#1 fairy

fairy

NFT

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:20 PM

hello all..hope your all well etc,...

ive got couple of these bulbs i got from grow shop...but i tell you what im very dubious now of them... and dunno if to go down the bloom bulb for flowrrng now....  any one clued up on these at all or used them... and what lumens compared to bloom etc

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3d2d5ca4a4

• 2scoops, Solo Quin, Joe and 2 others like this

#2 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:26 PM

i can tell you that you can grow very nice weed under 4000k  you will see more leaf than a normal hps  @ say 2700k  and the trich production goes up a bit but the play off is the more leaf , i dont think its a neg thing,  you can grow some great weed under 4000k is what im saying  :D

its not so much the type of bulb but the colour  a normal veg mh is 6500k  , so your 4000k is more to the flowering side of middle 

mh do burn a bit hotter i think from my poor memory, so check that fact  ;)

• duke, fairy, WalterEgo420 and 3 others like this

#3 fairy

fairy

NFT

• Respected User
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:26 AM

Yo Forest thanks for the reply...

they certainly not giving off the normal glow of the hps.... the light spread is seems more white-blue but seems to spread better.

as for mh burning hotter ive read mixed comments on that most say cooler as guy in shop said same but im sure theyre hotter myself.

wht you think then about this compar3ed to normal hps for flowering?   a bloom bulb would be far better i bet if just used these for veg instead maybe.. or might do trail with one to flower with... they big bulbs i must say.

• Dutchy likes this

#4 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:03 AM

They will flower very well and as I said the bud will be trich laden 4000k is a OK colour to flower and it will do veg and flower .
Why don't u do a run under them ?
  • fairy and Dutchy like this

#5 fairy

fairy

NFT

• Respected User
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:16 AM

just not sure mate as cant find no info online about these kind of bulbs and the shop itself is one of the only ones that sell these bulbs.

thought i would post on here to ask you lot..  spoke to jimmi and he likes the idea of just bloom bulbs nowdays for flowering...

• Dutchy likes this

#6 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,602 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 02:52 PM

I 600watt full on red spec hps bulb gives off around 90000.0 lumens. The one you have gives off 58000.0 lumens i think is similar to a 600watt dual spectrum hps bulb but i`m not 100% on that cus for some reason i got a 600watt dual spec bulb gives off 48000.0 lumens bugging my brain lol and i`m still unsure on that too :)  but yes they both give off alot less than full on red spec flowering bulb by lots i am sure of, my thoughts are just by looking at those figures the full on red spec will grow fatter buddage, but i`m not that clued up to be honest, i`m just going by the numbers and what most hps growers use for flowering which is full on red spec bulbs, which will do both veg and flowering as well by the way.

• fairy and Dutchy like this

#7 fairy

fairy

NFT

• Respected User
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

if the reds give off 90000 and mine give off 58000 its a no brainer... still these are more so than a normal hps it seems...  they certainly a whiter bluer colour output.

• 2scoops likes this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.