11 replies to this topic

#1 UNITED

UNITED

Autoflowerist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:56 PM

Looking for some info on one of these systems?

Seen a 4pot system which has 4 tubs aswell as a head tub. Also has a airpump.

Do i fill the head tub or something and how often do i need to change the res when i do decide?

Thinkin going hydro next you see :)

Thanks

#2 iron justice

iron justice

your move creep....

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:02 PM

what system is it mate? i have grown in separate buckets before but not in a recirculating system, but if i was i would build my own as it would work better and also be cheaper..... 

res changes should be done weekly mate, and you keep topping the system up between changes... its a very very simple growing method if i am honest, and you get great results but you have to make sure your res temps are right or you will run into problems with root rot, i used beneficial bacteria to keep the rot at bay, but you can also use h202 as well... 

Peace.. IJ

• UNITED likes this

#3 UNITED

UNITED

Autoflowerist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:04 PM

Will get a ebay link mate

http://pages.ebay.co...5466414&alt=web

I would just use ice blocks to keep frozen change them daily.

Wouldnt mind a step by step on it :)

Edited by UNITED, 24 June 2014 - 11:06 PM.

#4 iron justice

iron justice

your move creep....

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:49 AM

That system looks alright mate, but the pots are small at 11l and its connected but not recirculating, so each pot will have its own little environment inside and it wont remix with the main res as there is no flow between them... you could get that system, get a mj1000 water pump and have that feeding the pots from the top and gravity will feed it back through the outlet pipes at the bottom.. so it would be fully recirculating then.. otherwise you may as well go for two single 20l dwc buckets... you could get away with no airstones then as well as the feed hitting the surface in the pots will create enough disolved oxygen... but as i said, i think you would be better of with a couple of 20l dwc kits and run them as single buckets.. the biggest ballache was doing res changes when the plants got big but i got a vacuum pump that i can pump six l at a time with so that took the hassle out of that... the ice packs do work, but again in them small pots your gonna struggle for room once you have your roots in there and the ice packs...

and its easy mate.. you just have to read the ec and ph levels and they tell you what to do.. 

these are the very basics...

ph falling ec rising means you lower the ec

ph rising and ec falling means you raise the ec

ph and ec stable means you have found the sweet spot..

what i learnt to do though was keep them slightly underfed so the ph keeps rising, i would set the ph low at 5.5 and let it swing up to 6.2 as the plant feeds.. this means it goes through the whole ph range and you wont see many deficiencies..... but you can find the sweet spot for that part of the grow and keep ph stable..

if you want a hand when you do the grow, or some help designing a basic system yourself that will cost less and be much more efficient than the one in the link... basically all you need is three tubs some piping a pump and some connectors, easy as pie to do as wel...

what size space you got and what light you running?

Peace... IJ

• Up2nogood, UNITED and fairy like this

#5 UNITED

UNITED

Autoflowerist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:48 AM

Was thinkin about going with roofqube 2.4 but might just go with a dr90 in same cuboard.

Hard to water in roofqube though
As no stairs to the loft..

How many autos in there? 4?

Maybe try for a 600w cooltubed with 6/8" extraction mate.

#6 iron justice

iron justice

your move creep....

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:24 PM

well i would go with 6-8 in that space myself, and can you get a water pump and pump water up there into a bin/res of something, you could fill the bath and then have the pump pump the water from the bath into your bin/res...?

• UNITED likes this

#7 UNITED

UNITED

Autoflowerist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

Was thinkin about filling a res with hose from bathroom?

wha i need to build system? what could i use as 100l res also..

Hope temps dont rocket? May do photos?

Run lights at night. Would flair spot 800-1200w light?

#8 UNITED

UNITED

Autoflowerist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

Temps in attic are 25c now @iron justice

Edited by UNITED, 26 June 2014 - 09:44 PM.

#9 iron justice

iron justice

your move creep....

• Respected User
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:55 PM

if you ran the lights in coolshades with its own ducting and fan separate from the main fan/filter then it should only sit a couple of c above the ambient temp in the groom... blow the hot air out of one side of the house at the eaves, and pull fresh air in from the other side and you should be fine... 1200w i would go for.. but you could get away with 400's as well though and might do better as it will be cooler.. saying that i get a digi dimmable 250/400/600w ballast of the bay for 67 quid delivered so you could use them and turn down if needed...

Peace.. IJ

• UNITED likes this

#10 UNITED

UNITED

Autoflowerist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:09 PM

were could i pull cold air in from mate? Would want a big 30oz plus yield so it a yearly thing.

Best goin photo 8plants 5weeks or just 4weeks veg?

2x dimmables
2x cooltubes
8/10inch rhino kit could that suck thru cooltubes?

5" intake from the befroom below?

Ac unit if needed

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.