So that is where I am at tonight. I go through 90 liters of feed every 4 days and the EC of the run off is 0.7. Thanks to all who messaged me their tips for Ph control I have it pretty stable now and thankfully I do not have to stress each day if I miss a feed. So far that has only been twice in the entire grow that I have missed a feed. The two dripper systems are working well.

#13 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:00 PM

Stop wikkling Viz :P they proper look fab from where i`m sitting. :D

• Budgie, duke, Dutchy and 1 other like this

#14 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

Stop wikkling Viz :P they proper look fab from where i`m sitting. :D

Well Jimmi2scoops they are going well that is for sure. Here is tonight's update.

Burns my arse to say this, but it is easier with coco thank with soil once you get it dialled in. I only have to calibrate my Ph pen once a month, I have my feeds worked out now for how the plants like it. My Ph issues seems to be a thing of the past. So with the system I am using, and only have to make up feed once every five days. Running two reservoirs due to plants being at different stages. So less work than with soil to date.

Update time.

So my tent is rammed. Not much room anywhere for any more lateral growth. The Durban Poison plants are stunning and man I am impressed with Dutch Passion seeds. Both plants are practically identical and the one in front is even taller than her older sister. The one downside with plants this size in my size tent is that taking photo's is getting rather difficult as the plants are now taller than the tent flap. I have had to remove the platform above the drainage system as I said earlier due to them growing so much. 

Well here is the younger of the two Durban Poison plants. You can see how she has squished up against the side wall of the tent but as much as I would love to give her room to grow there is just none to be had.

I3S5zc.jpg

She is about six inches taller than her elder sister, who is tucked away top right hand corner. All I can manage to get are images of her top canopy and the cola's that she is fattening up.

rjl0Ap.jpg

The images do not really do justice to the size of the cola's but there was no way I could introduce a coke can or similar to provide perspective. It is hard enough just getting the phone over her sibling and hope for a shot in focus.

h9Qknc.jpg

THC Auto Bomb is packing on the bud. Again it is very hard to get as shot of her due to the bushes in the front of the tent. Not complaining just saying. If she produces cola's in proportion to my Pepsi Challange entry, same strain, then I am in for a massive harvest. Lovely smoke, puts me flat on my back within minutes. 

2KLjJF.jpg

This is the only shot I could get of the canopy of the plant and her cola's. Not what I wanted but hey ho.  She is also packing on the bud. THC Auto is three weeks younger than the first Durban Poison and the same age as the second one.

q78iZQ.jpg

And finally the whole tent shot. I think it gives you an idea of the challenges I am facing and why I say that from now on only four plants in my tent.

NhwJaZ.jpg

Temp range:   18'C - 24'C lights on.
Rh 44% lights on - 56% lights off

Feed schedule.

Ph range 5.5 to 6.2
EC base 0.3
Canna A and B 
Hammerhead 4/10
Raw Amino
Rhyzo

EC feed is 1.1

Over all I am enjoying the coco experience thus far. I have had to rethink a few things, such as plants needing different feeds during different stages and as a result am now running two dripper systems. Thanks to Bulls for the parts list. 100 litres of feed is made up ever five days and so far so good.

Thanks for stopping by and having a look.

#15 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:11 PM

ha the old tent jungle routine aye!they do grow a bit big in the magic coco once you got it sussed and yes plant numbers can be reduced i have now gone to just 1 plant per drobe and so far have found it a bit easier and less risk lower numbers has to be good and of course having single strain scrogs helps og and vanila kush scrog was a pain!im glad you are happy with the coco growing,mon the coco!!!!!!!!!!!

• Budgie, Bubonik Chronic, Dutchy and 2 others like this

#16 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:47 PM

lubbly jubbly @Viz :weed:

and if you're biggest problem is taking pics through the jungle, it's a problem we could all do with :nod:

• Dutchy, Viz and symbol 22 like this

#17 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:30 AM

Quick hardware update.

Have placed a 16 litre dehumidifier in the tent. The increase in transpiration, girls are thirsty at the minute, has resulted in my RH creeping higher. Set at 45% and holding constant at 43% according to the Evolution probe. 

• Budgie, 2scoops, Bubonik Chronic and 2 others like this

#18 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

Yeah good move fella, your input got a  filter on viz? and plenty of fans ready, minimise voldemould and all that as its getting full in there??

• Viz and symbol 22 like this

#19 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:59 PM

Yip inflow has half inch carbon filter foam from a cooker hood.

• duke and symbol 22 like this

#20 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

Sneaky extra update.

Had the day off yesterday and needed to sort the tent out. Had two plants in there that were too big for the tent so removed them and re-arranged the deck chairs. What that means is I can now see my girls better and they should get better light coverage too.

Here is #1 Durban Poison girl. Lots of lovely cola's which are continuing to fatten up.

sWNWze.jpg

Some lovely close up high res images of the buds.

fZBjyn.jpg

You will notice a bit of leaf curl or canoeing, the fan was blowing directly onto the leaves and I had not way of shifting the direction due to the tent being too full. Now that I have moved two plants out I hope to get in there tonight and raise the fan or find some way to get it oscillating again.

pQlLl6.jpg

Main cola looking lovely

lwPaJP.jpg

The biggest or fattest cola's are those on the sides for some reason. And there is very little difference in height between the tips so maybe the FIM worked after all.

FLJJ6r.jpg

This is the THC Auto Bomb. She is really starting to pack on some weight now. Compared to the plant I grew for Pepsi challenge she is a monster.

4y0j8S.jpg

And last but not least is Durban Poison #2   She is taller than her elder sister and showing the exact same cola patter and development. Dutch Passion strains seem very consistent.

Q4KOaT.jpg

Photo's were taken during lights off and they are not nearly as dark green as they look here. That being said I have dialled back the feed a fair amount. Just in case, not keen to repeat the last error I made.

gYMj3g.jpg

Right that is all for now. I have a list of things I need to do in the tent and just need to try and find the time to get them done. 

Thanks for stopping and having a look.

• Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.