Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Roy's shatter/bho run, vac purged n everything !

bho shatter wax vac purged

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#11 Anonymiss

Anonymiss

♥ Maverick ♥

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:38 PM

I don't know about ISO [...] but butane is heavier than air so when it's blasted it sinks down and not up in the air

Isopropanol vapour is also heavier than air (about twice the mass per unit volume).

Keep them both well away from open drains or gulleys :)

Bottled gas regs say at least 2 metres for propane cylinders, connections, and valves, in case of leaks.
  • Dekay, Roy Cropper, THC F13ND and 2 others like this

#12 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

grow, smoke, eat, repeat.

• Respected User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:38 PM

before i go to vac purge i think I've missed out the tube packing process, the tubes i got are an ounce tube and a two ounce tube, trying to stuff anymore into the tubes could/would result in whats known as "back pressure" 

I've had this before as you have to start somewhere and learning from mistakes "hands on" seems to me to be the best way of learning (and tinterwebs obviously !)

what this means is by stuffing to much material into the blast tube the gas will blow back out the hole you put the gas in, being the top of the tubes and not the bottom, as well as this being quite dangerous because no one wants a face full of butane, its a bit of a backward step as you want it all to exit via the screen at the bottom of the tube, i packed in my blast tubes the "correct" ? amount of material to the size of the tube, and it was all popcorn, 3 ounce in total of a mix of amnesia haze and the beloved silver bubble ! reason for this is i will happily dry popcorn in a rack but the trim gets frozen asap and used for water extracts (bubble hash)

and when blasting i wrap a tea towel around the tube as its gonna get real cold real quick ! to go more in depth with this some people dry the material then freeze it or better still pack the tubes then freeze them, as with most if not all extraction the colder the better, this is why on closed loop system they have ice jackets for the blast columns (blast tube) to keep it as cold as possible, and iso filtration done in freezers, but I'm roy cropper and I'm blasting in kens back yard ! pikey stylee, so dry cured trim is good for me ! i do however have another 3 oz to do soon so i might try the old packing and freezing before blasting method next ! 

one thing i was told, was when loading the blast tube try to leave an inch or so as the materiel can/will expand ! 

now to the vacuum ! 

• Dekay, Lab Rat, smokin soul and 5 others like this

#13 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:32 PM

VACUUM PURGING 

see how i wrote that in caps ! can't be arsed to delete and type again ! 

where to start ? size of chamber perhaps ? i honestly couldn't tell you the exact size of this chamber without filling it up with water or something like that, all i will say is that i wouldn't really want a smaller one as when under vacuum it will rise or "muffin" as they call it and you don't want anything sticking to the walls of the chamber, that being said I'm gonna go with 8-10 litre chamber something along those lines, this kit i have is very basic really and if i was going to buy one i would get one with a round lid and silicone seal attached to the lid and not the chamber pot like mine is, as i believe the seal would last a lot longer ! 

so my hotplate is still warm from having the pyrex dish on it, now i feel safe enough to carry on indoors as there not enough tane to blow me up and i need to keep temps as stable as possible, so i get the pot/chamber onto the hotplate keeping my eye on the temps, then place the ptfe sheet with the bho on it into the chamber, now i know how to control the temps roughly on my hotplate because I've used it so many times, remember when i was banging on about temps not going over 40 degrees C this is where its most important, when under full vac (or 29 hg) thc boils off at 40 degrees C so if i put it under full vacuum, or 29 hg it will boil off what i call the goodies and not stone you as different canibinoids have different boiling points, anyone who makes canna caps or edibles should know this for decarboxylation, theca being the first to boil off at 140 something degrees C but when under vacuum it drops to 40 degrees C, the drop in boiling points is due to atmospheric pressure, when you play with pressures like that i suppose you could say your playing with the structure of whatever exposed to it ?

wow, deep and probably wrong ? but tis my take on things ! 

back to the extraction, 

goodies in chamber, chamber heated slighty, a digital heat pad is bang on for this but i don't have one, suppose i should get but its on the list of stuff i want not need lol 

lid on, all valves closed, turn vac pump on, wait 10 seconds to get full vac in the hose, then open the hose valve and get that baby rising ! 

the gauge on the chamber lid has 2 valve, the one attached to the pump i will call the "hose valve" and the other i will call the "chamber valve"

now as it goes under pressure it will rise and to stop it touching the sides of the chamber and getting in one big sticky mess you will have to deflate it from time to time, to do this you will need to close the "hose valve" then gently open the "chamber valve", sure you can just open the "chamber valve" without closing the "hose valve" but remember your chamber is under pressure and we don't want any unwanted vacuum pump oil being pulled into the chamber and ruining everything now we got this far ! so with that in mind never open the "hose valve" when the chamber is under pressure and pump turned off, if in doubt, close all valves, the release the vacuum by opening the "chamber valve" then you can safely open the "hose valve" i don't see why you want to as the hose would already be under vacuum ready to go next time ! 

keep sidetracking i do ! 

i notice that when i get to around 20-25hg on the gauge it starts to rise and i have to keep releasing the vacuum pressure, after 5-10 mins or so it stops continuously rising now i can get it under full vacuum without worry of it going all over the chamber ! 

i only pull to round 28.5hg-29hg as the boiling point rises from 40 degrees C at 29hg to 93 degrees C at 28.5hg so that 0.5hg buffer gives me like 50 degrees C to play with, but with that in mind low n slow is the way forward here, 

pics

vacuum pump half filled, this is fine as when its on the level will rise to max 

Attached File  100_4842.JPG   144.39KB   0 downloads

in she goes ! 

Attached File  IMG_7145.jpg   166.69KB   0 downloads

eye on temps all the time ! 

Attached File  IMG_7148.jpg   158.29KB   0 downloads

everything closed ready and waiting ! 

Attached File  IMG_7149.jpg   213.23KB   0 downloads

and were off ! 

Attached File  IMG_7151.jpg   203.72KB   0 downloads

• Dekay, smokin soul, igiggle and 5 others like this

#14 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:46 PM

pic post ! 

now she's on her way ! 

Attached File  IMG_7152.jpg   205.95KB   0 downloads

starting to "muffin" 

Attached File  IMG_7153.jpg   155.1KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_7154.jpg   151.75KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_7155.jpg   154.55KB   0 downloads

time to deflate lol ! 

Attached File  IMG_7156.jpg   176.52KB   0 downloads 

eye on temps still ! 

Attached File  IMG_7160.jpg   107.57KB   0 downloads

and thats her get there ! this is what i vac at ! 

Attached File  IMG_7162.jpg   176.11KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_7163.jpg   175.62KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_7165.jpg   150.15KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_7168.jpg   156.02KB   0 downloads  

she's turning ! 

Attached File  IMG_7169.jpg   162.8KB   0 downloads 

that looks more like it ! 

Attached File  IMG_7170.jpg   82.96KB   0 downloads

• Dekay, smokin soul, igiggle and 6 others like this

#15 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:55 PM

when the vacuum pump has got to where i want it, i shut off the "hose valve" and turn the pump off, yeah you can have it running all day and night but i don't think theres any need really, when its under vacuum and valves are closed it still pulls bubbles and as long as its on the heat all is good, 

DO NOT OPEN "HOSE VALVE" WHEN PUMP IS OFF IT COULD PULL VACUUM PUMP OIL INTO THE CHAMBER or so I'm led to believe !

4 hours that was under vacuum for with the pump switched off when my desired vacuum was achieved, then turned back on and opened valves for 15 mins at a time, probably took 10 mins to get to 28.5hg.

then pump switched off "hose valve" closed, i open the "chamber valve" to let os air in ! or release the negative pressure ! 

its time to flip it over and do it again ! i used to say that to Hayley back a day lmao !

heres a few more pics before the first flip ! 

Attached File  IMG_7171.jpg   58.16KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_7172.jpg   58.07KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_7176.jpg   44.79KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_7178.jpg   79.32KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_7180.jpg   108.82KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_7181.jpg   129.95KB   0 downloads

now this ptfe sheet is awesome tackle and needed in any extractors tool box, , check this out, first flip and solid already, bearing in mind its been heated too i took it straight out the chamber and picked the fooker up ! not sticky or sap like at all just solid ! and still not finished either ! 

Attached File  IMG_7185.jpg   160.94KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_7187.jpg   152.58KB   0 downloads 

slid of my hand like glass ! 

Attached File  IMG_7192.jpg   135.4KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_7193.jpg   128.26KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_7194.jpg   130.33KB   0 downloads

• Mrs Willy, Dekay, Lab Rat and 9 others like this

#16 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:13 PM

so its been flipped, put back in the chamber (still on hotplate keeping temps nice !) and put back under vacuum

I left this for half hour then closed the "hose valve", switched the vac pump off and just returned to it every hour for the next 4 hours to turn it back on and open the "hose valve" for 15 mins.

couple of fancy charts for youth look at ! 

Attached File  Scan032A-2.jpg   61.25KB   0 downloads  Attached File  Scan032A.jpg   61.25KB   0 downloads

thats your lot for today ! back tomorrow !  

• Dekay, smokin soul, igiggle and 4 others like this

#17 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:24 AM

this might be a bit off track but this has just come to mind,

with the boiling point of solvents and other stuff lowering when under pressure, i wonder if i could put water extract in the chamber, found this on tinterwebs, and well we know from the other charts that thc under a certain pressure boils off at 40 degrees C right, well water boils off at around half that temp, so say between 20-26 degrees C ! just putting that out there ! gonna give it a go i reckon, got some bubble hash in the freezer right now ! 

heres another chart lol

Attached File  main-qimg-491bc57d75ed7a63b73690ccfd07cc4a-c.jpeg   95.24KB   0 downloads

• Dekay, igiggle, bigbadbillybob and 3 others like this

#18 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:35 AM

back to purging ! 

so its had a little over 4 hours on each side, now people say to vac purge for like days on end but i only ran 3 can of tane, but with this in mind and this being my how to (sort of) i thought i better carry on a bit more, it got left overnight but not under pressure only because i opened the valves to have a look at it and couldn't be arsed switching the pump back on,  so next day i put it back on the hotplate and under the same vacuum as before and purged it for another 5 hours each side ! 

there were no bubbles left in it what so ever ! smooth shiny yellow nectar ! so thats good enough for me, 18 hour vac purge ! not saying it takes this long as I've seen people vac purging for 6 hours a side, and others claiming 120 hours ! 

one thing i will say is that I've read and seen first hand is that every time you flip it, if its not perfectly flat which it won't be, it will trap air pockets, this will then be forced out the oil via bubbles, because its being sucked from underneath, upwards ! if that makes sense, so in other words, you can keep flipping it over endless time and see bubbles, tis does not mean its butane, just a trapped air pocket between the ptfe and oil ! 

• Dekay, igiggle, Stoney and 1 other like this

#19 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:48 AM

suppose you want some more pics ! 

Attached File  IMG_7228.jpg   102.32KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_7229.jpg   99.21KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_7232.jpg   172.21KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_7231.jpg   116.07KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_7238.jpg   171.61KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_7237.jpg   210.65KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_7240.jpg   155.77KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_7242.jpg   153.78KB   0 downloads 

couple of pics with the flash on ! get the colour out proper ! 

Attached File  IMG_7243.jpg   248.12KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_7244.jpg   216.02KB   0 downloads

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, Lab Rat and 7 others like this

#20 Roy Cropper

Roy Cropper

• Respected User
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:58 AM

no thread would be complete without a complimentary slipper shot ! 

i got a new glass piece so i thought it only right the slipper takes place next to it ! 

@The Dude Abides this ones for you bud ! 

Attached File  IMG_7245.jpg   178.09KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_7246.jpg   169.66KB   0 downloads 

and heres my rig/e nail, I put it in and old fishing bite alarm case ! it also has a normal titanium nail for the blowtorch, just in case i can't be arsed setting it up and fancy a hot n hurty dab ! 

Attached File  IMG_7247.jpg   121.11KB   0 downloads  Attached File  IMG_7248.jpg   127.75KB   0 downloads

and its dab time ! yabba-dab-I-do ! fan-dabby-dozy ! 

Attached File  IMG_7249.jpg   98.16KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_7250.jpg   118.66KB   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_7251.jpg   163.62KB   0 downloads

flavour is intense ! love it ! 

• Dekay, The Dude Abides, Lab Rat and 8 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bho, shatter, wax, vac purged

IPB Skin By Virt
Disclaimer: You must be over 18 years old to view/use this website. T-G-C.nl does not encourage growing cannabis or possessing cannabis, Learning how to grow cannabis is purely for educational purposes. All information on this website is strictly for: Historical reference, Scientific reference and educational purposes. Please check the laws in your own country as T-G-C.nl is in no way responsible for repercussions of accessing the website. All information is stored on a secure server in Amsterdam. We advise all visitors against breaking the law.