35 replies to this topic

#11 symbol 22

symbol 22

Sir ledalot

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:41 PM

Hi mate I'm not going to bore you with a long read sooooo here are my thoughts.

HPs work, LEDs (depending on what you buy) work. Both have positive and negative points, imo led come with more positives. I've grown for near half my age now!!!. Started with hps now using led and I can tell you I'd never ever ever ever use hps again.

No one uses commodore computers any more it's all iMac etc
, people like to move with the times and technology, some have an attitude of if it's not broke don't change it!(hps user's lol)
Look at diary's do your homework that's my advice friend
  • Budgie, Lizardking, Ken Erbis and 4 others like this

#12 Solo Quin

Solo Quin

Organically High

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

There's no easy way around this got to do the research.
  • Lizardking, gingerb and markapple like this

#13 Solo Quin

Solo Quin

Organically High

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

I can't think of all the information off the top of my head but before buying a led I did a hell lot of research before making any purchase its true there are a lot of crap leds on the market, but it's also true that there are a lot of overpriced rebranded leds that comes from China. The reason why hps use more energy is because most of the power wasted on hps is either not usable to the plant ie wrong spectrum or is wasted in heat which simply gos straight into the air. Led on the other hand kick out less heat and the spectrum is all usable to the plant which is why leds are considered more efficient vs hps. I'm not knocking hps does a great job for a long time I'm using both atm there are many factors  to consider how many bands does the led have the more the better bands are different spectrums of light obviously the more the better advanced led have 12 bands as appose to some cheaper leds only have 7, lenses my led has 60/90 degree focused lenses to penetrate through the canopy you will want to be looking at the true wattage not the manufacturers recommendations. 

• Budgie and Lizardking like this

#14 symbol 22

symbol 22

Sir ledalot

• Respected User
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:27 PM

I can't think of all the information off the top of my head but before buying a led I did a hell lot of research before making any purchase its true there are a lot of crap leds on the market, but it's also true that there are a lot of overpriced rebranded leds that comes from China. The reason why hps use more energy is because most of the power wasted on hps is either not usable to the plant ie wrong spectrum or is wasted in heat which simply gos straight into the air. Led on the other hand kick out less heat and the spectrum is all usable to the plant which is why leds are considered more efficient vs hps. I'm not knocking hps does a great job for a long time I'm using both atm there are many factors to consider how many bands does the led have the more the better bands are different spectrums of light obviously the more the better advanced led have 12 bands as appose to some cheaper leds only have 7, lenses my led has 60/90 degree focused lenses to penetrate through the canopy you will want to be looking at the true wattage not the manufacturers recommendations.

Agree with some of what you have said but I've used 11+12 spectrum lights solo mate duel spectrum panal I've just used was, for results better than 11+12 spectrum LEDs.

Biggest thing for led as any grow is environment

Environment
Light
Feed
Get these right yav cracked it. Or have you lol

• Budgie and Lizardking like this

#15 Lizardking

Lizardking

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:26 PM

Thanks for your reply guys,looks like I'm gonna need to do a little research.and tbh,I'm happy how things are using hps...but I'm always looking to make improvements in my groom.
I'll take a bit of time and make a decision 👍🏻
  • Budgie and Solo Quin like this

#16 Solo Quin

Solo Quin

Organically High

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:03 PM

Agree with some of what you have said but I've used 11+12 spectrum lights solo mate duel spectrum panal I've just used was, for results better than 11+12 spectrum LEDs.

Biggest thing for led as any grow is environment

Environment
Light
Feed
Get these right yav cracked it. Or have you lol

I'm happy to copy and paste the information if you like symbol what is it you don't agree with and I'd be happy to debate it with you?

#17 symbol 22

symbol 22

Sir ledalot

• Respected User
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:22 AM

I'm not to sure all light with regards to more spectrum lights is used.....
Agree with what you say about certain manufacturer guides some are completely laughable but others from the higher end led manufacturer are completely legitimate (some) and spot on, more expensive LEDs don't use poor quality diodes such as bridgelux and epistar

Companies such as,prakasa, eshine, advanced led, viper and others are still using these diodes. I myself have used said lights with good results but these are I'd say your 1st wave of LEDs, LEDs which are being used now are much better and last longer, don't need to be over driven etc.

This being said company's such as Mars are getting ready for a new wave of osram LEDs so I read on another forum.

You don't need to copy and paste solo just let me know your findings mate that's good enough for me my friend 😎
  • Budgie likes this

#18 Solo Quin

Solo Quin

Organically High

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:01 AM

I'm not to sure all light with regards to more spectrum lights is used

I said usable light why would a led grow manufacturers add anything apart from UV which increases trichome production and better replicates the natural sunlight.

which are being used now are much better and last longer, don't need to be over driven etc. It is common knowledge that led diodes if overdriven would burn out even the old leds run at half power so this is nothing new. 

You don't need to copy and paste solo just let me know your findings mate that's good enough for me my friend 😎

The information I read was a while back but you haven't mentioned anything that I didn't already know about basic stuff really. :D

Edited by Budgie, 11 March 2017 - 03:41 PM.

• symbol 22 likes this

#19 symbol 22

symbol 22

Sir ledalot

• Respected User
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:41 AM

@soloquin

That's the best way to keep it my mate basic. I won't claim to know it all mate just what I've found through trial and error what works for me.

I used Mars as an example! osram diodes are available now, photonics,kind,budmaster etc peace out solo mate

Edited by symbol 22, 09 March 2017 - 05:47 AM.

• Budgie and Solo Quin like this

#20 Solo Quin

Solo Quin

Organically High

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:06 AM

You have been watching too many growmouse videos symbol. The fact of the matter is neither of us are wrong for purely yield alone your method could be slightly better, but when it comes to quality & trichome production full spectrum is the key.

• Budgie likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.