Open Now: The Royal Queen Seeds 15 Strain Welcome Grow-out, POTS Plant of the Season Comp, Germination Shoot-out Comp, Completed Diary Rewards. Coming soon: The Summer Pot Noodle Grow and more...

Photo
- - - - -

Premature yellowing.

with farty bits

37 replies to this topic

#21 rasputin

rasputin

Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:24 PM

heat likely locked out ..  plant likely cant handle the water and heat .. my self i wouldnt give it any nutes .. its not able to take any nutes by the looks of it ... i get this when certain strains cant handle there position , ie caught in a heat spot , .. cant take up nutes right n so on .. id leave it maybe take it off the auto feed a few days , let it find its feet again kinda thing , then think about feeding it ..  its not advice lol just my thoughts lol ... looks like it cooked in the pot .. myself i wouldnt be to worried and leave it a few days and then carry on .. if ya stressed about it do what jum  said run peroxide throu it , but look up the volume ratio to water .. they love it doesnt hurt them .. itll clean the roots up .. again lol just my thoughts ..

• Dekay, Marc and Dutchy like this

#22 Marc

Marc

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • LocationHaven't got a fucking clue...

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:38 PM

heat likely locked out ..  plant likely cant handle the water and heat .. my self i wouldnt give it any nutes .. its not able to take any nutes by the looks of it ... i get this when certain strains cant handle there position , ie caught in a heat spot , .. cant take up nutes right n so on .. id leave it maybe take it off the auto feed a few days , let it find its feet again kinda thing , then think about feeding it ..  its not advice lol just my thoughts lol ... looks like it cooked in the pot .. myself i wouldnt be to worried and leave it a few days and then carry on .. if ya stressed about it do what jum  said run peroxide throu it , but look up the volume ratio to water .. they love it doesnt hurt them .. itll clean the roots up .. again lol just my thoughts ..

I've noticed she's starting to foxtail too now, so probably heat related reading up on these things. 

She had 3 hours of flushing last night, so the media is reset for sure and If I can get to the ponics shop at the weekend, 

I'll grab some of that stuff Jimbo linked to. 

But I've got the temps right down now, even the humidity is in check again.

No stress though dude, she was a kind of pop it and see plant. It's the healthy one next to her the RQS Stress Killer that I'm hoping stays healthy and finishes well! 

Just nice to work these problems out for future reference.

:ph34r:  :)

Well she had 3 hours of flushing last night, so the media is reset for sure and I

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, jimmi2scoops and 2 others like this

#23 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

Drinking, debauchery, shouting obsenities across bar is my game

• Moderators
  • 12,321 posts
  • LocationMoon

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:33 AM

It's in an auto pot system Jimmi, so the res is constantly open, the float valve just calls for more when needed.

I left it in the sink with the tap running through it for a flush and forgot about it.

I think the root zone has got too hot is the issue and has caused some funky stuff going on. 

Other plant looks cock on though, same res, same tray, same temps. 

I dunno, maybe she is just finishing up early, she is a big beast though. 

:)

Yes i forgot im a donkey :rolleyes: , well your problem in that system you have hit nail on head, yoiu feeding way too much and its harder to sort with auto pots unless you remove plant and do as you have by flushing in sink, you dont wanna be doing that in auto pots, just feed ec 1.2 all in with background and maybe 1.4 all in first 3 or 4 weeks of 12/12 before dropping back to 1.2,ec but yes i think you found problem their. :D

• Dekay, duke, Marc and 1 other like this

#24 Dinko

Dinko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:39 AM

Some strains do go yellow. Especially if they come from a chinese breeder. 

• duke and Petal like this

#25 Petal

Petal

has dirty fingernails

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:41 AM

hahaha :rofl1: :greet:

• duke likes this

#26 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

• Moderators
  • 12,321 posts
  • LocationMoon

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:48 AM

Tha bloody crackers thee, you crazyhorse. :)

• duke and Petal like this

#27 Marc

Marc

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:15 PM

Nowt like a nice bit of casual racism to round Friday off.

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 3 others like this

#28 Marc

Marc

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:51 PM

Hope everyone's fine n dandy. Weekend innit, sun's shining and the beer is cold.

Well, looking at the sick lady today and I reckon she's gonna be alright finishing.

So she's a Dinafem Fruit auto and smells a bit like a cat has been drinking diesel and pissed it all over the plant.

Attached File  DSCF2877.JPG   302.98KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF2880.JPG   261.69KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF2887.JPG   174.94KB   0 downloads

This one is a @RoyalQueenSeeds Stress killer auto and she smells skunky n funky as hell! Meant to only take 53 days, she's about 58 so might give her and t'other one a 2 week water only diet when this res is finished in a few days.

Attached File  DSCF2882.JPG   268.03KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF2884.JPG   322.81KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF2886.JPG   252.85KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF2885.JPG   176.12KB   0 downloads

After that the grow box is being dismantled and a micro led grow box is gonna be shoved in a corner somewhere.

One of the buds on the stress killer has snapped so I may cut it and have an early tester of her next weekend.

:D

• The Dude Abides, jimmi2scoops, Petal and 3 others like this

#29 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

• Moderators
  • 12,321 posts
  • LocationMoon

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:04 PM

You should notice a big difference with that plant you flushed through now, like leaves standing up more, well all round general vigour and more alive on the plant as a whole.

• The Dude Abides, Marc, Dutchy and 1 other like this

#30 Marc

Marc

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:11 PM

You should notice a big difference with that plant you flushed through now, like leaves standing up more, well all round general vigour and more alive on the plant as a whole.

She aint looking too shabby now jimbo, she'll be right for a bit. It's nearly flush time anyway. 

I don't like em as cooked as you! ;)  

But I really need to get this grow box down asap, got some building work to be getting on with.

You want my digi dimmable ballast after this grow? I remember you saying your magnetic one is getting on a bit (oh, and you're perpetually skint too!)  :)

• The Dude Abides, jimmi2scoops, Dutchy and 1 other like this

#31 jimmi2scoops

jimmi2scoops

• Moderators
  • 12,321 posts
  • LocationMoon

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

She aint looking too shabby now jimbo, she'll be right for a bit. It's nearly flush time anyway. 

I don't like em as cooked as you! ;)  

But I really need to get this grow box down asap, got some building work to be getting on with.

You want my digi dimmable ballast after this grow? I remember you saying your magnetic one is getting on a bit (oh, and you're perpetually skint too!)  :)

It`s not gonna need much of a flushing Marc a week on water should do you, cus all that salt build up in coco has done is cause lockout of ferts, which in turn can cause what people call burning from overfeeding, believe it or not it`s lockout of ferts so actually burning from underfeeding the plant if you get me, i think lol and so i read once upon a time :)

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, Marc and 2 others like this

#32 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Moderators
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationLondon/Normandy

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:20 PM

Looking fabulous now Marc, good save amigo.

Do you fancy a fish slapping contest?

I normally use a halibut but cos of my bad back I've been practising with sticklebacks.

Enjoy your harvest amigo, I'm intrigued about your micro LED box, keep me abreast of things, you know I like farty stuff.

All good things

TDA

• Dekay, duke, Petal and 2 others like this

#33 Marc

Marc

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:53 PM

Looking fabulous now Marc, good save amigo.

Do you fancy a fish slapping contest?

I normally use a halibut but cos of my bad back I've been practising with sticklebacks.

Enjoy your harvest amigo, I'm intrigued about your micro LED box, keep me abreast of things, you know I like farty stuff.

All good things

TDA

Hi Dude, 

Yeah I'm up for a fish slapping contest. My weapon of choice is the humble pilchard, I also like to keep a spare sardine in my back pocket just in case.

Hope your back heals up soon.

My experience of the French health service is great.

I went to le doctor one day with a headache and he gave me a new head.

Absolutely brilliant service, shame it was the head of a bloody idiot though.

:huh:

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, duke and 1 other like this

#34 Marc

Marc

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:55 PM

Hello. Auto pot grow round up.

Again, not too sure but about day 60.

Yellow beast is losing her leaves. Not just a few, but lots. 

At least the chop will be easier.  :huh:

I've had them both on water for 2 days now, they're coming down ready or not this weekend.

I cant tell what's what through these silly little loupes.

I'm hoping the dark green one can finish herself off in the next few days., looks a little clear n cloudy mix.

Bloody heat n humidity is a real problem this week. 

Anyway, pics. Attached File  DSCF2890.JPG   268.37KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF2897.JPG   264.8KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF2893.JPG   226.05KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF2892.JPG   265.92KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF2891.JPG   275.13KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF2889.JPG   311.48KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF2888.JPG   263.2KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF2896.JPG   196.6KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF2895.JPG   166.42KB   0 downloadsAttached File  DSCF2894.JPG   185.11KB   0 downloads

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, jimmi2scoops and 4 others like this

#35 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 7,118 posts
  • Locationsouth east england

Users Awards

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:16 PM

some lovely buds there idk what happened to make one so yellow but it looks chunky and solid from here,such a contrast between them,enjoy the sticky fingers time,peace

• The Dude Abides, Marc and Dutchy like this

#36 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Administrators
  • 11,433 posts
  • LocationI am here

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:04 AM

Tell me your gong to finish the others proper marc, they got ages shirley. :boobies:

• The Dude Abides, duke, Marc and 1 other like this

#37 rasputin

rasputin

Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:11 AM

you could strip all the yellow out while there standing and let em go longer its only the leaves and bits of trim just pluck it and flush it a while

• The Dude Abides, duke, Marc and 1 other like this

#38 Marc

Marc

Has dirty fingernails

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:00 AM

some lovely buds there idk what happened to make one so yellow but it looks chunky and solid from here,such a contrast between them,enjoy the sticky fingers time,peace

Yeah, she's a proper beast Duke. After what's been said and read, I may have been overfeeding a tad in this auto pot set up. Apparently they only need a light nute dose.

Who'd a thunk it eh? Lesson learnt.  :huh:

Tell me your gong to finish the others proper marc, they got ages shirley. :boobies:

That small one's already a week past it's apparent date. Another lesson learnt, don't rely on breeders start to finish times. 

My issue is the yellow un is going to have to hang in the grow box above the finishing plant when chopped and it seems to dry the plants wahay too quick.

They end up smelling of hay n cat piss. Maybe put her on 12/12 to finish instead of 20/4? 

OK Doris?  ;)  B)

you could strip all the yellow out while there standing and let em go longer its only the leaves and bits of trim just pluck it and flush it a while

Hi Ras, no need to strip her as they're falling off at a rather fast rate! She's already on flush too.  :ph34r:

Edited by Marc, 25 May 2017 - 06:01 AM.

• The Dude Abides, duke and Dutchy like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: with farty bits

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.