Photo
- - - - -

Will this be good enough to flower a 1mx1mx2m or is it a rip off.

Best Answer Budgie , 28 February 2017 - 06:55 PM

a 600w Halide and a couple of fans and bits is only going to be pulling around 800w. Your kettle runs at about 3000w.

So as long as all your grooms kit connections and wires are sound, you have a decent amp rated extension and a plug and grow contactor/timer in then it shouldnt be a problem.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 FunkyB

FunkyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:29 PM

I've just put my 4 Cali Orange into flower just over 2 weeks ago under a LED light which I now realise is nowhere near good enough. So I need a new light. I'm on a tight budget having to borrow. Will this flower 4 cali orange in a 1mx1mx2m grow tent? Or is it a rip off?

https://www.amazon.c... led grow light

Feel out of my depth here with so many scammers and false specs kicking about. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm in panic mode. Thanks :)

• Budgie, duke, Dex and 1 other like this

#2 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:45 PM

Probably a dodgy one @FunkyB.

It doesn't look like the latest design and despite claims of 900w.....(thats mathematical equivalence type nonsense)....it actually draws 250-260w. Take of 10% of that as a figure for thermal losses and it's only equiv to a 225 watt light. And, that will struggle to properly fill a 1m2 tent with green goodies.

I recently did a grow in exact same size tent, with a 440w Sunplus LED and even that wasn't as good as a 400w HPS but not bad.

Do you HAVE to go down the LED route? Because at that price you can get a good dimmable digital ballast, bulbs and a parabolic shade .

• Roy Cropper, Solo Quin, Dex and 4 others like this

#3 FunkyB

FunkyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:46 PM

or 2 of these?

Or this one?

• Budgie and Dex like this

#4 FunkyB

FunkyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:50 PM

Probably a dodgy one @FunkyB.

It doesn't look like the latest design and despite claims of 900w.....(thats mathematical equivalence type nonsense)....it actually draws 250-260w. Take of 10% of that as a figure for thermal losses and it's only equiv to a 225 watt light. And, that will struggle to properly fill a 1m2 tent with green goodies.

I recently did a grow in exact same size tent, with a 440w Sunplus LED and even that wasn't as good as a 400w HPS but not bad.

Do you HAVE to go down the LED route? Because at that price you can get a good dimmable digital ballast, bulbs and a parabolic shade .

I only have one plug socket to work with in the whole room. I'm buying a house as soon as this one sells and I'll have a grow space in mind when I buy it but in the mean time I'm stuck with just the single plug socket to run everything though in my room. So worried about fire risk. 

Edited by FunkyB, 28 February 2017 - 06:52 PM.

• Budgie, Dex and Dutchy like this

#5 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:52 PM

Couldn't say to be fair mate.

Once again though, it says 

• To replace traditional 800W HPS/MH while consuming only 392W!

A traditional 800w hps......thats so traditional no ones heard of an 800w HPS!!. 

I'd have a search for actual grows with the led's you are interested in, don't believe the manufacturers hype.

• Roy Cropper, Dex, Dutchy and 1 other like this

#6 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:55 PM   Best Answer

a 600w Halide and a couple of fans and bits is only going to be pulling around 800w. Your kettle runs at about 3000w.

So as long as all your grooms kit connections and wires are sound, you have a decent amp rated extension and a plug and grow contactor/timer in then it shouldnt be a problem.

• 2scoops, Roy Cropper, Dex and 3 others like this

#7 FunkyB

FunkyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:06 PM

I really don't understand all this. lol I have £150 to spend on a light set up to flower in my space.  Don't mind moving away from LED so long as it doesn't cause a fire risk.

Are there any trusted sellers who do kits in that price range that flower in my metre square grow space? I don't really trust anything companies say.

• Dex and Tobys smoking a fatun like this

#8 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:09 PM

Should be able to get a lumitek digital ballast£80, bulb £20, euro reflector £20, powesrtar contactir £20-25
  • Budgie, 2scoops, Dex and 4 others like this

#9 FunkyB

FunkyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:11 PM

http://www.growell.c...ing-system.html

This along the lines of what you're saying mate?

• Budgie and Tobys smoking a fatun like this

#10 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:12 PM

Have a look at the Lumatek and Maxibrights here :)

hook it up to one of these :)

and a Dual Spec or MH and HPS bulbs for £20. Works out about the same as the LEDS's you've been looking at.

• Roy Cropper, Dutchy, Tobys smoking a fatun and 1 other like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.