29 replies to this topic

#11 gingerb

gingerb

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:45 PM

I'd say garage, but put the whole grow inside a tent and vent out of garage.

If money permits for tent, can pick bargains up via ebay or gumtree re cheap tents.

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 3 others like this

#12 Funky

Funky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:51 PM

The motorbikes are a good cover for making noise and spendng time in there.

He needs to be able to open the front door of the garage when he's growing just in case.
  • Dekay, 2scoops, smokin soul and 2 others like this

#13 rasputin

rasputin

Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:52 PM

ok outside hes going to have to use insulation ,,, so use the loft . to be safe use insulation under the tiled area ie under the roof this will keep temps stable in the summer and winter if done right . if your willing to spend money doing garage or shed that moneys better spent in a more secure place like your loft if insulated right . plus insulation under tiles could help not being detected throu whole loft becoming a bit warm lol ..

• 2scoops, smokin soul, denots and 1 other like this

#14 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:02 PM

I was round seeing him today, and we have agreed that the loft is too small, cramped, and the poor old c*nt can hardly get up the ladder himself, far less with buckets of water, nutes etc etc.

He is doing this on a real tight budget as well, well tight for the size of the room/ tent etc.

So far we have got the following

Tent - 160 quid

Lights *4 600w HPS on dimmables- £400

8" RVK L1 fan and rhino pro filter -£250

Controller - 150

Fans duct etc 100

Air pump and stones -100

ec and ph pens- unfortunately its gonne have to be the cheapos for now, so 30 quid.

60 litre totes, im lending him mine cos i can hardly use them just now can i?

Cant think of anything else, but have probably forgot something, oh nutes will be ionic, another ton on them.

Bloody expense!!

I am chipping in with some cash for the framing, plasterboard, insulation and will do the taping, screwing etc , and he will repay me at a later date.

Passive intake

Im actually getting quite excited for the old bugger, just wish i was doing one for myself  as well.

Bah!

#15 rasputin

rasputin

Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:08 PM

garage then init lol

• bigbadbillybob likes this

#16 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:29 PM

When you come to do the framing it might be worth staggering the uprights so that the two skins are isolated from each other.

post-7-0-79964200-1491510570.png

eta: That's exaggerated - I imagine an offset of a few mm would probably suffice.

Attached Files

#17 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:50 PM

was speaking about this today and reckon we will double sheet the internal side of the framework with accoustic plasterboard. two layers. seperated by drywall bar for soundproofing

we were thinking about using horizontal drywall framing bars mounted to rubber where it connects to the uprights.

i would then have the plasterboard placed lengthways up an down for one layer, the joints would be taped joints, then plasterboard horizontal for the secondt layer, which would also be taped.

i used to be a construction manager/  specifier, so know about accoustics and soundproofing.

ive also spent a fair bit of time on music websites, particularly topics about soundproofing studios, which should help.

Am still undecided about insulation type - rockwool slabs or celotex/ kingspan.

celotex is just too bloody expensive so its looking like rockwool slabs

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 1 other like this

#18 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:52 PM

oh yeah, the cover story is that hes making a spray booth to paint his motorvike parts, whivch will hopefully mean no raised eyebrows if the fan is heard by neighbours.

good idea eh?

i came up with it ha ha

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 2 others like this

#19 Slippery

Slippery

Ganga Ninja

• Respected User
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:11 AM

When you come to do the framing it might be worth staggering the uprights so that the two skins are isolated from each other.

post-7-0-79964200-1491510570.png

eta: That's exaggerated - I imagine an offset of a few mm would probably suffice.

Thats a bit overkill Missy IMO, would be good if there is a lot of vibration but I don't think that will be an issue. You can get acoustic quilt, similar to loft wool but denser, a 50 or 70mm inside with standard plasterboard would be plenty. The fans and vents would be the biggest problem so make sure they are on your mates garden side.

I would also build a stud wall behind the front door and sheet with ply on the outside, quilt inbetween and plasterboard on the inside.

• Dekay, smokin soul and Bubonik Chronic like this

#20 Bubonik Chronic

Bubonik Chronic

Smeghead

• Respected User
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:40 AM

Oh yeah and obviously box the fans and add a inline silencer and the fan and vent noise should be kept to a minimum.
  • Budgie, smokin soul and bigbadbillybob like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.