46 replies to this topic

#1 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:08 PM

I just thought i would post up a quick review on Greenhouse seeds super lemon haze.

Let me start by saying that im no a great fan of greenhouse seeds in general, because they have some truly shockingly bad strains, but they also have a few good ones and this is one of them, along with exodus cheese and thier lemon skunk is a decent smoke.im sure there will be others too.

So super lemon haze, Its a cross between lemon skunk and super silver haze.

positive aspects of this strain are the ease of growth. Ive done them in soil and hydro, and if im perfectly honest, the soil grown organic bud tastes better, but not by much, compared to the hydro.

The taste is er, how can i put it, an aquired taste, some like it, some think it tastes rank, but thankfully i like it. Saying that i also used to drink pernod!. There is a lemon pheno which does actually taste lemony, but you will be lucky to find it. Mostly it just tastes of weed. Im no connessuor of weed to be honest, it all tastes like weed to me. A mate thought is tasted of smelly socks? fuck knows how he knows what smelly socks smoke like, but hey ho.

Growth wise it is a belter, and produces very well, if yeild is your thing. I used to veg them for 4-5 weeks, with at least 3 topping sessions along the way  I always did it to at least 10 weeks of true flower (from sight of first pistils). It tstes slightly stronger if you cut it at 9 weeks, but i preffer more ambers, like about 30-40% amber, the rest cloudy. A mate used to cut his at 8 weeks, but it was racy as speed, i didnt like it.  It also shows first pistils remakably quickly, sometimes it has been as soon as 4-5 days from flip.

Its a cal mag hungry strain, in my soft water, and can take a lot of feed. which is unusual for a haze strain I used to veg these for 4-5 weeks max in rdwc or bubbler, and end up with at least 8-10 ounces a plant. i never fed them at more than 1.0 EC in hydo, during veg. They take well to topping and supercropping so do it, if you want the best from this strain. They like a decent amount of nitrogen in veg too, for best results. Dont over do the pk on these tho, they are a bit more susceptible to burn if you over do it, must be the haze in them, as haze strains are known for being a bit fussy with boosters imo. Its also worth keeping them on grow nutrients for the first couple of weeks flower, and keeping the metal halide on them , to keep stretch within reason. They will stretch at least twice the height of vegged plants or 3 times with the 0-0-0- pheno (see below). I would also feed them no more than 1.4-1.6 EC in flower, reducing the feed in the last few weeks to prevent issues.

There are a few different phenotypes, but one of them is better than the rest. From what ive grown there is the stretchy sativa leaning pheno which seems to grow bud  staggered along the length of the stem, like this ---0---0--0-0-0--0, then there is your normal bud formation slightly more indica/ lemon skunk leaning one, and then there is the true indi/sat hybrid pheno, which grows large fat buds which will need supported by 6 weeks. Guess which one i like? thats right, all of them ha ha. No i preffer the more lemon skunk biased pheno. I cant be arsed with energetic speedy head rushes, i preffer to be stoned when im stoned. This was why i decided to do lemon skunk (unfortunately never got to finish them, ahem)

Buzz wise, its energetic and uplifting, but you can still do stuff on it.

if you have the --0--0--0 pheno its abit hazy, as you would expect from its growth pattern and can be a bit much if you over do it, its like speed. A mate used to give his bird some and watch in amazement as she cleaned the house to OCD spec. lol.

Talking about the ladies, its also a very nice strain for making out with the fairer sex.

The other phenos are not as intense, and i preffer the buzz from them. These phenos give you an equal body / head buzz,  there is also the lemon pheno, which actually does taste lemony, but mostly they dont taste lemony, altho i had a higher proportion of lemon flavoured bud from soil, so maybe its a hydro thing fack knos. Its a fair old buzz too and gets me stoned for a good while, which can only be a good thing. Its fairly strong i would say.

I think that about covers it, cant think of anything else to say, other than - try it, you might like it

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 13 others like this

#2 DoubleTrouble

DoubleTrouble

Advanced Member

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:06 AM

aye greenhouse seed's have some terrible picking's, but this stands out for the rest. the earlier version was far better aswell, sadly that lemon pheno is a right bastard to find as you've stated. if you want lemon tasting bud's, and little variation in phenos - id go with DNA's lemon :)

• Dekay, 2scoops, denots and 6 others like this

#3 Solo Quin

Solo Quin

Organically High

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

I've never had any trouble with GHS though maybe time will tell but so far so good, just finishing off a lemonade lemon skunk auto from Victory seeds! has a very fragrant lemon scent grown in a living soil organic style. 

• Dekay, denots, fairy and 3 others like this

#4 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:55 PM

Nice write up its better to have a members view on them as these strains can vary with phenos, saying that If I grow anything lemon I want lemon, the lemon stinky use to be so good, lemon cheesecake did smell of it but tasted like cheese with fairy liquid on it, so growing these next (next week or two) DNA Florida  Lemon - Just when you thought we brought the best with the Florida OG we crossed her into our multi cup winning Lemon Skunk. The result is the big yielding Florida OG hybrid that has an over the top lemon aroma! What was once a lower yielder in Florida OG became above average with sick almost rotten lemon smell. The concentration of the lemon terpene is amazing, as the flavor stays somehow Kush! Fast flowering in 8 weeks max. and great resin production fast. The medicinal value is high as Florida Lemons will stimulate appetite, help sleep, as well as being strong enough for heavy pain suppression. Think clear, smell lemons with all that OG Kush flavor you’ve grown to love!

• 2scoops, denots, fairy and 3 others like this

#5 bigbadbillybob

bigbadbillybob

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:36 AM

OOh the Florida lemon sounds like a winner, i look forward to seeing how she does, so remember and do a diary mate.

I was reading your post and when you said the lemon cheesecake tasted like cheese with fairy liquid i almost ejected my coffee. I thought your next sentence meant that you were doing them again ha ha, god i need a spliff to straighten my head out, its too early!

I only did a review on these because i have probably run about 30-40 of these from seed (not at the same time obviously,, over the years), and have a good idea on what they are like, phono wise anyway.

I have read reviews on strains before and thought "how can you post a review on a strain that you have only grown one of?" doesnt make sense to me. I also must have fried my taste buds because ive read strain reviews with comments describing the tase like "earthy". What the fuck does earth taste like then/? And fruity is another one.If i wanted to taste fruit, id buy an apple. Maybe its me, but it pretty much all tastes of weed to me, so apologies for not getting all Jilly Goolden (remember her- gawd she was annoying) with the flavours

Saying that, im sure more people could post up thier thoughts on other strains that they have done a few of, just to give us all an idea of what they are like.

Im still gutted i didnt get to finish my lemon skunk from DNA, i reckon it might have been "the one"

• Dekay, denots, fairy and 4 others like this

#6 Jboi

Jboi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:12 AM

nice post man. Deffo agree on smell and taste. Mine were 6 weeks veg and 9 week flower give or take. Very good strain one of my favourites 😊
  • Dekay, denots, Solo Quin and 2 others like this

#7 goochy

goochy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:49 PM

I agree, super lemon haze from ghs was one of my fav grows. I've heard mixed reviews on this bank but thought i'd give them a shot. I did a really long veg in soil and got around 12 oz off one of the plants. All mine were pretty uniform in the lemon smell so maybe I was very lucky. 

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, denots and 3 others like this

#8 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,608 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:23 PM

Yes i`d go with it tastes like smelly socks would taste if smoked lol :puke: it`s very similar to Freddy`s Best by DP which in itself was a tozzing smoke like SLH is but as for taste both these have a long way to go to get in my tasty bud book, definitely not my cup of tea. :pimped:

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 3 others like this

#9 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:29 PM

Lemon skunk by dna is a nice lemon, no smelly soak taste just lemon cake/sweets
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 5 others like this

#10 Naturegirl

Naturegirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:49 PM

I tried it years ago in Amsterdam when it came out and it put me to sleep lol too strong for me
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 4 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.