16 replies to this topic

#1 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

I was just looking at @stephen07 grow and his current oil run....the iso solution reminded me of creme de menthe :beer:

And then I had a brain fart. It goes along the lines of...why not put the filtered iso wash in a litre of voddy or something. Evap the iso off and you get instant cannabooze/tincture?

Never had or made it myself so just puting it out there.

What do you think? Shall I spray air freshener around my head or am I onto something?
  • Mrs Willy, Dekay, duke and 2 others like this

#2 Charnel

Charnel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:07 PM

We used to soak cannabis in vodka back in the day I cant say If it did anything but we sure got drunk :)

Tr see what kind of ratio you would need to dissolve a small amount of oil in say vodka aka a oil hit in a double shot :P sounds dangerous!.

Experiment and report back worst case you get a bit of heart burn :) and best case a new CannaSlamma for the braai.

Edited by Charnel, 13 March 2017 - 07:08 PM.

• Budgie, duke and Dex like this

#3 Ken Erbis

Ken Erbis

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:11 PM

I was just looking at @stephen07 grow and his current oil run....the iso solution reminded me of creme de menthe :beer:

And then I had a brain fart. It goes along the lines of...why not put the filtered iso wash in a litre of voddy or something. Evap the iso off and you get instant cannabooze/tincture?

What do you think? Shall I spray air freshener around my head or am I onto something?

edit; just looked iso is lethal, ignore my suggestion. Possibly why we had the hangovers from hell

Answer: Rubbing alcohol is not ethyl alcohol (beverage alcohol), but isopropyl alcohol, a totally different chemical than the alcohol of beer, wine, or liquor. The lethal dose of isopropyl alcohol by mouth in adult humans is about 8 ounces. Another kind of poison is wood alcohol.

Edited by Ken Erbis, 13 March 2017 - 07:15 PM.

• Budgie, duke, Funky and 1 other like this

#4 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:20 PM

feck me i had to read that 4 times for christ sake no do not ever consume isopropyl it is poison in enough quantity and at best will make you bloody sick,but alcohol fit for human consumption as high a proof as possible and soak weed in it for a week and filter it you have a tincture but def no isopropyl guys!!!!!peace

• Budgie, W.S, Charnel and 1 other like this

#5 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,603 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:21 PM

Could you not just wash it in vodka filter and drink that fucker ? I`m going with brain fart Budgie. :)

• Budgie, duke, W.S and 1 other like this

#6 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:28 PM

Agreed ken and duke, but you'd be evapping off the iso which should go first before the drinkable stuff...or would it combine with the alcohol in the voddy and make something too dodgy?
  • 2scoops, duke, W.S and 1 other like this

#7 Zipp

Zipp

Coco Automatic Mod'ness

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:18 PM

NO ,  lmao the vodka will evap first me thinks budgie and anyway circlers don't try this lol :flog: ... you'll wake up dead 

ps im doing my oil a bit dodgey as well budgie in the oil rig but i do leave my oil in the slow cooker an extra hr now after i think its done :drunk:

• Budgie, duke, W.S and 1 other like this

#8 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:19 PM

you'd be evapping off the iso which should go first before the drinkable stuff

I doubt that very much.

You'd almost certainly need to distil the mixture to separate the alcohols effectively, and even then the ethanol, with its lower boiling point, would be removed before the isopropanol.
  • Budgie, duke, Zipp and 2 others like this

#9 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:24 PM

Could you not just wash it in vodka filter and drink that

Yes, you can, but it's less effective than using a pure alcohol and it requires a longer soak, which allows the water content to extract a lot more water-soluble stuff.

Give it a go yourself — Get a small (half- or quarter-) bottle of something and soak some ground cannabis in it for a while.

The stronger the spirits, the better the end result, but it'll probably taste filthy whatever you use ;)
  • Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 2 others like this

#10 Mrs Willy

Mrs Willy

Flump no1

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:26 PM

I like it. Its logical and often trumps the scientific approach.

We have garlic/chilli/that curry vodka to name but a few, so why not.

Ive no idea how it is made, but i do have a bin liner of frisian ducks in my loft that need using up.

So happy to try it out. I have time off from 3rd April = 2 weeks, so happy to do a car crash thread and have a go.

I think maybe its a case of doing an ice hash run, then putting all the good bits into the vodka, then boiliing it all up in a suacepan.

MDS used to do ganja wine and swore by it. Not sure what he did, but think it was a case of trichs into fermentation process. he said it tasted gross, but got him v shitfaced.

tell me what i need to do and ill have a comical go on my time off.

• Budgie, duke, W.S and 3 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.