13 replies to this topic

#1 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:17 AM

I've just realised that I've never actually done cloning in water. I usually just cut, slice, scrape, dip and into muck or pellets.

Has anyone any tips or can put up a quick guide? Do you need to add anything into the water?, how often do you change the water? Do you prep the cuts in the usual way? How long does it usually take?

Thanks in advance :mr:

• Dekay, duke, denots and 4 others like this

#2 Ken Erbis

Ken Erbis

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:19 PM

eh up budgie,

prepare your cutting as usual, no point using rooting hormone. Add a little asprin or even better boil the water with willow bark first. If you dont have either dont worry. Put the cutting in water so water covers the bud site where you want the roots to form. It should start rooting in a week or so. If you have an air pump this will increase probability of it taking. You can change the water every few days. Above all ignore everything I say as I know feck all about growing flowers.

ken

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 7 others like this

#3 symbol 22

symbol 22

Sir ledalot

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:47 PM

when I take cuttings an ez clone aeroponic cutting machine. No clone x, or any other rooting hormones, nothing needed in water, no water change until rooted then just transfer to medium
  • Budgie, duke, denots and 3 others like this

#4 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:39 PM

I just took 2 this way they are in small brown bottles so light doesnt feck the water up too much, it`s first time i done it myself Budgie but they get the water changed every few days and slung back in veg cupboard not under direct light, they look lovely and they are standing proud at about 8 to 10 days old now. I shall let you know how i get on mate. :)

• Budgie, Dekay, duke and 5 others like this

#5 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

in a clear glass on my kitchen windowledge and change the water regular and have added wilkos pour and grow seemed to speed root growth,also a tip i learned doing bonsai if you wrap the chosen stem on a mother with black tape for a couple of weeks when you clone it it will root much faster as the hormonal changes needed to grow roots have been kickstarted on that portion of stem,peace

• Budgie, Dekay, denots and 4 others like this

#6 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:29 AM

I cut the stem different for water, when rooting in soil/coco/cube I cut stem slanted as much as possible for as much surface area as possible to be in contact with medium but in water I take a straight cut of stem so it releases those self healing juices and lowers the risk of infection I think and the bottom will heal up and it will root from sides massively in water, these are all roots coming out; Water changed daily, reckon a bubble cloner be best bet though fella I just cant be arsed I have these under a regular spotlight with a 30 watt cfl bulb to root I dont think they like a lot of light for rooting but again just my opinion.

gallery_16_542_133803.jpg

EDIT i do this in a clear glass as well :)

• Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 5 others like this

#7 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:31 AM

Nice rootage @ Dekay :nod:

Need a steady hand when potting them up I take?

• Dekay, 2scoops, duke and 2 others like this

#8 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:37 AM

Nice rootage @ Dekay :nod:

Need a steady hand when potting them up I take?

You can knock them off if not careful but I normally leave them longer but since the first cut taken been getting better and better sized initial cuts taking colas to root, the roots are a lot more now and the plants are doing better by loads in yield in ever smaller pots, its just a case of prepare the hole first dampen soil create a channel and let them dangle in ;)

• Budgie, 2scoops, duke and 3 others like this

#9 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:20 PM

My 2 have rooted through @ Budgie, ill get pictures up when i take some. :)

• Budgie, Dekay, duke and 2 others like this

#10 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,599 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:27 PM

Here one of my wifi og x gg#4 has shown new rootage if you can see it @ Budgie.

13 (28)
13 (27)
13 (31)

• Budgie, Dekay, duke and 5 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cloning, Water, clones, propogation, cannabis, tgc, with farty bits

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.