11 replies to this topic

#1 Zephyr

Zephyr

Has dirty fingernails

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:04 PM

Hey all noticed my auto Colorado Cookies some leaves are yellowing she's on day 45 in coco been on ec 1.0 root stim, B52, and bloom a/b and ph down, been letting my ph drift between 5.8 and 6.2. Last night I gave em 0.8 as my ec out has been getting closer to what's been going in. I've not used any calmag this grow as last time I think it gave me some issues, and advanced nutes which I'm using reckon there's enough in their products. The 3 plants she's with are in flower but this cookies seems a bit slow. I'll give her a flush later b4 feed

Attached File  20170311_111451.jpg   181.9KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20170311_111503.jpg   113.57KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20170311_111554.jpg   217.89KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20170311_111541.jpg   203.31KB   0 downloadsAttached File  20170311_111512.jpg   165.92KB   0 downloads

Thanks for looking
  • 2scoops, Dutchy, Tobys smoking a fatun and 1 other like this

#2 mellowed

mellowed

The Untroubled One

• Sleeping Mods
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

Have ya calibrated ya ph meter recently mate?
  • Zephyr and Dutchy like this

#3 Zephyr

Zephyr

Has dirty fingernails

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:38 PM

Not for a couple of weeks think I got about 2 snorts of buffer 7 left I'll give that a go
  • Budgie and Dutchy like this

#4 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,585 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:26 PM

I`m not saying Advanced isn`t a top fert to use on weed growing section cus it is although it`s a bit pricey, but if i was you i`d be looking at some ferts that are made and tested in UK for our water like canna, growers ark or vitalink, i`m pretty sure that will cut out the defs in doing that, just my opinion that like. If your softwater ? trhen i`d possibly be adding 0.3ec cal/mag using those ferts irrelevant of what dribble it says on packet, remember coco hogs calcium and magnesium. I can`t see point in using b52 constantly through out your grow either Zephyr, maybe at stressfull times when you abuse them or say once a week, i much prefer superthrive myself though and i bet it`s a fraction the cost of that advanced stuff.

• Budgie, Dekay, Zephyr and 3 others like this

#5 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:30 PM

It's certainly looking like a Potassium (K) def and/or Zinc. I'm with them^^ Recalibrate your PH meter, and maybe give them a flush out to reset them again. :)

• Dekay, Zephyr, Dex and 2 others like this

#6 Zephyr

Zephyr

Has dirty fingernails

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:40 AM

It's certainly looking like a Potassium (K) def and/or Zinc. I'm with them^^ Recalibrate your PH meter, and maybe give them a flush out to reset them again. :)

Cheers Budgie I used up the last of me ph buffer 7 and my meter was out by 0.5 ish and gave the cookies a flush as she's the only one showing symptoms. See what happens after today's feed

I`m not saying Advanced isn`t a top fert to use on weed growing section cus it is although it`s a bit pricey, but if i was you i`d be looking at some ferts that are made and tested in UK for our water like canna, growers ark or vitalink, i`m pretty sure that will cut out the defs in doing that, just my opinion that like. If your softwater ? trhen i`d possibly be adding 0.3ec cal/mag using those ferts irrelevant of what dribble it says on packet, remember coco hogs calcium and magnesium. I can`t see point in using b52 constantly through out your grow either Zephyr, maybe at stressfull times when you abuse them or say once a week, i much prefer superthrive myself though and i bet it`s a fraction the cost of that advanced stuff.

Thanks Jimmi I'll have to do a bit of research on the nutes front, I had similar issues with a cookies last grow I am soft water think my base ec is 0.3 so last time used calmag a lot but have stayed away from it this grow (replaced it with b52 which I'll keep for a weekly treat from now on)
Hopefully cos my ph meter has been a bit out of kilter I should see some improvement but I have got some calmag I'll bung a bit in from 2moro
  • Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 3 others like this

#7 Zephyr

Zephyr

Has dirty fingernails

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:43 AM

Good call Mellowed I'm now out of ph buffer 7 but my meter is calibrated and was 0.5 out. Thanks m8
  • Budgie, mellowed, duke and 3 others like this

#8 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:01 AM

0.5 might not seem like much but it's a lot when it comes to PH. Looks like you've caught the trouble causer.

I'm sure that too much calcium locks out Pottasium as well @Zephyr, so maybe drop back a little on the amount of CalMag you are using.

• duke, Zephyr, Dex and 2 others like this

#9 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:32 PM

that low ec must be leading into some defs .

And I'd add cammag cos u said u r not using it right?
  • duke, Zephyr, Dex and 1 other like this

#10 Tobys smoking a fatun

Tobys smoking a fatun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:17 PM

Hey all noticed my auto Colorado Cookies some leaves are yellowing she's on day 45 in coco been on ec 1.0 root stim, B52, and bloom a/b and ph down, been letting my ph drift between 5.8 and 6.2. Last night I gave em 0.8 as my ec out has been getting closer to what's been going in. I've not used any calmag this grow as last time I think it gave me some issues, and advanced nutes which I'm using reckon there's enough in their products. The 3 plants she's with are in flower but this cookies seems a bit slow. I'll give her a flush later b4 feed

attachicon.gif20170311_111451.jpgattachicon.gif20170311_111503.jpgattachicon.gif20170311_111554.jpgattachicon.gif20170311_111541.jpgattachicon.gif20170311_111512.jpg

Thanks for looking

Hey mate, um cal mag? how come buddy? you only really need it if using r.o water or very low E.C water. or soft water. If you have hard water shouldnt be a problem at all really. so, good call dropping cal mag, its used regularly if you are using soiless mixes along with r.o water in hdro/coco...

so, 1.5 months of 1.0 ec made up of 3 products, hmmm time to flush with half strength nutes i reckon. Don't use just water as this can cause issues itself washing out those valuable exchange sites between root and medium. 

The leaf symptoms look alot like ph issues which when you have salt build up can affect the ph. 

Reset the ph with half strength nutes (assuming your back ground ec is around 0.4) i'd make it to around 0.6-0.7 E.c 3 times pot volume and run it through slowly to rid any build ups. Next feed go in with a 1.0 feed of just a and b nutes, drop the stim for now until shes back on track. If there is excess nutes in salt form comprising of mostly nitrogen from the grow feeds prior to bloom feeds, the nitrogen can hold flowering back some.

Strangely i'm feeling like you may have over fed that plant at some point during the veg stage

• duke, Zephyr and Cheeseman like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.