Photo
- - - - -

Will this be good enough to flower a 1mx1mx2m or is it a rip off.

Best Answer Budgie , 28 February 2017 - 06:55 PM

a 600w Halide and a couple of fans and bits is only going to be pulling around 800w. Your kettle runs at about 3000w.

So as long as all your grooms kit connections and wires are sound, you have a decent amp rated extension and a plug and grow contactor/timer in then it shouldnt be a problem.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

Yeah, Lumii stuff is good i used thier dimmables for yonks and only had one fail out of 7-8, and it was replaced under warranty - they have a 5 year warranty, from date of manufacture.

You could get the lumii dimmable, a parabolic and a dual spectrum 600w bulb. The dual spec bulb would do for veg and flower, and the 600watts will knock your old LED into the middle of last week, yeild wise.

• Budgie, Solo Quin and FunkyB like this

#22 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

I'm just having a look at Metal Halide and it says they're blue spectrum. Will they be ok for bloom mate?

You can use them to flower with. It helps keep the post flip to flowering stretch down a little. And the plants seem to produce more Trichs under the Blue Spec than HPS, but probably don't yield as much as an HPS In Flower.

Using http://www.hydroponica.biz build your own kit section. I can get a Lumii DIGITA ECO, 600w Lumi Sunblaster or Omega metal Halide and basic reflector for £88.99.

Would all that do 3 or 4 grows while I replace gradually with better? Also If so which bulb of the two? The Omega is 17 quid if bought on it own but only 9 quid as part of the build your own kit. :)

Yep.  The Lumii bulb looks ok, plus it does have a bit of blue spec added to it so you can use it all the way through your grow. And for £89 quid all in you can't go wrong there for a couple of grows.

• 2scoops, Solo Quin, Bubonik Chronic and 1 other like this

#23 FunkyB

FunkyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

Metal hallide is for vegging and first few weeks of 12/12 then you switch the bulb around for a hps red spectrum for flowering, either that or just buy a dual spectrum 600hps bulb which will do both veg and bloom, i like the Sunmaster branded bulbs too. :)

Oscilating fans well i`ve had the same 3 speed living room stand type thing for donkeys years and it`s still going strong, it looks a bit battered with the mesh screen and stand chopped off, it`s hung in corner of my room on a yoyo and it still works a treat and it must 10 years old. :)

Yeah, Lumii stuff is good i used thier dimmables for yonks and only had one fail out of 7-8, and it was replaced under warranty - they have a 5 year warranty, from date of manufacture.

You could get the lumii dimmable, a parabolic and a dual spectrum 600w bulb. The dual spec bulb would do for veg and flower, and the 600watts will knock your old LED into the middle of last week, yeild wise.

You can use them to flower with. It helps keep the post flip to flowering stretch down a little. And the plants seem to produce more Trichs under the Blue Spec than HPS, but probably don't yield as much as an HPS In Flower.

Yep.  The Lumii bulb looks ok, plus it does have a bit of blue spec added to it so you can use it all the way through your grow. And for £89 quid all in you can't go wrong there for a couple of grows.

Cheers for the responses,

I've had a bit of luck. A mate has managed to obtain me the kit I need to finish this grow(bulb, 600w digital ballast and reflector) which will be with me in the morning. It has a vegging bulb so going to treat myself to a new bulb. Duel Spec or Halide or  HPS? I've not quite decided. Gone two weeks since the flip with inadequate lighting so wondering what would be best to help catch up on this grow?

I'll go for better quality kit now as I won't be restricted by a budget as I can buy a new piece every month. Happy days, money saved. :)

• Budgie and 2scoops like this

#24 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:57 PM

If it`s got a vegging bulb then just get a flowering full red spectrum bulb is way to go imo @FunkyB

• Budgie, Solo Quin, bigbadbillybob and 1 other like this

#25 FunkyB

FunkyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:05 PM

If it`s got a vegging bulb then just get a flowering full red spectrum bulb is way to go imo @FunkyB

That makes sense, then I have bit of time to have a Halide in place for the vegging next grow. So does that mean a CFL or sodium bulb? What wattage? Cheers fella.

Edited by FunkyB, 01 March 2017 - 07:10 PM.

• 2scoops likes this

#26 FunkyB

FunkyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:16 PM

I'm drawn to this. 

http://www.hydroponi...000-lumens.html

#27 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

That makes sense, then I have bit of time to have a Halide in place for the vegging next grow. So does that mean a CFL or sodium bulb? What wattage? Cheers fella.

Might it be a wise move to get the bulb same as what the ballast is when maxed out ? which is a 600watter dimmable yes ? so in that case a 600 High Pressure Sodium bulb (hps) red spectrum.

Mate are you new to growing weed ?

#28 FunkyB

FunkyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

Might it be a wise move to get the bulb same as what the ballast is when maxed out ? which is a 600watter dimmable yes ? so in that case a 600 High Pressure Sodium bulb (hps) red spectrum.

Mate are you new to growing weed ?

I certainly am. :)

• 2scoops likes this

#29 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

I certainly am. :)

Soon steer you rite then m8
  • 2scoops and FunkyB like this

#30 FunkyB

FunkyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:28 PM

Soon steer you rite then m8

Thank you kindly. I just wrote a much longer post but it's disappeared after posting. How strange.

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.