79 replies to this topic

#11 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:52 PM

@Forest tis pg and peg m8 ! apparently its the peg what helps emulsify ? 

@jimmi2scoops , marty mcfly was on the cell again wanting his futuristic vape pens back ! So i'm gonna fook them shitty old school tops off and get the juice in a proper jobby cloud machine ! 

@olmec ruff or smooth, depends i suppose, nice normal draws like a joint its ok but if you toke it like a bong till the light flashes and the battery turns off then yes it will make you cough lol

ah i was close peg yes thats right . If two liquids emulsify or are emulsified, they combine and become a smooth mixture.
  • Dekay, 2scoops, Roy Cropper and 1 other like this

#12 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,613 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

PEG is the stuff used in anti-freeze summink i dont think iv`e never seen used in ejuice b4, it does sound a bit shadey does that on health section compared to VG and PG juice used in industry generally @Roy Cropper ,  just summink i not heard of used before in ejuices, they might though i just not heard of it, nasty stuff is that PEG. But yes generally i go with a 50/50 PG/VG mix but only in ejuices although iv`e not made weed oil for a few years now but as said previously it was VG used for weed oil all the way then. :)

• Roy Cropper and WalterEgo420 like this

#13 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:25 PM

PEG is the stuff used in anti-freeze summink i dont think iv`e never seen used in ejuice b4, it does sound a bit shadey does that on health section compared to VG and PG juice used in industry generally @Roy Cropper , just summink i not heard of used before in ejuices, they might though i just not heard of it, nasty stuff is that PEG. But yes generally i go with a 50/50 PG/VG mix but only in ejuices although iv`e not made weed oil for a few years now but as said previously it was VG used for weed oil all the way then. :)

It's this one from what I can tell

PEG 400 is a low-molecular-weight grade of polyethylene glycol. It is a clear, colorless, viscous liquid. Due in part to its low toxicity, PEG 400 is widely used in a variety of pharmaceutical formulations.

It's all about the molecular weight

This is the antifreeze one

Ethylene glycol (IUPAC name: ethane-1,2-diol) is an organic compound with the formula (CH2OH)2. It is mainly used for two purposes, as a raw material in the manufacture of polyester fibers and for antifreeze formulations. It is an odorless, colorless, sweet-tasting syrup. Ethylene glycol is moderately toxic.[3]
  • Dekay, 2scoops, Roy Cropper and 1 other like this

#14 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:04 PM

PEG is the stuff used in anti-freeze summink i dont think iv`e never seen used in ejuice b4

PEG 400 is a low-molecular-weight grade of polyethylene glycol. It is a clear, colorless, viscous liquid. Due in part to its low toxicity, PEG 400 is widely used in a variety of pharmaceutical formulations.

It's all about the molecular weight

This is the antifreeze one

Ethylene glycol (IUPAC name: ethane-1,2-diol) is an organic compound with the formula (CH2OH)2. It is mainly used for two purposes, as a raw material in the manufacture of polyester fibers and for antifreeze formulations. It is an odorless, colorless, sweet-tasting syrup. Ethylene glycol is moderately toxic.[3]

It's all in the P... Ethylene Glycol vs. Polyetheylene Glcyol ;)

I think Jimmi is probably remembering PG (Propylene Glycol), which is perhaps the most common vape liquid (along with Vegetable Glycerine).

Glycols are alcohols so at least some of the THC should dissolve in either PEG or PG.
  • Dekay, 2scoops, Roy Cropper and 2 others like this

#15 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,613 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:35 AM

It's all in the P... Ethylene Glycol vs. Polyetheylene Glcyol ;)

I think Jimmi is probably remembering PG (Propylene Glycol), which is perhaps the most common vape liquid (along with Vegetable Glycerine).

Glycols are alcohols so at least some of the THC should dissolve in either PEG or PG.

Yes that`s right,  i`m on about the bottom 2 pg and vg used in eliquid which are pretty safe or as safe as they can be compared to others according to eliquid guys who are in industry. So the top 2 where your saying it`s all in the P well i`m dubious as to whether they`re actually safe or lets say not best to use for health reasons and tbh in`t it all about the alcohol in them for mixing the juice to combine with whatever else is in their maybe ? . Anyhow my thoughts are i`m not sure those top (PEG)are safest if they aren`t the stuff used in ejuices, but if they are well i`ll go with they are safe as they gonna get for vaping on atmo as things stand. :)

Feck knows tbh @olmec i not really looked, but i may take a butchers laters see which is which, . :)

• Roy Cropper, WalterEgo420 and Cheeseman like this

#16 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:19 AM

Well I've got a bottle on order I just hope it comes befor the weekend, made some gorgeous looking oil/shatter last night, it's purging away as I type
  • 2scoops, Roy Cropper and WalterEgo420 like this

#17 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • 18,613 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:34 AM

It`s the food grade PEG400 your looking for @olmec according this and it`s the cheap PG juice thats used in anti freeze as well according to that, summink i didn`t know that either. :)

This  is a good read as is the comments below it. I think i`m proper getting mixed up here so i`ll let you get on with  it guys. :D

• Roy Cropper, WalterEgo420 and Cheeseman like this

#18 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:24 PM

@olmec the bay m8, I got all 6 flavours, shot glass, syringe, an evod e cig and half a dozen of those shitty attys in my pic, I say shitty, tis a bit harsh as they do the job I suppose !
I've only tried the original, strawberry and the banana one so far ! Grape next then pineapple I reckon !
So simple to do it's ridiculous !
  • 2scoops and WalterEgo420 like this

#19 olmec

olmec

earth bound misfit

• Respected User
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

@Roy Cropper are u decarbing your bud or oil b4 mixing?
  • Roy Cropper and WalterEgo420 like this

#20 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:16 PM

Can't say I have with the shatter but I might have a go with some ISO oil, decarbed and not decarbed, can't really see you having too as the vaping will be doing the decarbing the same way smoking a joint would or using a volcano ? Fuck knows ?

I'm off to get a cloud machine for these juices tomorrow ! I'm gonna chong it everywhere !
  • 2scoops and WalterEgo420 like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.