70 replies to this topic

#21 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:54 AM

id like to see the  next  generation of panels with eyeball style lights that you can direct  around your space  a way off yet i guess cos of the heatsinks being so big when passively cooled 

ill check those links out jim thanks 

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 5 others like this

#22 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:08 PM

ok little update

they are looking fine and dandy and im sure liking the compost! ;) 
i see a good rate of growth so happy there and they dont have nothing wrong with them, happy days , :D  :D

im running my 4 cob at sth like 30 w each, ( i can run up to 50w each) they are fed, BAC organic bloom nutes, and a bit of liquid sea weed, and a touch of power feed which is a cow poo and sea weed and poss fish stuff, and instant beenie teas , they certainly like what im doing at the mo  ;)  :)

ive got a few small gnat size flies should i be worried ? im not used to having any wildlife in my groom  :(  what should i do about the little twats? befriend them and ask them to leave?

here a few pics the lable are there and ther eis one photo in a pot its a nl i just whated to show how these cob veg a plant in 3500k , i like the structure  ;)

ther eis some before and after training shots as well  its still only 4 plants two blueberry two green monster

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 10 others like this

#23 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:18 PM

hi forest they are looking good,if there fungus twats and you want to stay organic then tanlin is good and does work but takes a few weeks as it works below the soil and kills larvae that feed on your roots or certain fungi kill them gnatoff or gnatrol and if you can put up with them the yellow sticky traps work for catching adults,they often come as larvae free in commercial compost mixes that have been badly stored with holes in the bags or can come in in rainwater if you use that indoors.good luck and hi to mrsf,peace

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, Forest and 5 others like this

#24 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:08 AM

If they arent fungas gnats and just small flies they wont harm out just be a pain, I never worried about small flies hot weather would get a few, its the bastards insects you cant see without microscope you worry about most innit :) You do know you will yield half what you would of as well I hope you growing double :P

• The Dude Abides, Forest, Dex and 4 others like this

#25 symbol 22

symbol 22

Sir ledalot

• Respected User
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:15 AM

They looking magic forest mate colour,structure the training looks as though your on the road to nailing this, I hope you set new gpw records,cow poo liquid sea weed ..... class bro now that organic weed
  • The Dude Abides, duke, Forest and 4 others like this

#26 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:37 PM

cheers guys,   i think they are flies from the very brief encounters ive had with the few ive seen but one seem tiny like a gnat ill have to catch one now :P  , i dont mind them in there if they wont hurt the girls,  they are coming from  the lightmix biobizthingy doodaa, (i forget duh!)@duke  so not cheap or any holes in the bag, not sterilised properly? dont they bring the compost temps up to kill off stuff like this i spose they cant get them all

@symbol 22  im trying organic to see if it tastes any better , like i keep seeing guys say,  and i like the idea of being more green but i will use chems if it goes pear shaped 

ive just found my air stone and pump from the old active hydro days so ill now brew teas , im going to go get some leaf mould from a few local sources and brew it up so that  im using local labour in the pots , yes i voted for brexit!

• The Dude Abides, duke, Dex and 3 others like this

#27 Dex

Dex

Aka Jack frost

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:55 PM

cheers guys, i think they are flies from the very brief encounters ive had with the few ive seen but one seem tiny like a gnat ill have to catch one now :P , i dont mind them in there if they wont hurt the girls, they are coming from the lightmix biobizthingy doodaa, (i forget duh!)@duke so not cheap or any holes in the bag, not sterilised properly? dont they bring the compost temps up to kill off stuff like this i spose they cant get them all

@symbol 22 im trying organic to see if it tastes any better , like i keep seeing guys say, and i like the idea of being more green but i will use chems if it goes pear shaped

ive just found my air stone and pump from the old active hydro days so ill now brew teas , im going to go get some leaf mould from a few local sources and brew it up so that im using local labour in the pots , yes i voted for brexit!

I had to Google leaf mold and damn... there are a few bid ars trees down the street and they shed and good amount which all blows into my garden :D...

Might try it

Learned two things today thanks lol who need school when you got tgc?
  • The Dude Abides, duke, Forest and 3 others like this

#28 symbol 22

symbol 22

Sir ledalot

• Respected User
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:58 PM

@Forest mate I been promising myself I would be going down this very same Rd ..... respect to you for actually going for it..... might follow in your shoes next year bro ........
  • Forest, Dex, Dutchy and 1 other like this

#29 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:54 PM

I've been doing the same s22 but never quite got round to it (organic ) I try it for a year and then decide which to stay with
  • The Dude Abides, Dex, Dutchy and 2 others like this

#30 Zambeza Seeds

Zambeza Seeds

Advanced Member

• Breeder
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:14 AM

cheers guys,   i think they are flies from the very brief encounters ive had with the few ive seen but one seem tiny like a gnat ill have to catch one now :P  , i dont mind them in there if they wont hurt the girls,  they are coming from  the lightmix biobizthingy doodaa, (i forget duh!)@duke  so not cheap or any holes in the bag, not sterilised properly? dont they bring the compost temps up to kill off stuff like this i spose they cant get them all

@symbol 22  im trying organic to see if it tastes any better , like i keep seeing guys say,  and i like the idea of being more green but i will use chems if it goes pear shaped 

ive just found my air stone and pump from the old active hydro days so ill now brew teas , im going to go get some leaf mould from a few local sources and brew it up so that  im using local labour in the pots , yes i voted for brexit!

Any chance the flies came in with before mentioned "Cow Poo" source ? whats the application form ? How do you store it ?  :ph34r: 
Lightmix from B. would usually not bring any insects to the garden, but still, bags have vents, it is always possible they got infested by gnats in the growshop/gardening center/transit if that is the case.

Fungus gnats can become a pain in the bottom, classic methods of getting rid of them comprise of drying out the top layer of the soil, reducing watering doses or using hydrogen peroxide, the last solution is ok but in case of organic microlife, you have to be careful simply not to be to agressive.

Alternatively you can try out biological control like

- Bacillus thuringhensis - bacteria blocking the development of gnats larvae

- Beneficial nemtodes, they feed on the larvae
- Neem oil - be careful not to overdose it, systemic insecticide, meaning it sinks into the tissues and moves around them.

Besides that seems all good ! Keep it up and let us know how its going  :pimped:

• The Dude Abides, Forest, Dex and 3 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blueberry, green monster, cree 3590 cobs

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.