14 replies to this topic

#1 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:00 PM

Always wondered about this and never really found out.

But, can you reverse feminized plants to produce males, and would they produce viable pollen and subsequently produce feminized beans?

• Dekay, 2scoops, duke and 5 others like this

#2 rockycocky

rockycocky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

I don't know about turning them into Males, but you can use Colloidal Silver to make them produce Pollen.

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 4 others like this

#3 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:49 PM

I don't know about turning them into Males, but you can use Colloidal Silver to make them produce Pollen.

Yes, but, if the seeds are feminized to start with.....does that mean they don't have any male genes in them...if so, where would the male 'expression' come from if you did CS them in the usual way?

• Dekay, 2scoops, duke and 3 others like this

#4 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:58 PM

Always wondered about this and never really found out.

But, can you reverse feminized plants to produce males, and would they produce viable pollen and subsequently produce feminized beans?

not sure but would suspect that even if it was possible god knows what genetics you would end up with?i do know breeding with fem stock is not a good idea as every generation has a higher rate of herms,genetics is fascinating but tricky subject its that can we?should we even if we could?good luck finding an answer i would only be guessing,peace

• Budgie, denots, Joe and 1 other like this

#5 rockycocky

rockycocky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:33 PM

Yes, but, if the seeds are feminized to start with.....does that mean they don't have any male genes in them...if so, where would the male 'expression' come from if you did CS them in the usual way?

I have no idea sorry. All i know is that if you spray bud with CS just before putting them into flower, the buds turn into pollen sacks.

I thought the seeds you got were exact clones of the original plant?

• Budgie, denots and Dutchy like this

#6 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:00 AM

Its sounds a bit like rodelization (but your not so much making males but it is making fems from fems) when you leave a female plant longer then you know it goes till nanas form, just a few here and there not a true hermie as such, after drying you collect the sacs in plastic bags stored in fridge, you need to have the same strain ready in first couple of weeks of flower and you pollinate them with the pollen you collected and get female seeds, so it would take two runs.

• Budgie, denots and Dutchy like this

#7 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:20 AM

I get the cs/selfing methods.

Perhaps I should edit the q to read 'male bracts/ parts on already feminized plants' (not regular females)

Would it viable, with stable femmed offspring being produced, if it produced bracts at all?

Fems do kick out nanas but they're not pollen sacs in the accepted sense.
  • Dekay, denots and Dutchy like this

#8 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:46 AM

@budge  Budge, are you saying that a fem having nanas wont produce pollen thats viable for pollinating fems ? Im a bit confused here tbh

• Dekay and denots like this

#9 Dekay

Dekay

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:53 AM

Cannabis plants become male or female by the xy, xx jobby inprinted but they both have the ability to hermie not outright change sex as a survival trait under stress so I dont get it :P

• 2scoops and denots like this

#10 Dekay

Dekay

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:01 AM

Thanks for making my head hurt before settling down btw lol.

• Budgie and denots like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: feminized, sex reversal, males, with added farty bits, tgc, the green circle

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.