• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

#1 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:35 PM

Hi folks and welcome to this years Frog Blog.

For any newcomers I'm a Londoner that runs a guest house in France for the summer, I also try to grow some decent weed whilst I'm here.

I mostly grow outdoors but I have a purpose built groom in an outhouse to start them off and sometimes use it to finish the plants if the weather gets shitty.

My groom is called the Orgasmatron, here's an explanation.

The Sleeper is a great film, a little dated (early 70's) but well worth a watch.

Anyway I digress, I'm over here in Normandy, just about opposite Jersey (you can see it on the UK weather forecasts), slightly warmer winters but rarely as hot as London in the summer, not the ideal climate for growing outdoor weed but I usually manage to pull something.

My main problems this year will be, as follows:

My back is fucked, just visited a French Osteopath and he said "vous est fucked", he took one look at the MRI scan I'd bought with me from the UK, then declined to manipulate anything in case he made it worse, only solution is gentle exercise, muscle relaxing and pain killing drugs.

Which fortuitously suits my lifestyle exactly, work takes twice as long but I've usually got time on my hands, weed is good for the muscle relaxing and the copious amounts of vin rouge that I drink is a pretty good painkiller, not mention the Ricard (Pastis).

I've got literally hundreds of seeds over here but everything I have tried to germinate has failed (drop in a glass of water and when sinks pop it in a wet paper towel in Tupperware tub on the digi box and Bob's your uncle), about 5 different strains so far, finally one poked her(?) root out, a Dinafem OG Kush fem, she's sunning herself under a 125w CFL in the Orgasmatron as we speak, times are 24/0 cos I can't be bothered to set the timer.

Here's some pics.

med_gallery_27_7_1301023.jpg

The Orgasmatron in all it's glory, cobbled together from bits hanging around, Mylar inside, 2 fans, 5in bathroom fan extract, passive intake, 1.1 x 0.9 x 2.5, so a square metre with plenty of height basically.

med_gallery_27_7_352620.jpg

The cats were over wintering in the Orgasmatron , always laughing these three.

med_gallery_27_7_274912.jpg

So I evicted them

med_gallery_27_7_948033.jpg

Here's my beauty, wobbling around nicely under the CFL and a small fan caressing her.

med_gallery_27_7_1884320.jpg

See what I mean?

med_gallery_27_7_374650.jpg

Oh yeah.

med_gallery_27_7_412843.jpg

This my front door, not been painted since 1952 according to the neighbour, I'm a painter and decorator so should get it sorted in the next 20 yrs or so.

The triangular hole in the wall to the right of the door contains a nest of Blue tits, one baby fell out so I put it back and put a tea towel on the floor below to protect it if it fell again.

med_gallery_27_7_514293.jpg

It did fall out again so I put it back in, maybe it's parents or siblings don't like it? Looks OK to me. Done a shit on my tea towel though.

med_gallery_27_7_1709667.jpg

The neighbours popped over for an aperitif, I stroll onto the patio with my vape and they come running, they've also eaten about 50% of my hemerocalis (day lilies), they get bored munching grass and always come to greet me if I talk sexy to them.

Just as well they don't drink pastis or calvados, my bullfighting skills are not what they were.

Duke is sending me some more beans so hopefully this won't be a one horse race.

Thanks for looking in, as you know I reply to every comment and look forward to your comments, criticisms, constructive commentary  and farty stuff.

All good things

TDA

• Budgie, Dekay, 2scoops and 33 others like this

#2 Chew

Chew

BioBomber

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:43 PM

Nice one mate. Subbed up :)

You wanna get some 5:1 Bio Bombs up your dirt box mate. I think you'll be surprised how much they help with pain...
  • Dekay, The Dude Abides, 2scoops and 13 others like this

#3 duke

duke

budding cannabis chemist

• Moderators
  • 13,003 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:06 PM

hi dude well about time i say!i like the og kush dinafem do good breeding imo and i have a keeper mum in my veg cab.i shall follow along its good to see the cats looking so well.

as chew said the oil might help the pain along with painkillers and vino and a good pipe and learning to limit lifting to as little and rarely as possible helps a bit but as tina has found you no better of after surgery and maybe best without,peace

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, denots and 9 others like this

#4 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:38 PM

Nice one mate. Subbed up :)

You wanna get some 5:1 Bio Bombs up your dirt box mate. I think you'll be surprised how much they help with pain...

I've got plenty of cured weed and a gallon of ISO, so may try the bum thing, I'll check out yours and Duke's medical threads, mon the suppositories.

Cheers Chew.

hi dude well about time i say!i like the og kush dinafem do good breeding imo and i have a keeper mum in my veg cab.i shall follow along its good to see the cats looking so well.

as chew said the oil might help the pain along with painkillers and vino and a good pipe and learning to limit lifting to as little and rarely as possible helps a bit but as tina has found you no better of after surgery and maybe best without,peace

Cats are sweet, have to go La Poste tomorrow to see if your gift has arrived, managing the pain with vino, OK but got no appetite, hardly eating anything, nearly as skinny as you, farts are pretty good though.

All good things

TDA

• duke, denots, dal and 8 others like this

#5 Dutchy

Dutchy

Green fingers, bad back

• Respected User
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:59 PM

Great thread TDA, hope the two babies make it, have my daughter every other weekend but when she goes to uni ( 2 years) I'm doing one, the lifestyle appeals, spain I think though , some where sunny good for growing where I can slip into my twilight stoned  :)

• The Dude Abides, duke, denots and 9 others like this

#6 Dekay

Dekay

Easily distracted by Swilly

• Sleeping Mods
  • 16,177 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:00 AM

Cannot believe you mentioned my brand new door had not been painted now man tut tut lol, a passport, wine, weed I will come paint it for you in a jiffy, might take 4 weeks though on day rate (4 bottles of wine and weed infinity)... red wine I stop drinking that over winter when the orgasmatron is out of action but its the grow room not the grower I come to see man that grow room is sexy with a name like that, I bet its like a 30 second wank lights on and full of plants but I sidetracked damn you oil, oh yeah stella serves me well but I feel like a classy drunk shouting at the chavs out back when I got a glass of red wine so welcome back une dude, bet you so glad I here for that bit of je ne sais quoi, fuck knows what I saying man but have a drink on me.

• The Dude Abides, duke, denots and 10 others like this

#7 Petal

Petal

Flower Power

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,208 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:20 AM

Oh just lovely, thanks Dude.

Good to see the cats, really like the door, love the baby tit and so glad you looking after the little one. Cows are looking good.

All the best with your grow and hope you get some good beans.

All the best with your back. :joint:

• The Dude Abides, duke, denots and 9 others like this

#8 Forest

Forest

growing hard

• Respected User
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:34 AM

nice to see the blog back up again time goes so fast , hey what do you say thats sexy talk  to the cows? i ask cos as you know we have cows everywhere here and i believe there are french/or sth else one cos they dont respond to my sexy talk 

• The Dude Abides, duke, denots and 10 others like this

#9 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:34 PM

Great thread TDA, hope the two babies make it, have my daughter every other weekend but when she goes to uni ( 2 years) I'm doing one, the lifestyle appeals, spain I think though , some where sunny good for growing where I can slip into my twilight stoned  :)

Cheers Dutchy and welcome aboard, my son is at Uni and comes over with some friends to lend a hand and smoke all my weed.

It's lovely here, really peaceful, the weather's not great but I'm not really a sun and heat person, 25C is plenty hot enough for me.

Cannot believe you mentioned my brand new door had not been painted now man tut tut lol, a passport, wine, weed I will come paint it for you in a jiffy, might take 4 weeks though on day rate (4 bottles of wine and weed infinity)... red wine I stop drinking that over winter when the orgasmatron is out of action but its the grow room not the grower I come to see man that grow room is sexy with a name like that, I bet its like a 30 second wank lights on and full of plants but I sidetracked damn you oil, oh yeah stella serves me well but I feel like a classy drunk shouting at the chavs out back when I got a glass of red wine so welcome back une dude, bet you so glad I here for that bit of je ne sais quoi, fuck knows what I saying man but have a drink on me.

Hi Deeks, I'll leave the door painting to you then.

I'm not really a wine buff, just buy a 5lt box from the supermarket (every day lol).

I do enjoy my time in the Orgasmatron, spend hours in there checking for light leaks, well that's my excuse anyways.

Oh just lovely, thanks Dude.

Good to see the cats, really like the door, love the baby tit and so glad you looking after the little one. Cows are looking good.

All the best with your grow and hope you get some good beans.

All the best with your back. :joint:

Thanks Petal, the tit seems OK now, not fallen out again, luckily I have 2 front doors so can avoid disturbing them too much.

Hope you and Lucy are well, cats send their love, as do I.

nice to see the blog back up again time goes so fast , hey what do you say thats sexy talk  to the cows? i ask cos as you know we have cows everywhere here and i believe there are french/or sth else one cos they dont respond to my sexy talk 

Hi Forest and it's good to be back up and running again, I love growing weed.

As for the cows, just whisper sweet nothings in their ear, left one works best.

Thanks for looking in folks.

All good things

TDA

• Dekay, duke, denots and 14 others like this

#10 The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides

No Funny Stuff

• Sleeping Mods
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:55 PM

Hi Dude,

Are your cats fighting? Or is that just frolicking?

Anyway, next doors cat has dug my seedlings up I planted in the borders just so they can shit in there.

I'd keep an eye on your cats, wouldn't let them anywhere near that orgasmatron with the youngun growing.

There'll be soil all up the walls and a pile of cat shit in the pot if this fucker next door is anything to go by.

Maybe they're fighting over who gets to shit in your pot?

That aside, where's the slipper shots?

Hope France treats you well, interesting times for them politically. 

:)

Hi Marc, the cats were having sex when I interrupted them.

They do do the occasional do do but it's mummified so doesn't smell.

Don't know what came over me forgetting the slipper shot, I'll remedy that toute suite.

Had a package from Duke today so hopefully the youngun will have some sisters to play with soon.

All good things

TDA

• Mrs Willy, duke, denots and 11 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: with farty bits, slippers, cows and toads, and other farty stuff

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.