Gary C

Has dirty fingernails

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:41 PM

Afternoon ladies and gents!

So as promised heres where im at, 

Growing 4 plants all fem seeds, 2 shoreline, one pineapple chunk and one sour diesel. 

14 days in under 250w mh 20/4 cycle.

started in 1ltr airpots in canna terra seed mix with perlite (soil was the problem apparently will explain later)

used ph'd tap water with a touch of rhizo and silicon .

tent is 120x100x180, carbon filer with extractor and intake but not using till flower hopefully.

Had trouble with temps for a few days but sitting better now at 20/22 lights off 26/29 lights on with humidity at 47-69

So firstly they have been really slow and one of the shorelines started getting yellow leaves with the marks shown in the pic, others seemed fine but then all started yellowing slightly some more than the rest. when asked elsewhere people seemed unsure but then a few hinted it could be the canna terra seed mix as its apparently known to be too highly fertilized for seedlings.

So i was advised to repot into a less rich compost with peat and more perlite so i have potted them up into 15l airpots with  john innes seedling compost with alot more perite, I only did this a few days ago and it does seem to be greening them up up a bit.

So basically i didnt really get a definite on if they were hungry or over fed so i made my own mind up and touch wood so far so good.

Please feel free to let me know what you think, if im on the right track and how i could improve things at all! 

cheers gus, pics attatched i hope with a few of me new black lab/collie cross pups at 5 months 

Attached File  20170228_1043421.jpg   216.14KB   1 downloads

Attached File  20170228_1043211.jpg   290.58KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20170228_1043511.jpg   179.69KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20170227_1907301.jpg   89.07KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20170227_1910581.jpg   74.7KB   0 downloads

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 15 others like this

#2 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:03 PM

hi gary nice healthy hounds there now all we need is some healthy weed,i dont grow in mud but they look hungry to me idk about the seedling mix either but would doubt canna get it that wrong,i would say the feed in the seedling soil ran out and they been hungry since then with them that far gone it maybe though i hate to say it better of binning them and start over pref with a mentor of mud growing,or get some coco and follow the guide on the coconutters thread link in my sig i think but i not wishing a downer on you honest just my observations you could post and ask for a soil mentor,peace

• Zipp, Joe, Bubonik Chronic and 2 others like this

#3 Gary C

Gary C

Has dirty fingernails

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:15 PM

Appreciate the advice mate. I thought they looked hungry to start with too.
I did add some old timers grow to the last few watering and it has seemed kick them up the arse a bit with the leaves looking greener than they ever have and some new growth too....let me get amother pic up!

I'm inclined to hang on a bit as they are showing some signs of improvement

Attached Files

• Budgie, Dekay, The Dude Abides and 8 others like this

#4 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:30 PM

as there not autos its worth a go if you have a mist sprayer a foliar feed of veg nutes at high level misted with a fine mist spray on and under the leaves twice a day should help pick them up if there going to in a week to 10 days if they was autos id be binning them but i have saved worse!i do wish best of green luck,peace

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, Zipp and 3 others like this

#5 Gary C

Gary C

Has dirty fingernails

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:38 PM

Sound words mate thanks again, will do as said and report back in a few!
  • duke, Zipp, Bubonik Chronic and 1 other like this

#6 Solo Quin

Solo Quin

Organically High

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:51 PM

Hello Gary, I used terra canna professional and have never had any problems with however I haven't sued the potting mix as far as I know they are fully organic at least the stuff I buy is next time cut in down with some fresh worm castings you will see much better results. 

Edited by Solo Quin, 28 February 2017 - 04:52 PM.

• duke, Zipp, Joe and 3 others like this

#7 Gary C

Gary C

Has dirty fingernails

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:03 PM

Cheers pal, I may of got away with just feeding with the veg nutes in the soil they were in as they do seem to of noticeably perked up with a few feeds...we'll see,live and learn n all that!
  • Budgie, duke, Zipp and 4 others like this

#8 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:18 PM

seems to me you needed to of given give them  some feed they have that  small leaved/pale  look thats comes from  no feed  the canna tera seedling stuff says this

Young seedlings

The young seedlings are very delicate so do not place them in direct sunlight or close to a powerful growing lamp since this may burn them. Give the young plants a feeding solution that has a low EC (1.2) and add CANNA Rhizotonic to strengthen the roots. The seedlings are ready to be potted out when they have developed two or three leaves.

they look to be stunted a bit now they will come around prob  as they are not autos dont blitz them with to much light until they recover more treat em gentle like :P

• The Dude Abides, duke, Zipp and 4 others like this

#9 Gary C

Gary C

Has dirty fingernails

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:24 PM

Yeah I rekon so too! Hoping these girls can have a spurt now and show me some love!
  • duke, Zipp, Bubonik Chronic and 1 other like this

#10 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:28 PM

Looks like you caught them in time @ Gary C.

Whether it was the Soil is hard to say for sure but they didn't like something. Could be the mix of PH, silicon, and rhizotonic all at once threw things out. I wouldn't really bother with PHing in soil unless it is way out <6 or>7

As they are perking up I'd just carry on as you are and ignore those rubbishy leaves. Only thing I would probably do is give them a single feed or two of flower nutes if you have any, the extra PK helps with early root development.

• The Dude Abides, duke, Zipp and 4 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.