70 replies to this topic

#11 Zambeza Seeds

Zambeza Seeds

Advanced Member

• Breeder
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:16 AM

Thats some nice installation you got there.  :P  Good luck!

• The Dude Abides, Forest, Dex and 3 others like this

#12 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:38 AM

I think because I'm in a colder area it's helpful to the cobs I put my In take coming with cool air coming down the tent and I have a fan to keep spinning the cool air plus the cobs fans do a great job my sinks has been pretty cold to touch at lights on..

And im same with soil forest :weed: I'm having better lookers with less work in the watering section :D
  • The Dude Abides, Forest, Dutchy and 3 others like this

#13 symbol 22

symbol 22

Sir ledalot

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:56 PM

As promised

Temps of cobs running no fan
Attached File  20170502_183613.jpg   53.18KB   0 downloads
Below with fan on after 10 min
Attached File  20170502_183906.jpg   44.23KB   0 downloads
Below temp above plants
Attached File  20170502_183640.jpg   40KB   0 downloads
This does rise to 26.5-27
Tbh @Forest I run extraction 24-7 if temps go above 26°c they kick in so that being said if the fans on cobs or not temps change by next to nothing. Tbh I probably don't need to run the fan my heat sinks are huge and I believe they can cope that being said fans circulation too so it's staying on. Ive noticed big difference already between cobs and led. cob plants are really going for it in flower now il do update on my page Friday show ya again both tents bro

Edited by symbol 22, 02 May 2017 - 05:57 PM.

• smokin soul, Dex, Dutchy and 3 others like this

#14 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:09 PM

Those temps are sweet m8. the fan makes a good difference but 50c is OK working temp

Thanks for that . I'll get a few passives to play with I think

My canopy is not as low as 23c . Growing in small spaces is problematic for temp's I guess
  • The Dude Abides, Dex, Dutchy and 3 others like this

#15 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:10 PM

Thats some nice installation you got there. :P Good luck!

Thank you .
  • Dex, symbol 22 and no1 like this

#16 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:09 PM

few pics  they two biggest one are at last touching the screens  , they both have very thick stems, so thick i cant even bend them, which  is a good thing the plants will have  stuff stored for  flowering, another benefit of cobs me thinks  ;)  :P

the plant at the side are ones that are not wanted :(  so they stay and live in poor conditions  and get a few experimental feedings 

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, smokin soul and 9 others like this

#17 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

Do you not use lenses with your LED builds @Forest ? i ask cus i seen a few 60, 90 and 120 angled lenses on FT which is what they generally use, pretty cheap too, i saw them the other day, in`t it said a mixture of diff angled lenses on the LED light should produce more, you can have them more angled for better coverage or lesser for better penetration into canopy, either that or other way around i forgot tbh, but did read using lenses on the LED modules helps quite some in growing depo.

Good luck with this grow as well by the way, they looking sound those plants m8. :)

• The Dude Abides, duke, Forest and 5 others like this

#18 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:48 PM

from what i read jim: you use optics when you are in a highbay situation or dont have mylar/walls ,  ill have  a look on ft to see which they are , you aim roughly  for 36w per square foot to be optimun and that is easy achievable  for us with out optics ,id like to play with some tho , you need a posh light meter i think to see what they will do ,

there isnt a penetration problem with cobs, they chuck silly amounts of light down more than a hid watt for watt, the lacking penetration  has come  from   the muti chip panels 

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 5 others like this

#19 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:00 PM

from what i read jim: you use optics when you are in a highbay situation or dont have mylar/walls ,  ill have  a look on ft to see which they are , you aim roughly  for 36w per square foot to be optimun and that is easy achievable  for us with out optics ,id like to play with some tho , you need a posh light meter i think to see what they will do ,

there isnt a penetration problem with cobs, they chuck silly amounts of light down more than a hid watt for watt, the lacking penetration  has come  from   the muti chip panels 

Yes cool i get that. I also read using the lenses that look like round flying saucer type things helps with alot more penetration, but by angling them more direct you lose light coverage of your surface area, which i can also get my head around, i`ll see if i can find it anyhow and the lense link at ft. :)

• duke, Forest, Dex and 4 others like this

#20 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:16 PM

I read a bit about angling them to magnify PAR here but iv`e also read it elsewhere and more in depth. Anyhow theirs loadsa different lenses and stuff here mate at fair prices if their any good that is for cree, i did see more at 60, 90 and 120 angles, but i cant seem to find the fekkers now. :)

• The Dude Abides, duke, Forest and 5 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blueberry, green monster, cree 3590 cobs

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.