11 replies to this topic

#1 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:51 PM

Right I've been out of game a while over a year 😭 think I'm missing something I'm in soil and I'm getting ph lock out but can't find the source of the problem I've checked the tap water recalibrate my pen 3 times checked the perlite I'm using checked everything only thing is off is the run off and it's coming out at 5.8 I'm ph'ING to 6.8..

Ps good to be back at it but no diary maybe a few cheeky pick now and then if that's ok

Or Yeh rangers doing bulks and kush

• Budgie, duke and Roy Cropper like this

#2 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:55 PM

Hello there mate.

For a start there is no need to mess with Ph if you are growing in soil. The soil will act as a Ph buffer. So just leave it alone and enjoy your grow.

Regards

• Dekay, duke, Roy Cropper and 1 other like this

#3 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:07 PM

Even if my bio rizotonic put the ph upto 7.8
  • duke likes this

#4 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:09 PM

And run off is that normal. I'm a coco guy but the travelling I've got to do thought ide be better off in soil. Bur 5he time I'm spending their now wish ide gone coco 😂😂
  • duke likes this

#5 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:09 PM

Yeah, messing with Ph when growing in soil will cause a world of hurt down the road. None of my soil grows did I bother with Ph'ing the water.

• Budgie, Dekay, duke and 1 other like this

#6 Viz

Viz

Thirsty for knowledge

• Hidden Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:10 PM

And run off is that normal. I'm a coco guy but the travelling I've got to do thought ide be better off in soil. Bur 5he time I'm spending their now wish ide gone coco 😂😂

Soil is way more easy and less time consuming than coco.  Just give your plants a solid water with some run off and you are good to go for three to four days without needing to water/feed again. 

• Budgie, Dekay, duke and 1 other like this

#7 Budgie

Budgie

Trill Seeker

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

Hiya @The Clone Ranger, long time no see :ninja:

yeah, 5.8 is fine so don't be fooking around with PH up/down. Soil can go acidic, especially peat based soils when lots of nutes are used. But just get some dolomite lime and sprinkle that on the top of the pots, not much mind. Start of flowering is good time to supplement as well. You'll only really need lime in the original soil mix before you start and a week or two into flower to see it through to the end (helps against calcium defs as well)

What are the symptoms of the 'lockouts' you have btw?

• Dekay, 2scoops, duke and 2 others like this

#8 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:29 PM

i did wonder what you was up to playing in the mud!but like the others have said in decent mineral soil you should have no need to ph atleast i never have in my mud growing days of yesteryear im just getting to grips with a 50-50 coco/soil mix in my garden and so far not sure what to make of feeding requirements and just hope i can read the plants as there veg not weed!peace

• Budgie, Dekay and The Clone Ranger like this

#9 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:29 PM

Dying off from the bottom but all they had is 1ml cal-mag for hydro and soil and 1ml rizo ph to 5.8. But will leave ph now . And as for big bud and pk booster and bio canna boost am I good to go with those??
  • Budgie, Dekay and duke like this

#10 The Clone Ranger

The Clone Ranger

THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:30 PM

Thanks guys life savers 👏👏
  • duke likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.