70 replies to this topic

#1 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:37 AM

first a thank you to zambesa seeds for the grow out seeds ,  very good of you i hope to do them justice

ok so im doing two autos blue berry and two green monster  in fabric pots in lightmix compost 

i got a few   organic feeds like:

power feed, BAC bloom, BAC root stim, teas, carbs, kelp  and sea sol, :D

plenty of chemicals if needed , ;)

they have ecothrive charge mixed in the compost as well (got a few samples to try), for those that dont know its mealworm poop in bran its called dross or bruss or bross or sth similar lol i forget (been on the oil all week :P )

no phing either   which im liking a lot , i seem to be  moving towards organics slowly...... why?   umm..... good question! im not entirely sure :huh:

after a short ponder: :rolleyes: maybe its, as i get older i find ive got more of a affinity with the earth/nature and i like how everything fits together and balances out,  us as humans seem to fuck the balance up! so ill fix a little bit of it ,  and i want to be a hippy of course! ;)

the seeds germed well  when i didnt  cook them in the airing cupboard :(  

ive been busy building new lighting rigs again,  this run will be under 4 cree 3590, 3500k cob leds from start to finish  the driver is a 200w one and dimmable i cant run it on full it gets up to 28c on the canopy then, and i want the temp lower so ive got it on about 150w  the more i use these cob the more i see you dont need lots of watts unless you dont have the coverage then you crank up the watt and raise up the cobs

this is what it looks like

ok and the stars of the show

im trying a new type of canopy management with the modular screens to spread the colas out a bit

ok that is  have a great bankholiday monday guys

• The Dude Abides, smokin soul, duke and 11 others like this

#2 symbol 22

symbol 22

Sir ledalot

• Respected User
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:34 PM

Glad I'm 1st to wish you all the best with this bro lights look fantastic
  • The Dude Abides, duke, Forest and 5 others like this

#3 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:57 PM

thanks m8, you very welcome , its nice that a few of use have the same cobs now as well, we will soon learn what is best for them we all do it differently,

for me coco in fabric pots just dryes out to fast(24h) which leads to troubles, so the swap to compost makes sense for me, and i dont want to be watering every day,

im sure when on active hydro like you are with these cobs you are going to see some nice bud numbers ,
  • The Dude Abides, duke, Solo Quin and 6 others like this

#4 symbol 22

symbol 22

Sir ledalot

• Respected User
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:56 PM

Think you could be right mate. Pal of mine just hit 19 for 4 using eshine diamond series think it's 430 watt from wall and a grow sun which I think is 320 watts he has never hit numbers like that and is over the moon 1st time using led with coco very little training end hight Wat between 2 1/2 -3ft he thought he would be doing another grow but when I seen him this morning his room was back to normal and everything packed away till he needs to use the equipment again his smile this morning was priceless lol.

Lights look fantastic honest mate I spoke to Dex and the addition of dimmers and speed control for the fans is genius. Let that head of yours settle before trying to leave that room pmsl. Good shout that mate that's a growers perspective on what's needed for you if I ever seen one. Awsome

Edited by symbol 22, 01 May 2017 - 04:59 PM.

• The Dude Abides, duke, Solo Quin and 5 others like this

#5 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:16 PM

you to kind bro  thankyou ,  the fan speed control is mainly to keep the db  level down (i have to have stealth)

but the heat sinks ive used have worked out just fantastic , they  run so cool and the fans are very quiet even on full 12v,    you can just have the fans just  on tick over and still the heat sinks are cool to touch (i chose well) , also they move the air in the grow room with is a bonus imo

if we ever get to the position where the cobs do get close to the 50,000 hours hey will last  longer on these fan cooled rigs from what i read  over passives small spaces, but imo  we are more likely to change cobs before we get close to 50,000 hours, so a bit of a mute point ,

that 420w from the wall must be like a 900w hps no wonder he got great numbers thats some power  was he active hydro with the coco?

im talking to a uk company that is the main dealer for citizen cobs and they sell passive heatsinks etc etc , ive been doing lot of research and back and forthing of emails and im slowly getting some where, ive got some great prices for the cobs and they are within 5%-10% of cree  3590s output and a 1/3 of the price , ive not had prices for the heatsinks yet  so it will hinge on that if i use them or not , ive been seeing a trend of guys saying the passives  are not coping so well in tents unless you aim a fan at the sinks , can you shed any light on that please how do your sinks feel? have you got one of those ir temp guns? id love a temp from the top of the sinks mid light period please , but if you cant just a hand guess please , im trying to work out which is best passive or not , reliability isnt  really a factor  but you see it sited often,  these fan run in pc for years they are very reliable ,

im really interested in how your cobs do driven hard, , hows the heat? i read today that when driven hard 100W, you will have twice the heat of say a 50w ,

sorry i ramble when it come to leds lol

• The Dude Abides, duke, Solo Quin and 7 others like this

#6 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

Oush i hit jackpot and found this cobs talk already and im all ears :D

Nice selection of auto's buddy and looking forward to thise screen's I'll get some training from your diaries before i put an auto on the one i made :D

Good luck my brother and big up the cree cobs lol makers of some fat buds mun
  • The Dude Abides, duke, Forest and 5 others like this

#7 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

hi forest nice tidy work a1 for presentation i hope they serve you well i love a bit diy myself as you know im allways buggering something up!good luck buddy,peace

• The Dude Abides, Forest, Dex and 5 others like this

#8 symbol 22

symbol 22

Sir ledalot

• Respected User
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:37 PM

Sounds as though you been extremely busy mate but busy making progress,good on ya bro.all my pal done was hand watered everyday twice towards the end (a chore I know but he is happy lol).
Yeah I got the ir thermometer gun my lights go off at 6 am so il take a few readings from each unit and of course the tent temp. I have a fan blowing down on heat sinks il do tomorrow morning with this on then 6pm as lights come back on il turn fan off and take readings again at 6 am following morning i can put results on here if you want to use as a comparison to what temps yours run.

Tbh I was half expecting you to have a range of blue diodes in amungst your cob lighting. I will tell ya without the temp gun for heat sink without fan on them yeah they do get very bloody warm.
Here's one for you forest ....... Decent grow tents should impliment led diodes into there frames to act as side lighting right round then photonics or even your units to hang as normal above said plants. I reckon it would help ....... love to ramble too lol
  • The Dude Abides, duke, Dex and 3 others like this

#9 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:00 AM

thanks guys,  yes duke diy is most satisfying :P 

dex its going to be cool having three of us using these cobs

s22 that would be great  so you have found the same about needing a fan on them,  which defeats the object a bit dont you think?   thanks for taking the time to dig the ir gun out for me , most helpful i think im leaning toward fans  

im loving the compost in fabric pots the watering times should be much longer over coco  and my plants have lovely big fans and a rich green colour which i dont get so much in coco ,

cheers for your comments :D  :D  

• The Dude Abides, duke, Dex and 4 others like this

#10 symbol 22

symbol 22

Sir ledalot

• Respected User
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:22 AM

Tbh I've only put fans on due to my own paranoid head lol I hate heat in my grow. Il let the temps speak for themselves bro
  • Forest, Dex, Dutchy and 3 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blueberry, green monster, cree 3590 cobs

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.