Photo
- - - - -

New grow space......need a bit of advice.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Smokey McPot

Smokey McPot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:13 PM

Whats up people. Names smokey :P have a few grows under my belt and now its time to up my grow size a little bit. The space i am thinking of is a built in wardrobe. Its just under 3ft deep just over 6ft long and 7ft tall. Got a few questions really.

Only got a few bits of kit left. Some broke, some i lent to a friend and he had a fire. I still have my nearly new rhino pro 6in cf so was thinking of staying with that and getting another 6in fan. What do you think?

Not sure on light size tho but either way it will be run through a hood or cooltube. Not decided yet.

One of the end walls connects to next doors bedroom. It is a brick wall but can hear them when they go up and down the stairs so im a little worried about the noise. Any suggestions?

Got a budget of about £300
Planning on growing in soil.

Thanks in advance.
Smokey
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, smokin soul and 9 others like this

#2 Chew

Chew

BioBomber

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:18 PM

Welcome to the circle @Smokey McPot :)

There's a few here that grow in drobs so I'm sure you'll hear from one shortly mate.
  • duke, Solo Quin, Joe and 5 others like this

#3 Smokey McPot

Smokey McPot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:19 PM

Cheers matey. Think i should have put it in the diy section.
  • duke, Solo Quin, Bubonik Chronic and 2 others like this

#4 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,007 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:31 PM

@Smokey McPot welcome to the circle i am a drobe grower have been for many years now and learned to love growing in them after a set up period of fine tuning i now run 2 perpetual flowering drobes and have a ludicrously long diary which shows in some detail my set up,i would have a look and it may help a bit link in my sig to diary i hope you enjoy our little forum and get a diary going and loads of folk will help,peace

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, Solo Quin and 6 others like this

#5 Smokey McPot

Smokey McPot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:37 PM

@Smokey McPot welcome to the circle i am a drobe grower have been for many years now and learned to love growing in them after a set up period of fine tuning i now run 2 perpetual flowering drobes and have a ludicrously long diary which shows in some detail my set up,i would have a look and it may help a bit link in my sig to diary i hope you enjoy our little forum and get a diary going and loads of folk will help,peace

Thank you. Ill head over now. I do plan on starting a build diary as soon as im ready to go.
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 4 others like this

#6 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

Hi Smokey and welcome to the Circle

Seems like your grow space could be a little tricky, especially with a £300 pound budget, lots of new lights available now, have read through the forum.

Duke's your man for growing in small spaces, with no noise or smell, he'll probably try to get you growing in coco though.

Do you wear slippers? Some folk on here like a slipper shot with their plant in diaries.

Looking forward to your diary already.

All good things

TDA

• Dekay, duke, Solo Quin and 5 others like this

#7 2scoops

2scoops

Pot-Ted

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,607 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

My grow room wall is adjoining my neighbours hallway too :) and tbh i never had a worry over it, my fan is loud as owt as well, a good few years old and its well noisey, like a jumbo jet. I`d just get on with it myself and go with flow. Last summer i did a 3 plant grow in soil in a similar space (fitted drobe it was as well ) using a 600hpos and 5 inch extraction, it worked a treat.

Welcome to the site as well Smokey. :) m

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 7 others like this

#8 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:09 PM

Welcome to the circle smokey I use to grow in drobes but it fell apart while the light was up and there was plants in it, I remember trying to hold the ceiling up as the walls tilted to the side but it wasnt strong enough for me to step into it lol, anyway good luck and look forward to the diary.

• The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 5 others like this

#9 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:25 PM

3ft deep just over 6ft long

Not sure on light size

A pair of 400 Watt lamps would be pretty close to 'ideal' in there, and two lamps would provide better coverage than one larger one :)

Have a look here, maybe...
Lamp outputs and coverage
Easy lamp chooser

If you do use a single lamp then try to make sure that it's mounted parallel to the short side of the space, which will provide much better coverage than placing it lengthways.
  • The Dude Abides, 2scoops, duke and 5 others like this

#10 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:34 PM

Welcome to the site Smokey, you'll get lots of help and advice here mate, good luck with.  :)  :)

• duke, Solo Quin, Joe and 2 others like this

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.