Photo
- - - - -

Will this be good enough to flower a 1mx1mx2m or is it a rip off.

Best Answer Budgie , 28 February 2017 - 06:55 PM

a 600w Halide and a couple of fans and bits is only going to be pulling around 800w. Your kettle runs at about 3000w.

So as long as all your grooms kit connections and wires are sound, you have a decent amp rated extension and a plug and grow contactor/timer in then it shouldnt be a problem.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#11 FunkyB

FunkyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:16 PM

Thanks :) I need to purchase fans too in that budget. Are all brands on here trusted? I can improve the tech grow by grow you see.

Also. Dimable or 400w-600w switchable?

Edited by FunkyB, 28 February 2017 - 07:17 PM.

• Budgie and Tobys smoking a fatun like this

#12 Ken Erbis

Ken Erbis

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:18 PM

Im not even sure you need a contactor with a digi ballast. Easy to get full hps setup for 150

https://www.amazon.c... grow light kit

spend the other 40 quid on a parabolic or go for a 400w and a couple of g of coke

https://www.amazon.c... grow light kit

edit that 400w looks a bit poo

Edited by Ken Erbis, 28 February 2017 - 07:18 PM.

• Budgie, Bubonik Chronic, Dutchy and 1 other like this

#13 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:19 PM

http://www.growell.c...ing-system.html

This along the lines of what you're saying mate?

Yup, but I do like the lumitek ones myself just personal lol
  • Budgie, Solo Quin, Dutchy and 1 other like this

#14 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:20 PM

Are we talking oscillating or extraction?

Oscillating don't last all that long so a couple from argos will do.

Extraction/filter is a different ball game and money spent wisely now is money well spent. Have a look at the SystemAir RVK fans. About £70 each, runs quiet enough and lasts for donkeys years.

• 2scoops, Solo Quin, Dutchy and 1 other like this

#15 FunkyB

FunkyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:23 PM

Are we talking oscillating or extraction?

Oscillating don't last all that long so a couple from argos will do.

Extraction/filter is a different ball game and money spent wisely now is money well spent. Have a look at the SystemAir RVK fans. About £70 each, runs quiet enough and lasts for donkeys years.

Oscillating mate. My extraction is sweet if not a little bit noisy. 

#16 FunkyB

FunkyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:30 PM

So I was thinking this

http://www.hydroponi...ga-ballast.html

this

http://www.hydroponi...ga-ballast.html

this

http://www.ebay.co.u...ekAAOSwnHZYSV~s

that will do 1mx1mx2m?

Edited by FunkyB, 28 February 2017 - 07:30 PM.

#17 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:58 PM

Yes @FunkyB. Switchable ones, so you can use them all through the grow and they're reliable enough to see you for a couple of years without needing to upgrade apart from new bulbs every year :)

I'm not sure about the cheapo bulb though, the Omega and Sun-master ones have decent spectrums, are proven to work and last. Cheaper bulbs tend to have not quite right light spectrum, fade really quick or simply pop/burn out unless you get lucky.

Digital Ballasts, they're not such a big a fire risk, just put your ballast on a couple of bricks and away from water and make sure your wiring/plugs/connections/extensions are all sound.

• Roy Cropper, Solo Quin, Bubonik Chronic and 3 others like this

#18 FunkyB

FunkyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:25 AM

Yes @FunkyB. Switchable ones, so you can use them all through the grow and they're reliable enough to see you for a couple of years without needing to upgrade apart from new bulbs every year :)

I'm not sure about the cheapo bulb though, the Omega and Sun-master ones have decent spectrums, are proven to work and last. Cheaper bulbs tend to have not quite right light spectrum, fade really quick or simply pop/burn out unless you get lucky.

Digital Ballasts, they're not such a big a fire risk, just put your ballast on a couple of bricks and away from water and make sure your wiring/plugs/connections/extensions are all sound.

I'm just having a look at Metal Halide and it says they're blue spectrum. Will they be ok for bloom mate?

• Budgie, Dutchy and Tobys smoking a fatun like this

#19 FunkyB

FunkyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:39 AM

Using http://www.hydroponica.biz build your own kit section. I can get a Lumii DIGITA ECO, 600w Lumi Sunblaster or Omega metal Halide and basic reflector for £88.99.

Would all that do 3 or 4 grows while I replace gradually with better? Also If so which bulb of the two? The Omega is 17 quid if bought on it own but only 9 quid as part of the build your own kit. :)

• Budgie, Dutchy, bigbadbillybob and 1 other like this

#20 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:32 PM

I'm just having a look at Metal Halide and it says they're blue spectrum. Will they be ok for bloom mate?

Metal hallide is for vegging and first few weeks of 12/12 then you switch the bulb around for a hps red spectrum for flowering, either that or just buy a dual spectrum 600hps bulb which will do both veg and bloom, i like the Sunmaster branded bulbs too.:)

Oscilating fans well i`ve had the same 3 speed living room stand type thing for donkeys years and it`s still going strong, it looks a bit battered with the mesh screen and stand chopped off, it`s hung in corner of my room on a yoyo and it still works a treat and it must 10 years old. :)

• Budgie, Roy Cropper, Solo Quin and 4 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.